Returning/New Player Info

I played from approx '99-'02 (guessing).  I started up fresh a few days ago and there are quite a few changes.  I enjoy figuring it all out again, but would really like to know some general advice about what is worth it and not.  I've created a Bard/Tamer, a T-Hunter, Crafter and a Sampire.  I am certain I will play mostly with my Sampire so that is my focus with training right now.  

For starters, what I would like to know is if there is a a decent thread somewhere that tells me what to hang on to.  Internet searches keep showing me things back from when I played.  There are many new items and mods on them (splintering for instance) that I am not familiar with.  I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what works with my style let alone what others are looking for or what PVPers are looking for, etc...  So is there a list of things to keep as I train and loot?

Someone in chat the other day said any splintering weap with no neg.  Ok, I found two of those in the hour after he told me, but then he was gone in chat. So I assume what I found is splintering with no neg, but also missing something on it.  Too low level?  Why so important if I can find them on ratmen with ease.

Right now I can only assume that we are still after LMC, HCI, DI, FC/FCR.  Are any of the artifacts worth a damn?  Ornie?

Any advice, a link to a thread or comments here would be greatly appreciated.  

FYI... I am on garbage satellite internet with .5 upload for the next 5 days so avoiding groups until then which only makes this more difficult to learn and I don't want to annoy the world with global chat of constant "is this good?", "what about this?".  I figure if I get in the ballpark I could then use chat to get price checks, but without asking about all of the useless stuff.  

Thanks in advance and good to be back!

Comments

• Gone_FishinGone_Fishin Posts: 33
    I just returned to the game about 2 months ago after leaving it in '02. I pretty much asked all the same questions as you. It will take time to learn all the new stuff.  I would recommend trying to find an active guild that uses discord app. It will make it so much easier to ask questions and get help.  Which shard are you on?  UOGuide.com is a great resource for searching about stuff as well as the info on this site.