Can the uo team actually dedicate some time to the pvp community.

Comments

• A common theme in a few posts is that Razor / steam need to be disabled as they are ruining the games PvP. If the Devs can only fix one thing, please allow it to be this!!!!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    This ^
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 851
    A common theme in a few posts is that Razor / steam need to be disabled as they are ruining the games PvP. If the Devs can only fix one thing, please allow it to be this!!!!
     I could not agree more.

There are a few other third-party-clients that should be added to the 'disable' list as well though.

That's the real 'balance' to pvp that is needed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    instead of making a list of clients that are not allowed to log on, simply make a list of clients that can log on. That way you won't have to play catch with new third party programs.

I agree though, make sure people can only log in using legitimate clients and a lot of the problems in this game will be solved.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    I did not realize that Razor / Steam are clients just like CC / EC and not a 3rd party program like UOAssist.

How do you tell server side if someone is running Razor/steam or are you suggesting that we allow UO to have access to our systems like PunkBuster wanted.
    you're right, they're third party programs. Bad choice of words from my part.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    edited May 2020
    How would you tell server side if I am using Razor and not UOA.  From what I understand Razor is what UOA started out to be and at the time UO said it was to powerful so UOA got dumped down and what is the difference between CC + UOA and the EC with all its add ons
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    Months without needed changes. No changes announced in pub 109 patch notes. What’s the deal @Bleak @Kyronix
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited July 2020
    How would you tell server side if I am using Razor and not UOA.  From what I understand Razor is what UOA started out to be and at the time UO said it was to powerful so UOA got dumped down and what is the difference between CC + UOA and the EC with all its add ons

No idea how they could tell server side.

EC > CC+UOA - EC is just so much faster, and has so many more add-ons. But, more functionality has been moved from UOA into CC, and this has made CC so much more playable.

EC equals CC + EasyUO scripts, the speed of the scripts, and more versatility helps make up for the sheer speed of EC.

EC equals CC + Enhanced Razor - again, the speed and versatility of Razor scripts and inbuilt macros match the sheer speed of EC running and casting.

You can tell someone using EC by the sheer speed of running and casting, the way they never get blocked by trees or obstacles, and the fact they don't ever hold spells because it is too fast.

You can tell someone using Enhanced Razor, because of their magically cast walls 1 tile in front of you when you are both running at full speed, or the way they magically navigate huge field fights, or the way they auto heal with bandages with no effort.

You can usually tell by the style of someones play, what client/software they are using. When you have pvp'd forever against it all, you can just feel it.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited July 2020
    Cody said:
    Months without needed changes. No changes announced in pub 109 patch notes. What’s the deal @ Bleak @ Kyronix

I've been pvping a lot recently. I'm not even sure what needs to be done anymore, the more you fight against it all, the more you and your team adjust to it all in your play, and the more you negate whatever it is people are using via skill. Your skill level goes up so much, you start outplaying them anyway and the less aware you become.

What it does do of course, is make a lot of bad players very good, so all fights are harder, but in the end, they miss the small thing that matters.

Please stick on topic. Any updates @Bleak @Kyronix ?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    Every Dev team, for as long as I've played, has been given advice by pvpers, usually conflicting, on how to 'fix' pvp. I don't think it's possible. Everyone wants something different.
    I gather that you are unhappy with the latest changes, so let me ask a question. Did you log in to test center to test the changes and give feedback before it went world wide? 
    Whenever I ask this kind of question in general chat I get an arrogant 'no, it's their job'. A special test center was set up to test IDOCs in Fel, but as far as I could tell from feedback, no pvp IDOC took place. If pvpers won't work with them, how in hell can they ever get it right?  
    I’ve taken your advice Petra and logged onto test and re-reported just a few bugs that predate publish 109 that are still in effect on test centre publish 109 as feedback.

I’ll let you know how many get fixed.

my money is on 0.

but wouldn’t it be nice for all if for once I was wrong?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Uo would become so great again if they removed steam and razor
    Uo would become so great again if they removed steam and razor
    literally any third party program!
    Ideally they'd make EC and CC the same considering features and make it so you wouldn't be able to connect to any shard using anything but their own client. I don't see that happening though...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2020
    This game SUCKS for PVP.. Plain and Simple. I know a lot of people that are hanging on by a thread because nothing changes.. Nothing significant, at least.

Make it so pets CANNOT attack players in game. It's so pointless and frustrating. There is no fun in fighting 4 bane dragons and 4 mares at a time. Dismount "all kill" takes no skill and is ruining much of the pvp.

Also, guilds/alliances are just TOO big. Zergs are just pointless and ruin fighting. Fighting equivalent to 4v1 is lame as hell. An alternative would be to make each special or spell do less and less damage depending on the number of people flagged to an individual. For example, if an AI does 35 damage and 5 people are flagged to one.. then have the AI do 10 damage.

OR, cap how many people can join a guild (acct based) and how many alliances can be had. Even if people "field truce" it would still make it more difficult as area spells and pots would still attack truced guilds. Pretty much anything is better than the crap way things are now.

Lastly, work on somehow stopping all the damn scripts.. At least the dismount script and wall of stone scripts.. And whatever else is out there that I'm missing that makes it completely unfair to fight against. 

I'm sick of bitching, I'm sick of other people bitching and I'm about 2 deaths to banes aware from saying **** Yew.

[edited Rorschach]
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ScorpioScorpio Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    To fix pvp you have to first end the cheating/speed hacking and use of pvp scripts and programs. THEN you can rebalance. UO has long been tainted by the less skilled combatants with more skill in coding cheating to win. Cheat engine is so out of control that in guild's discords players post screen shots without even closing it. Sampires and tamers screenies with CE and other programs on with no shame even on pvm chars, and you realize why you can't get away or catch up in pvp. Hit Chance and Defence Chance has felt broken since SA released (i say feels broken because i dont even know if any changes happened) Pure Dexxers and Pure Mages are complete non factors, meaning you have to play something somewhat hybrid to compete, and even that won't work until your buddy teaches you how to get a stump hack and set up cheat engine so you run smoother, and then he sets you up with a new program and scripts that auto target you to his target and times spell for you, chugs pots for you based on %hp and stam, eats apples, cures poisons, auto trap pouch/box when para'd, has automatic healing of party members, has auto dismount and remount. What's the point in even playing at this point? The first 10 years i played uo, all i did was pvp, i loved it. Win or lose i was addicted. I took a break and came back to a completely different game, people openly told me "if you dont use these programs, not only can you not win, you cant compete" unfortunately they were mostly right. In the old days you were shunned for cheating in fel, now its just normal. But if you get caght macroing a skill up you'll get banned *smh* I may be an old "washed up" player in the eyes of modern Ultima, but the fact remains: The problem isn't game content, and if it is, we will not even know until the cheating is fixed.

I saw list of accounts banned or suspended in July and why they were banned/suspended 59 for macroing, 2 for third party. 2? Go to Fel yew ATL during prime time and you can wipe the field by just detecting cheat engine alone. I know because i played in some of those guilds on various characters. Macroing skills is just someone trying to cut the fat and get into action, 3rd party programs is cheating during the action, it would seem the powers that be are focusing on the wrong problems IMO

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Scorpio said:
    To fix pvp you have to first end the cheating/speed hacking and use of pvp scripts and programs. THEN you can rebalance. UO has long been tainted by the less skilled combatants with more skill in coding cheating to win. Cheat engine is so out of control that in guild's discords players post screen shots without even closing it. Sampires and tamers screenies with CE and other programs on with no shame even on pvm chars, and you realize why you can't get away or catch up in pvp. Hit Chance and Defence Chance has felt broken since SA released (i say feels broken because i dont even know if any changes happened) Pure Dexxers and Pure Mages are complete non factors, meaning you have to play something somewhat hybrid to compete, and even that won't work until your buddy teaches you how to get a stump hack and set up cheat engine so you run smoother, and then he sets you up with a new program and scripts that auto target you to his target and times spell for you, chugs pots for you based on %hp and stam, eats apples, cures poisons, auto trap pouch/box when para'd, has automatic healing of party members, has auto dismount and remount. What's the point in even playing at this point? The first 10 years i played uo, all i did was pvp, i loved it. Win or lose i was addicted. I took a break and came back to a completely different game, people openly told me "if you dont use these programs, not only can you not win, you cant compete" unfortunately they were mostly right. In the old days you were shunned for cheating in fel, now its just normal. But if you get caght macroing a skill up you'll get banned *smh* I may be an old "washed up" player in the eyes of modern Ultima, but the fact remains: The problem isn't game content, and if it is, we will not even know until the cheating is fixed.

I saw list of accounts banned or suspended in July and why they were banned/suspended 59 for macroing, 2 for third party. 2? Go to Fel yew ATL during prime time and you can wipe the field by just detecting cheat engine alone. I know because i played in some of those guilds on various characters. Macroing skills is just someone trying to cut the fat and get into action, 3rd party programs is cheating during the action, it would seem the powers that be are focusing on the wrong problems IMO

You do realize there are literally no more actual speedhacks? Speed is server side, not client side. All you can do is speed up the process a bit to make the client run smoother. You can not actually change your speed via server side.
  • RockStaR said:
    Scorpio said:

You do realize there are literally no more actual speedhacks? Speed is server side, not client side. All you can do is speed up the process a bit to make the client run smoother. You can not actually change your speed via server side.
    You dont understand how things like CE work, do ya?

Not going to take the time and explain it as its against forum rules, but can say your thinking is backwards.  Servers are servers, clients are clients.  You figure out who issues the timing.

edited August 2020
    If using name removed by Mariah etc or whatever these programs/scripts are called doesn’t make you run or cast any faster, I have to ask the question, so why are you using it?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited August 2020
    an arena redesign would be awesome, or maybe a battleground instanced pvp zone where we can fight with fair numbers ... this game has alot of potential , I feel like devs just need suggestions at this point , they running out of steam after all the years
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    Let's take a look at what the Devs must do to keep the PvP Enjoyable Right Away:

CHAMP SPAWNS
    #1.) All Power Scrolls/Stat Scrolls MUST be Shard Bound. (Because the ONLY REAL way for pvpers to make Gold is selling Power Scrolls to Trammies and solo Pvpers. Currently the system helps Gold Farmers because pvpers will buy gold since there are no Pvp ways to make $$)

#2.) Add Other "MUST HAVE" Items to Champ Spawn Bosses. Maybe (Faction Item Gear: PvP Related . . .Perhaps Faction Item gear can have a Higher Intensity/Extra Mod or 2 ). This allows Pvpers to get Gear to sell and wear. This helps pvpers with a way to make some $$ doing what they love.

#3.) Champion Spawn Boss loot has WAY to many Items. This needs to come way down . . . Maybe fewer pieces but better ones. Remember, Spawns are the Heart of Fel Based PvP (Or at least used to be when UO was at it's funnest.)

REDS
    #4.) Red Lives Matter, Right now there is NO REASON to be Red. Because you can just join factions and kill people without counts. Not to mention the number of pardons in the game is ridicules and has ruined what it once meant to be a 'Murderer'.

"I suggest a Cap for each Character to limit the number of pardons a character can eat in a lifetime. I mean eventually you become an Habitchual Offender right? At some point people catch on to your sinful nature." ( Suggestion: Perhaps 1 Large Pardon, and 5 Regular Pardons?)

What if Reds could attack VVV Without going VVV? This would be a nice perk. Because they are red, they can still be attacked everywhere . . the nice perk would be no stat loss when dying.

This would be a nice start, but the red would still need another reason to go red and stay red.
    Possibilities:

'Kill Titles . .or something to show off.'
    'Give them a Town Buff.'

• ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    bucs den should have official mayor and town buff for murderers
    Another patch update: yet still nothing pvp related. What’s the deal @Kyronix @Bleak
    Cody said:
    Another patch update: yet still nothing pvp related. What’s the deal @ Kyronix @ Bleak
    • Resolved issue where ridden pets do not reflect the notoriety of their riders
    What specifically are you looking for? 

PvP has never been so balanced as it currently is, so many different templates out there.

Yeah except for half of the major issues they tried to address LAST YEAR are still not tuned properly. Literally been years since something new came to appeal to pvpers (We were promised vvv updates at the 20th anniversary party but here we are) ...but they can turn out new store items and quest chains every single patch pretty easily. 
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    PVP is the the more unbalanced than it has ever been....
  • AniAni Posts: 23

I don't know what everyone else posted but I agree 100% with Cody, Tail and Elvis

Make PvP great again damn it!
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    edited September 2020
    Lynk said:
    Elk, everyone in your guild whos not using ec has a client that looks exactly like that with the fields.

No one autopots, at least no one that i play with does.  That will get you killed.  Funny thing tho, if you throw exp pots in pound's house while he afks youd be amazed that he can heal pot and confidence when hes not at the keyboard.

I dont know what youre saying when you say tag name with ips, I assume language barrier.

No one besides slips garbage guild uses a sync script.

The only valid complaint you have is the wall stuff.  Super annoying.

Funny you mention, Tail told me a day later after I killed this guy, he questioned Tail about who AFK killed him in the house, then said he was going to do something about it.  DO SOMETHIN!

Let’s try and keep this on topic to information pertaining about tuning of mechanics/possible ideas for new updated stuff. Getting off topic will not help get @Bleak @Kyronix attention. 

Thanks! Almost October still not even a word of possible testing or ideas of changes.. 
  • While the most important factors limiting PVP are the lack of PVP specific content, the lack of incentives for Pvmers to farm on their home shards in Fel, and the disparity in items among Pvpers, those are obviously changes that require time to fix or decisions that affect more than just Pvpers. What I can speak on, however, is some of the simple number changes that can be made that will increase player retention and template diversity.

• Evasion: Despite the changes that were made to evasion in Publish 108, the effectiveness of evasion in PVP has remained unchanged. I understand that evasion is commonly used in PVM and changes would affect both groups of players, however, in PVM the most common weapons used, double axes and bladed staves, are both two-handed weapons. Therefore, if the effectiveness of evasion were decreased substantially for only one-handed weapons, the effect that the changes would have on PVM would be minimal. Two-handed weapons in PVP are used rather rarely, as such, having to switch to a two-handed weapon to evade, and being unable to use potions, the strength of evasion should be more balanced.
    • Archery: Though I do not play an archer myself, the low survivability and hit chance of the template has decreased the effectiveness and number of players using them. While I understand that the hit chance changes to archery were made initially due to the strength of the template at the time, I believe that the changes were too drastic. The hit chance for the template should be marginally increased.
    • Focused Mages: The need for parry in the current PVP environment has made focus and scribe mages essentially non-existent. With the popularity of such templates in the past, and on current free shards, parry should not be a skill that removes the focused effect.
    • Weapon Diversity: In both PVP and PVM the number of weapons that can be used is small. Weapon skills like shadow strike, block, defense mastery, dual wield, and bladeweave are rarely used by either party. There are many interesting weapons that people would use were there more useful skills on them. So, while removing these skills from all the weapons may be out of the questions, at least a handful of them should be changed.    
    • Armor and Jewel Disparity: While I said that I wouldn’t speak much on the disparity in items, I feel that adjusting the drop rate of legendary armor and jewels, as well as splinter weapons, on Fel Champ spawns would be beneficial to Pvpers and Pvmers. Now this change would still be subject to the Eight mod limit, but the greater drop rate of these “Mid-tier” items would help to balance the item disparity and increase the incentive for Pvmers to be in Fel.

Outside of these changes, there is one major bug that needs to be fixed. VVV players can turn their pets blue, which means that dismounts from No-Dachis cause the user to turn grey and in turn have guards called upon them. This should be a simple change that needs to be made.