Fix navrey holes at once

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 900
edited April 2020 in General Discussions
I for one find it absolutely disgusting that after the dev team broke the navrey holes with what is suspected by many a result of the store item spiral staircases

the solution offered was to get the owner to donate the items and they will be fixed and placed in EM halls 

Mesanna this is totally unacceptable and you should fix the navrey holes immediately so we can access them again

i don’t own one but use them on a few shards. Your mistake should NOT affect the players and owners

if you can fix them in EM halls you can certainly fix them in player houses . If the owner does not want to lose such an amazing item they will not be fixed

remember this is a result if Dev team error and NOT the players or owners 
Just what on Earth are you thinking  
  1. should navrey holes be fixed after DEV error?7 votes
    1. Fix them so they work as before in player owned houses
      85.71%
    2. Accept unfair “fix” by accepting owner donate to EM hall
      14.29%

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 796
    No they should never have been in the game to begin with. If they wished to allow a short cut to Navrey they should have just let us mark a rune or at least made it open to all players like the EM hall solution. 

Knowing human nature I'd be surprised if on at lest one shard the use of the "hole" isn't reserved to one guild with a hefty fee to the owner.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited April 2020
    'm just glad I didn't buy one of those holes. I considered it a few years ago, but dcided against it because I didn't want to open another account to place the house for it. *dodges bullet*

FYI, if I DID get/have one, I would be HIGHLY PO'd that the Devs "broke" them, and THEN gave the "middle finger" to the people who owned them. It shows a complete lack of character/concern on the part of the Devs. Which sadly, is happening more and more often!

@Bleak @Kyronix Why, IN MY OPINION (which I AM entitled to),  does it seem that pretty much everything y'all are doing these days has a BLATANT disregard for the majority of the players wishes?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    edited April 2020
    Please let players keep their Navrey holes and the EM can make them work at the owners house.

Many new and returning players could use Navrey to advance their toons and Pets but many will never go there now.

We need more encounters like Navrey where a player can log on, get to the Mob quick, spend 10 to 20 mins there, and that mob be useful.  Some players just have 10 to 30 minutes periods that they can play.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Fix the holes that players have, place one at every EM house and next to Luna Gate.  Problem solved.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    Or add to the crystal portals jaw etc. 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Get a grip …. they were never meant to be in public hands.. The dev were looking for a way to get players to give them up.. took them a while but they got the job done.  Its not that big a deal to walk the short distance to the den of the spider... put your big boy pants on and go play
    edited April 2020
    Get a grip …. they were never meant to be in public hands.. The dev were looking for a way to get players to give them up.. took them a while but they got the job done.  Its not that big a deal to walk the short distance to the den of the spider... put your big boy pants on and go play

I know how.  Put your NOOB armor on and try that walk.

Nobody forces you to use the Navrey hole. Why do you care what others do?  And belittle them?

Do you sail to Fire Island every time?  Or use a shortcut.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    This kinda shows how not being able to mark ruins in some areas has made some people including me not even bother 
    UO is already a huge grind fest so why do they keep adding more disincentives / obstacles to the game. As we can all see the subs are dropping.
    i realize a lot of people have no problems running through dungeons and Ish but you see over and over people complaining about not being able to mark ruins in certain areas. If you want to foot it go ahead get ride of your ruin book and walk everywhere.  
    Yup.  Nobody forces you to have a runebook.  If you don't like shortcuts don't take them.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i view it as they were  serverbirth, not intended in the first place, and were always a high risk item.  yeah people paid alot for them, but should have known the risks.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This discussion is closed.
This discussion has been closed.