How does a free (Endless Journey) character access the bank?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited February 2020 in General Discussions
I just made an Endless Journey account and created a character.  If it matters, he is designated as "(young)".  As I understand it, he should be able to use the bank and store up to 20 items.  But my character can't even deposit gold, which means vendors won't sell him anything.  Looking at my bank account, I see:

(The standard Bank Options gump always shows as well.) My character is not allowed to drop items or gold onto this thing.  Saying "deposit 500" does nothing.  I know there were bugs initially, but one would think by now they had been worked out.  What am I doing wrong?

Update:  I noticed there is an extra Bank Options command: "Deposit an item into Bank Box". Clicking it, the cursor changed to its select icon, and he clicked his drum.  It got transferred to the bank!  But I cannot drag it out, nor is there a corresponding "Withdraw an item from Bank Box".  The system won't let my guy drag a pile of gold into the bank box either.  So he is still locked out of using vendors.  At a bare minimum, vendors should revert to their original behavior, and withdraw the necessary gold from your backpack.

... An actual new player might just give up.

Update 2: As is my usual, I recorded my "Goal Template" onto his Profile scroll. The chat gump showed, "This account is -1 months old".  Maybe the problem is he doesn't exist yet, and the system needs to catch up?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    There's another bank options command, 'make deposit into currency account'. That's your main bank account. Use that option.  You won't see gold in your bank, that has gone away. More information on this page: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/money/

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Instead of saying bank, click on the npc and select Open Bankbox.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    #Mariah, Thank you; I overlooked that.  Is there something else that I missed, allowing the character to remove one of his 20 items from the bank?
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    To take out an item you click on it and it ends up in your backpack.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    says:
    use the bank actions menu to add items to the bank box, single click an item to remove it to your back pack.

Thank you Mariah and Chrille.  He can fully access bank now.  Being a vet might have actually made this harder.  I've been accessing the UO Bank for over 2 decades, and I'm very used to how it works normally.  Free player access threw me off, and I wasn't flexible enough to consider how to change my behavior. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Rock said:
    Thank you Mariah and Chrille.  He can fully access bank now.  Being a vet might have actually made this harder.  I've been accessing the UO Bank for over 2 decades, and I'm very used to how it works normally.  Free player access threw me off, and I wasn't flexible enough to consider how to change my behavior. 
    For the low low price of $12.99 you can go right back to everything you're used to!  ;)
    Urge said:

For the low low price of $12.99 you can go right back to everything you're used to!  ;)

That is in the back of my mind.  I've got two accounts already, and the question is: will I be active enough to justify a third account?  I sure could use a third house, though.