Cross shard pvp, do you like the idea?

2»

Comments

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    Cookie said:
    Xris said:

Am I the only one watching pvp slowly dissolve on UO? 

I get what you are trying, and in a way, it's a shame you are being derailed quite so much.

While you've tried, I don't think the idea can really take off.

I do also think some of the guys above have summed up perfectly the main problem pvp has right now. See this post.

the problem is pvp used to be player vs player, now its programs vs player.  That's like 80% of the problem.   Then comes the mass overskilling due to ridiculous global loot, then the tele jewels, then too many consumables.   Fix all that and pvp will be great again.

For many years, I've been saying PvP is about me, the last human, v the machines. For a long time, I was quite macho and sadistic about it, I'd push the limits to fight the machines, and every win was a more glorious win because I'd fought against a robot and won. In the old days, you could still match the robots if you had enough skill - not anymore. It's all machines v machines now, and basically, it is no fun.

The global loot, and too many consumables have also made a difference, but as Higgs has said, it's 80% the machines.

Ya I understand, the machine issue is ruining it. Just wish something would be done. VvV is a bomb I wish they'd just delete it and bring back factions or order vs chaos. Something, anything.