In my 40+ years of gaming I've noticed a link between avatar names and certain personality traits.  I believe, with a solid set of training data, one could accurately predict things like age, political bent, relative intelligence, etc. with a machine learning algorithm.  This may be the basis for some sort of graduate thesis.  Any Comments?

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Interesting theory.  I think you might be able to somewhat accurately deduce certain things, but the deductions would often be incorrect.  If you want some data, take a look at my City of Heroes Hall of Heroes site.  It is a memorial to my large set of protagonists in that game.  When it was announced that the game was shutting down, I gathered all the info from my guys and built the site over the next month or two.

The link brings you to the site's alphabetical index.  There is a home page, several sorts of index pages, and individual pages for every character.  The site has been online for about 8 years, so if that sort of deep dive into one player's psyche would be useful, have at it.
    (Yeah, I'm weird.  You probably won't need a lot of study to figure that out. ;) )
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)