ToT!!

Thank you for bringing this back!  This has brightened my day so much!! Woohoo!!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • It'll be nice to be able to get some old items again that haven't been available for a while.

Not to hijack, but please consider doing the town invasions again. It would be nice to have a chance to get some of those spellbooks that are no longer attainable.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    will this start March 24?  Or early?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Drakelord In another thread a Dev said all the new stuff happens Tuesday, the 24th.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    Are mempos included as per the special drop in ToT3?

And will the major dyes be available?

And PLEASE create new items to pick as many of them now just don't cut it anymore :(
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I am very excited for this, because as jack said, the old items dont cut it and I think they will have some exciting new upgrades for us =D
    edited March 2020
    @Mesanna, are there going to be new majors and possibly a new set of dyes to collect, and the mempo?  Go on really treat us!!!

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited March 2020
    ToT has been turned on as of the state it was in during the last deployment, which was somewhere around Publish 33 (or perhaps even later, requires more research).  We made no additional changes beyond that due to the extremely tight timeline for deployment.

These questions highlight why we couldn't "just" turn it on in the past.  The reward items would have needed a large overhaul and hence why future iterations of Treasures of... events have relied on randomly geneerated magic equipment, rather than pre-defined "minor artifacts"
  • If I'm not mistaken publish 33 was after the first ToT deployment in 2005.
    The last deplyoment of ToT was in 2009, wasn't it? I believe the luck mempo only dropped during the 2009 deplyoment...

• monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    so is it turned on now or the 24th? im confused
    edited March 2020
    @Max_Blackoak - you could be right - as I mentioned this was really a last minute thing.  I was going by what few comments were noted internally.  We'll find out soon enough!

@monkgamer - this will be active when Pub 108 goes WW on Tuesday.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    This page shows which drops were specific to which version of the event https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-treasure-of-tokuno/

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited March 2020
    @Kyronix Will there be the chance of the luck mempo drops? If there is no chance of it, then I think most people will agree that this will be a big disappointment. Just sayin'!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited March 2020
    So if its the last run we will get Mempos and if I remember correctly the set of 1 use minor pigments

Treasures of Tokuno III

From the depths of storm-tossed seas shrouded in an unending mist rises an event of epic proportions: the Treasures of Tokuno return!

Seek out the lost wealth of the Empire across verdant field, icy wasteland, and within the darkest recesses of dungeons most foul! This rare event yields the most extraordinary of rewards for those who dare step forward to heed the call.

Aiding the Empire of Tokuno
    It is hereby declared by royal decree that the people of Britannia shall assist the Empire of Tokuno with the incursion of hostile beasts that once again have begun roaming their lands, stealing their wealth and spreading destruction.
    The Treasures of Tokuno must be redeemed from these foul monsters by any means, be it blade or spell! Speak with Ihara Soko, the Imperial Minister of Trade in Zento, should you recover any lost artifacts of the Empire.
    By the hand of your Sovereign and Lord, Casca

The third event introduced Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune and new coloured Pigments, while reducing the uses of all Pigments dropped (including the original Lesser) to one and removing the previously available coloured dyes (Metal and Neon).

One of the downsides of just firing up the last publish is that the rare coloured minor pigments have become worthless :(
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Kyronix said:
    ToT has been turned on as of the state it was in during the last deployment, which was somewhere around Publish 33 (or perhaps even later, requires more research).  We made no additional changes beyond that due to the extremely tight timeline for deployment.

These questions highlight why we couldn't "just" turn it on in the past.  The reward items would have needed a large overhaul and hence why future iterations of Treasures of... events have relied on randomly geneerated magic equipment, rather than pre-defined "minor artifacts"
    Can you confirm this be part 3 of tot 

Thank you 
    publish 33 is ToT3

• ObsidianObsidian Posts: 22
    edited March 2020
    This will be fun. I was just thinking what will keep me adventuring once pub 108 goes live. I will absolutely take part in trying to get a luck Mempo (I never got one to drop in 2009). I’m also interested in the dyes, Tome of Lost Knowledge and Swords of Prosperity. I always found those two items useful.

I’ve heard some discussion that one item that can no longer be obtained are the spellbooks from the invasion content.  Maybe that one item could be added as a major selection with random SDI from 30 to 50.
  • MelchiahMelchiah Posts: 42
    A few additional flutes of renewal to support the bards will be welcome too, and of course the pigments. Not everything always has to be about Uber equipment, but I'd be happy with a mempo or two!
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Ut ohh… I see trouble in paradise.  
    *fingers crossed for the "right" publish*
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

Can you confirm this be part 3 of tot 

Thank you 
    No, sorry.  As I mentioned this was literally last minute and speaks to our previous statements regarding ToT.  Whatever state the event was in is how it will be available when Pub 108 goes WW.  In the past when folks have asked for a re-instatement of this event we would evaluate the fictional basis, update that narrative as necessary, evaluate the mechanics & PvM balance,  update that as necessary, and evaluate the reward pool and update that as necessary.  We decided to forgo those normal design considerations in lieu of giving something for players to do in the immediate term while we focus on our broader plans that we'd developed for this year.  Despite some assertions to the contrary, all these factors are what has driven our response to the request to and why it is not as simple as "flipping a switch".
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Kyronix said:

... while we focus on our broader plans that we'd developed for this year
    OooOOoo!!  Do you care to share a bit more on these "broader plans"?  Can we peek at that roadmap? TYIA
  • Thanks for giving us this to do while RL is a bit on halt or troublesome . You work from home and all..I  wish the ppl that demand things or whine in general understand now this wasnt planned and just an extra gift in times we might need someting to occupie our minds with . They gave us something we have asked for and had no time to spend on redesigning and adding stuff, Be grateful for once.. 
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    this is very nice..thank you. itll ease the sting of whats going on. i never did a tot so im excited instead of gloomy
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    monkgamer said:
    this is very nice..thank you. itll ease the sting of whats going on. i never did a tot so im excited instead of gloomy
    A lot of people enjoy farming fast spawning low level creatures. You can also join in the Tok champ spawn. 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    is there is no mempo no one will do this event... and people will come here to yell again. they should put a 50 turns in reward like a chance between 30-50 sdi spellbook  with the cost of 50 Tokuno drops
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They will do it without the Mempo... They want it back for the other stuff also for some reason.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I'm not sure, until it's actually live and we can see, but I think the mempo may drop. It was part of the ToT season 3, as you can see if you follow the link I posted earlier.
    Here are the relevant publish notes:

lol reading that is seems u can get major dyes form the monsters, which u cannot. lol !  also can the minor dyes stack, I cant remember ?

@Mesanna. Can you make the minor dyes stackable for hoarders like me ?