Would you alter your tamer build to add Herding if ...
Okay, I know a few of you tamers may already have the Herding skill. You've already made your decision and are just here because of the click-baity title. For the rest of the tamer community, what if the Herding skill offered specific benefits for taming? For non-tamers, it would continue to operate the same, but tamers with Herding there would be:
- extra stable slot at 60 Herding, 2 extra at GM Herding. This would also apply to non-tamers, although they are unlikely to have enough pets for this to matter.
- Pets rez with more health, etc. Each 1 point of Herding above 80 adds 3% of pets total stats. So at GM Herding, pets rez with just over 60% of max health, stamina, and mana.
- extra follower slot (6 total) if Herding, Taming, Lore, and Vet all at least GM
- also at GM Herding, Vet, Lore, and Taming, all your pets gain movement speed of a mount while not in battle. Pets that were previously fast gain no speed bonus. Since you can have a mount now plus your 5-slot pet, it can keep up with you. This buff only applies to bonded pets.
- ability to tame any herdable creature, even at champion spawns. For potential pets with taming requirements greater than 100 taming and lore, GM Herding would also be necessary.
Note that "GM" here specifically means at least 100 actual skill.
Have you imagined other ways for Herding to be made a more mainstream-useful skill?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)