New player question: Inscription / Imbuing build?

Hello, I'm quite new to Ultima Online playing on Atlantic, and I've been trying to come up with some builds to help myself and my buddys who are starting. so far I've been making crafting / trader builds for us and was looking to try to have all the trade / gather skills as neither of them like that kind of stuff in games.

So far from research and help from others, my chars are:
Human:
Blacksmith 120
Tailoring 120
Arms lore 100
Tinkering 100
Carpentry 100
Fetching 100
Magery 80 (+40 rings / gloves for 120)
---------------------------
Human:
Magery 110
Evaluate Intelligence 110
Meditation 110
Fishing 100
Alchemy 100
Mining 95 (+5 gloves for 100)
Lumber jacking (+5 Axe for 100)

I would like to make a char that has inscription and imbuing if possible / optimal to run at the same time. hopefully on a gargoyle for the Imbuing bonus.

If you could give me any suggestions on a build to help me out I'd very much appreciate it. and if you have any critiques or suggestions on my other two chars I'd gladly take it! I do have a soulstone so i can swap out things if needed. so far I've just been power leveling and haven't been able to do much so any and all input helps! thanks!

I don't make very good "First Impressions"
Tagged:

Comments

• sorry miss-typed lumber jacking 95 (+5)

I don't make very good "First Impressions"
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited January 2020
    Looks good Kalzaar, here are some things I have from my notes...(others might know of more/better crafter combos...)

Character 1 looks to be able to build most everything in game, except for the following... 

You'll Tinkering plus 15 Animal Lore to be able to build....something, can't remember what. 
    Might be able to get that from gear or Human JOAT (+20) skill bonus, don't remember off the top of my head.

You'll need Carpentry plus 45 Musicianship to build Musical Instruments. Might be able to get that with gear as well, but you'd have to check on that.

You'll need Carpentry plus 75 Imbuing to build a Soul Forge.

That's all the extra combo's I know. If none of those are important to ya, you're good to go! If you desperately need any of them, Soulstones are a good way to go. However, since you said you want to build an Imbuer and you wanted all the crafting skills....

Switch Alchemy for Inscription on Character 2. You'll get the 10 SDI from Inscription and since you already have Eval/Magery/Med it'll give that character a touch more power (not sure if you'll notice it or not). Then you can build Character 3 with Alchemy and Imbuing along with the crafting skills you're missing, Cooking and Fletching.

So, potential Character 3:
    Gargoyle:
    120 Imbuing 
    100 Alchemy
    100 Cooking
    100 Fletching

Magery (to get around - can skip if using RuneBooks)
    Arms Lore (To get the bonus for fletching. Can also skip if using Whetstones to wipe the DI bonus from crafting - or Stone Arms Lore on/off as needed.)

If you didn't want Magery/ArmsLore you could take Mysticism/Meditation. You'd have to use another method to get around, but Mysticism would get the bonus from Imbuing, and you'd have Alchemy to buff potions.

Good luck Kalzaar!

P.S. Don't forget to use a Harvester's Blade to gather leather.
    -Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Alternately if you have a bovine slayer you can have that equipped while skinning the corpse to automatically gather the leather.

Since you have the crafting skills on your characters you will probably want to equip them with the various crafting talismans.  Particularly ones with a high exceptional bonus value.
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited February 2020
    I got a tailoring and inscription talisman on atlantic you can have, i think its 20% on each? or 25%? I forget, but it should help

I picked them up off the floor of a bank, amazing what you can get just standing around lol

• RockRock Posts: 567
    I second Arroth_Thaiel's suggestions.  UOGuide has a nice table of carpentry items, including any secondary skills that might be needed to make a give item.  Take special note of his suggestion to make the character a Gargoyle.  One of the benefits this race receives is a bonus to imbuing.  Since there is no training quest for imbuing, start it out at 50 skill.  If you go the mysticism route, the same applies.  Start out at 50.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)