Why hasn't Broadsword created a t2a server!?

Tad_CooperTad_Cooper Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in General Discussions
What gives? All the free shards are running their games during this era for obvious reasons so why can't Broadsword?.This game has been around for over 20 years and even though the game is still fun at times, it has become all about collecting rares and PvE.PVP,, thieving, and all the underhanded tactics don't really get the love that it once did. Sure, we have Siege but it's no where near as great as t2a.95% of all uo players (osi and freeshards) will agree with me.
 With the introduction of Endless Journey, old players were given an option to play again, but its not enough. The players are out there but they're not playing OSI. They're out there on the free shards. Creating a new t2a shard will spread the word and many will consider coming back to atleast give it a try. 

From a fiscal pov- those who come back will want their old chars if Broadsword pushed character transfers, even at a short term discount when the shard is created, many ppl including myself will pay to transfer a char there. There will also be an increase in account subs due to ppl wanting to place houses.
This game has been around for a long time, and I give props to Broadsword for keeping it fresh. But sometimes, especially in this case, its better to take a step back and let players relive an experience that made this game a late 90s-early 2000s masterpiece.

1. Would you play a t2a era server?8 votes
    1. Yes
      12.50%
    2. Hell Yes!!
      12.50%
    3. No
      75.00%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,121
    edited April 2020
    Why?  I want stats not junk.  

The Good Ole Days never live up to the hype.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Tad_CooperTad_Cooper Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Pawain said:

The Good Ole Days never live up to the hype.
    Tell that to the free sharders. Thats not including the new hot shard, Outlands. When is the last time you've seen shards even 1/3 of those numbers? maybe peak time on a weekend in Atlantic? maybe?

And even if it's less than Atlantic's average. 1000 new people even if a quarter of those re subscribe that money in broadswords pocket,

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    No because starting over is something I’m not willing to do 
    I would rather see this team put more into more enjoyable game play 
    fix the bosses so they scale from solo to multiplayers difficult 
    balance templates to be more equally in defense and damage 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,258
    We already have a Fel only server, why do we need another one.
    The reason they have players is because they are free.  Do you really believe that if people had to pay to play those shards that they would.
    Those shards are pay-to-win, if you give the owners enough green they will make you anything you want.
    They will not come no matter what you think.

You forgot an answer on your poll HELL NO
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2020
    Love the fact that according to your screen shot, you appear to be heavily macroing magery, is that on Atl or one of those free shards ? lol

Oh yeah, and...IBTL
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Oh yeah, and...IBTL
    Ditto now.  :D
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    this thread will be close soon lol….btw your number of people online on freeshard with unlimited accounts running afk script dont reflect the real numbers
    I do wish they would make a fel only server. We could watch everyone go there for a week and then it die two weeks later since the sheep wont stay for them to take from.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    I wish they would hire some of the artists on the free servers. There clothing and armor look nice.
    ^^^ That is true.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    edited April 2020
    Not sure if they would allow them on this fourm. But this was just a few sec Google search
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    I have to admit the art is good 

ibtl I’m sure 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This thread is closed. This thread violates the Terms of Service which all users agree to before posting. 

No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
    1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
    2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
    3. Cash sales of in game items.
This discussion has been closed.