Player that is banned walks into a house.

NikardNikard Posts: 164
I just had a player walk into my house and attack my bard, when I tried to ban him, it said 'this player is already banned" - so my bard died and was drylooted while I waited for a gm to come who had to physically enter him into the banlist. I asked 'how did this player walk into my house.' The GM responds 'he was not on your banlist."

If he wasnt banned, why couldnt I ban him?
If he was banned, why could he walk into my house?
I got the strong middle finger from the game, where it decides he can come in, and ALSO I cannot ban him, so he got to dryloot my toon while the GM told me 'he was not on the banlist.'

I guess this is all my fault, I should not expect game mechanics to function properly in 2020. More of a rant than a bug report I guess, I dont want back whatever is on my bards corpse, but I would have been PISSED if this happened to my crafter.

Btw, gm showed up instantly, WATCHED him walk into my house and me unable to ban him. Zero action taken on the player because 'he was not on the banlist.'

Gaining entry to a house you are ban from is legal now right? Otherwise this player escaped without justice.

@Kyronix Hoping for a fix soon or this account is going EJ. No point to owning a house if I cant ban someone.

Comments

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Was your house set to private? Were doors secured?

(I do agree it should not have happened, but there may be other things you can do)
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Public house with secured doors at the time, but now it obviously has to remain private due to game mechanics not working.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    Which facet.  Is he in your guild  Were doors set to owner only.  Ban list shows name only when it should show the unique ID number everyone has but keep in mind that is you Xfer that number changes.  You can find that number your name in chat.
    It was in felucca, doors set to friend+. Not friended, not co owned, not guilded, just a random player attacking my bard with me getting stuck with the 'this player is already banned' message.
    could it have been an old friend that changed names or was incognito.
  • Did you use "I ban thee" or "remove thyself"?
    I used "I ban thee" and it did not say i cannot remove them, it said specifically 'this player is already banned'
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited April 2020
    you can stop doubting Nikard, this bug has been around for years on Siege as well. I know 3 people who had the exact same problem, they run public houses and ask people not to atack anyone inside, those who violate that rule get banned. Works in 99% of the cases.
    In 3 seperate cases, however, the house owner tried to ban PKs inside the house and received the exact same message "this player is already banned", yet still the player could enter the house.

Maybe @Magichands and @I_was_there_recently can add details of their experience...
    LMAO So now according to @Max_Blackoak asking questions to try and figure out what could have happened is calling @Nikard a lier.
  • MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    edited April 2020
    We have that problem on Siege for a long time... On Siege with my guild we have a official recognize town and in this town we have a market for all people. The rule is simple: no steal and no kill inside or you get banned. Well i had already at least 3 people that i couldn't ban in any way because when i tried i get always the same message: this player is already banned.  I used also the help in game but i got the automatic answer from the system saying that GM cannot do anything about that but the only solution is that a GM fix the problem. I tried with owner, co-owner, friends... Nothing, against some players wasn't possible use the ban option. The only thing i tought is that probably they changed the name of the char or delete the char (that maybe was already banned) and make a new one. In that way system break and you cannot anymore ban them. I asked in another post about a fix but noone answered :(
    And yes the only solution is using the remove option but it stand for only a few minutes.
    @Lord_Frodo ; And anyway i think Max was just saying that Nikard is right not that you are calling him a lier.
    you can stop doubting Nikard
    @ Lord_Frodo  And anyway i think Max was just saying that Nikard is right not that you are calling him a lier.
    What would you call that?

Doubt is defined as an uncertain opinion or a lack of confidence. An uncertainty about whether a football team will win a game is an example of a doubt. ... The definition of doubt is to be unsure or to disbelieve. To wonder if the person you're about to marry is the right person is an example of doubt.

Nobody on here said anything about not believing @Nikard
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Let us stay on the topic at hand please.
    Game master watching this player use a bug to enter a house he is ban from. Zero action taken on him, only got him added to my banlist again.

wtf.png 65.3K
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Two players with the same name on same account? I'm not sure if banning a single player bans all players toons on that same account.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    So, you should test out a player attacking you inside your house and then you trying to ban them. Chances are it adds them to the ban list the second they flag on you, but it probably doesn't kick them out. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,736
    Maybe time to say I ban thee and remove thyself all together?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • jelinidas said:
    Two players with the same name on same account? I'm not sure if banning a single player bans all players toons on that same account.

You can only have one character per account on Siege, so in Magichand's case it was definitely the same character.