switching shards?

Is it easy to switch shards? How do you do it?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Buy a transfer token from the store.

Make a new toon on the shard you want to go to.

Walk into the shard transfer gate that does not exist.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Buy a transfer token.

You can take 1 character, your stables, and up to 5 pack animals with you(backoack and bank box as well.) Make sure any gold you want to take is deposited into your transfer account, otherwise it stays on the original shard.

Macros, and desktop are not transfered,  ut you can copy them over.

Or, just make a new character up. Part of the fun is starting from scratch, and many many cool peeps are on each shard willing to help people. Mostly to convince you that that shard should be your new home.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800

Ask around on your shard if any one is going to be doing a transfer to your destination shard.  I do free transfers from Pacific to Atlantic or Catskills and back.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    just make sure they are trustworthy. ask in your guild, or some of the well known players. its easy to get jacked, and that would suck.

also realise, that there are issues with characters being "lost" during server transfers. it has taken a guild member a month to get his back.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Is not hard - I've done it twice now with my toons. From Napa to Pac, and now Pac to Catskills.

Make sure the toons you want to xfer is the ones you want to xfer!
    Check skills, scrolled skills, and if you used any other power scrolls on the toon. 
    If you have a skilled toon, but not scrolled, then put that toon's skills on soulstones.
    You want to use xfer tokens on your scrolled toons, as the cost can pile up.

Things to consider:
    • Put uber rares in the bank box
    • Packies can hold a lot of weight, but only 125 item count (prepack your containers with this in mind)
    • If running out of space/storage for xfer, consider selling things off - like resources (can always farm more on new shard)
    • Don't forget to put your gold into the Transfer portion of your bank gump (almost forgot 500mil once)
    • Make sure all the packies are actually following you (All Follow Me). If not, you could lose that packy!

Above all else, take your time, do not rush it. I lost an entire toon's skills that were stoned because I rushed a xfer. :(