Coconut Crab

So I got one, thinking it would eat shoes. Its advertised as eating leather items, it won't eat sandals. I'm disappointed, end of story because there's no sense whining about it.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited February 2020
     you would think it would eat sandals, thats weird that it does not
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I was thinking of getting a coconut crab. But was wondering if they can be killed and if I need animal taming and animal lore to keep them in line.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ok, this is BS, he doesn't eat boots either so wtf ? If the idea was he eats actual leather that's just stupid, who's gonna feed it leather ? smdh

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I went to the npc shop and bought shoes and regular boots, this thing doesn't eat any of it. I want my 1000 sovereigns back @Kyronix @Mesanna ; or at least a good explanation of what exactly it's supposed to eat and why you've advertised it as eating leather, and who in their right mind that you know of, that would simply feed it leather for the hell of it.

LOL you can't make this stuff up. I just dropped 2 barbed leather on him, he doesn't eat that either. Oh he's such a hungry little thing aint he ?

edited February 2020
    Ok so apparently, there are 2 different Coconut Crabs, which I didn't realize and don't think was mentioned. The one that eats is the dropped version. I wish I had known that, it's the only reason I bought this one and I feel like I've been mislead by it being offered as a purchaseable mount in the store. This store bought mount is not an ethy, it's a bondable creature. Why was this worded like this on release notes ?

• Hungry Coconut Crab Statuette
      • Pet that will eat leather, can be trained up to 2 slots and is “exoskeletal”

• Try just normal leather, out of curiosity
    It doesn't eat any leather and should NOT have been added to the store because I"m sure I'm not the only one that was mislead by this thing that I just paid 1000 sovereigns for.

• Welcome to UO.  

sorry, no one should spend $10 and get ripped off.  If Mesanna cares about players at all, she will fix this.  And change the description of the ripoff crab to big letters saying " THIS IS NOT THE TRASH EATING CRAB!!!"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited February 2020
     :D

Oopsy you bought the crab mount.  That one does not eat leather and was never advertised to do so.  You need the one from Charybdis. 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-high-seas/

You have a nice big crab mount, just as advertised. The hungry one is lots smaller.

The info page makes it seem they all can drop it.  I thought it was a Charybdis specific drop.
    Better if they all can drop it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited February 2020
    Goats will eat all footwear. Hell, you can even throw all the footwear in a backpack, then feed the backpack to the goat. Goats are basically mobile garbage cans.
    I'm aware of goats, thx.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Pawain said:
     :D

Oopsy you bought the crab mount.  That one does not eat leather and was never advertised to do so.  You need the one from Charybdis. 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-high-seas/

You have a nice big crab mount, just as advertised. The hungry one is lots smaller.

The info page makes it seem they all can drop it.  I thought it was a Charybdis specific drop.
    Better if they all can drop it.

I will edit the page to clarify that, thank you for pointing it out.
    the crab, the rum bottle and the mempo are all Charybdis specific drops.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    It seem like it’s the bigger brother of the smaller drop version so the store bought should eat everything lol