Ortlem the Mystic, you may be bugged

Ortlem the Mystic in Ter Mur is a Mysticism trainer, vendor, and he offers the quest granting a Crystal Ball of Knowledge. As far as I know, he is the only vendor on all facets to sell the Bone and Fertile Dirt reagents. (You have to hunt to acquire the high end reagents, Dragon's Blood and Daemon Bone.)

Anyway, I think he is bugged on the Origin Shard and maybe others.  On Catskills, he sells all 8 of the page 1 Mysticism scrolls, but on Origin, he sells only the first 2 in the book.  Neither of those spells can be used to train with, assuming you buy Mysticism up to 40 from Ortlem.  They both reach 100% success chance at 37.5 skill. Fortunately if a character is created with Mysticism skill, they get 5 page one spells, which include the two which Ortlem sells. Since Stone Form is one of the 5, a player could theoretically train to 70.5 skill. It would be very difficult for an existing character to take up Mysticism and have just the two spells Ortlem sells. Without resorting to player vendors, the only way to get the remaining scrolls is to hunt on Ter Mur and hope getting all the right drops doesn't take too long.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• SableSable Posts: 239
    Has this occurred multiple days?  Vendors can be bought out of an item and you have to wait for it to respawn in their inventory.  It could possibly be a scribe filling mysticism bulk order deeds who purchased all the scrolls.

Also, vendors who sell scrolls spawn with different packages of spells they sell.  For instance, some mages sell only 1st and 2nd circle spells while others sell up to 4th circle.  Ortlem may have spawned with a small scroll selection.  Try checking the other mystics in Ter Mur and see if you can find one that has the larger selection.  
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2018
    The second mystic is inside the shop with a third north, beyond the stable, in a large building called mysterious magics
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited March 2018
    @Sable, yes Ortlem's stock on Origin has been consistent; I have checked multiple times in the past week. Since his Catskills' version stocks 500 of every one of the first 8 spell scrolls, I doubt the Origin one is just running out.

@Petra_Fyde, I'm about to start UO and go check on the second mystic now ...
    ... Found him, Vraal the Mystic. He has the first four of the Mysticism spells for sale, 500 of each. (Ortlem still had just the first two.) My guy was able to add Purge Magic to his spellbook -- now only ten to go. :) That was Origin.  On Catskills, Ortlem still had the first 8 spells.  The other Mystic, called Forskis on Catskills, has only the four spell scrolls offered by his equivalent on Origin. So something is consistent. Well, they all have 500 of each scroll, regardless of how many different scrolls they sell.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)