thunbs up for the devs work on vendor search

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,182
    fonsvitae said:
    @ Lord_Frodo various books (spellbooks, mastery books; there may be others) do not have any weight ascribed.
    TY for the info and the only shard that has a problem with it is Atl.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Mariah said:
    Do I take it that you are asking vendor search to list every item on the server?
    Don't you think that's a rather large and unrealistic ask?
    It does list everything. I choose high to low to see the good stuff first.  I like to shop.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Fortis said:
    yeah!! now we know why vendor search was have issue with those stupid type of demand
    Probably has more to do with the single essence, gold coin, etc listed for sale at 175M.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,182
    I have shard shields to every shard and I go shopping to get stuff I need or to help my home shard.  Atl is the only shard I have ever experienced a problem with.  There is a lot of garbage on Atls vendors and a lot of the same thing on a vendor.  I saw 10 Char Xfer tokens on the same vendor for 100M each, who can afford those vendor fees.  Type the word "token on Atl with one account and before it finished I was able to log another account on to GL, Pac and Europa with the same search and was done before Atl was done.  Never search Atl using Low to High because of all the junk you get.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    @Bleak VS is broken again. I still get the "too vague" message AS well as, when asking for "Legendary scroll anat" I have gotten a message saying "no results match your search" for an hour. The problem is, I have been looking one on my own vender for that same hour. So ya, it's NOT fixed.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    KHAN said:
    @ Bleak VS is broken again. I still get the "too vague" message AS well as, when asking for "Legendary scroll anat" I have gotten a message saying "no results match your search" for an hour. The problem is, I have been looking one on my own vender for that same hour. So ya, it's NOT fixed.
    What server? When was the vendor opted in to VS?
    Bleak said:
    KHAN said:
    @ Bleak VS is broken again. I still get the "too vague" message AS well as, when asking for "Legendary scroll anat" I have gotten a message saying "no results match your search" for an hour. The problem is, I have been looking one on my own vender for that same hour. So ya, it's NOT fixed.
    ATL, and the vendor has been opted in to VS for years

If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    KHAN said:
    Bleak said:
    KHAN said:
    ATL, and the vendor has been opted in to VS for years

Are any other items on that vendor showing up in a search?

edited April 2020

@Bleak These are the 2 results I am getting, as of 3 minutes ago.
    edited April 2020
    @KHAN I found it 

The skill value on this scroll doesn't look to be searchable atm I can look into that.
    Update: This issue has been resolved
    @Bleak thanks
  • I had an issue today on Drach where it wasn't listing items that were in containers on the vendor.

Went to buy a runebook for 200k cause it was the only one listed on VS (and i really needed one lol).  When i got there the runebook was labeled 'display' next to a bag.  To my surprise the bag was loaded with runebooks for 400g ea.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited April 2020
    Pawain said:
    Mariah said:
    Do I take it that you are asking vendor search to list every item on the server?
    Don't you think that's a rather large and unrealistic ask?
    It does list everything. I choose high to low to see the good stuff first.  I like to shop.

it doesnt list everything.  youll notice if theres many items at the same price, it only lists a certain amount if you search everything.

high to low used to be my go-to for vendor search as well, until i noticed this.

it also groups it into batches when you search by keyword.  if theres an extra item searching high to low or low to high cuts the extras off.  you have to search both high to low, and low to high to see all items.

edited May 2020
    Well it seems that the Vendor Search "fix" was only temporary. It's broken again on ATL, and has been "off and on" for several days. 

This crap is getting REALLY OLD! @Bleak