Please tell me there is strong encryption protecting user registration information

Our accounts are at stake

Comments

• EricBloodaxeEricBloodaxe Posts: 10
    edited February 2018
    I too was hesitant to sign up because all of our account info is now linked to this site but I suspect it doesn't matter if players sign up or not, they are linked anyway.

I'd feel more comfortable however if I could choose my own password, or change it. If I change my password for my main EA account will it change my password here? A little more info re:security would be comforting.

Please consider.
    Ready, Willing and Able
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    edited February 2018
    Change your passwords regularly.  You can change your client password from the EA Account site.  There's a Change Password button near the bottom that changes the game client password.
  • Feigr said:
    Change your passwords regularly.  You can change your client password from the EA Account site.  There's a Change Password button near the bottom that changes the game client password.
    You can do that, however it only takes a couple minutes to destroy an account. Log in account transfer house, log out....player is devastated.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    Security is a BIG issue, I TOTALLY agree. Look at this going thread on the topic too: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/83/account-security-linking-to-uo-account