A feature that I find VERY annoying with Krampus content....

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited January 2020 in General Discussions
Upon dieing or cancelling a Trade Order, ALL of the items contained in the box that gets destroyed, do NOT get destroyed but get to litter the character's backpack....

If one has 20 each for 5 types of items, and not stackable, it can well be very annoying, to then get rid of...

Can it please be changed so that they get destroyed with the Trade Order container ?

Thanks.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    NO

If it would have destroyed all the items I would bet you would have bitched about that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    The box should be blessed like the band aid belt.  The items should stay inside upon death and the order not be cancelled.  

As for cancelling, I dont care. I dont accept long runs so I can always finish a run and get to Krampus.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797

There is an easy work around.  You can travel between the towns with an empty box then fill it in the destination town before giving it to the trade minister.  If the town does not have a shop that sells what you need have a character from a second account, paid or EJ, buy it then gate or recall to the destination town and give it to the character doing the trade run.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    TimSt said:

There is an easy work around.  You can travel between the towns with an empty box then fill it in the destination town before giving it to the trade minister.  If the town does not have a shop that sells what you need have a character from a second account, paid or EJ, buy it then gate or recall to the destination town and give it to the character doing the trade run.

Wouldn't it be way easier to just have the Trade Order box delete with ALL of its content either upon dieing or when cancelling the Trade Order ?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797

No. Because it takes more work for the developer to code. Besides some trade orders are costly to fill.  Loosing that would be very annoying.

TimSt said:

No. Because it takes more work for the developer to code. Besides some trade orders are costly to fill.  Loosing that would be very annoying.

It would take "that" much work ?

As in regards to the items' costs, even reselling the items only grants a fraction of their worth... at the very least, it could be offered as an "option" for players to decide on....

Those players who want them destroyed and not have their backpac littered by them could, and those who instead want to keep them would also have the abililty.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You have the option, it is called dropping the stuff on the ground or is that to hard for you to do.
  • how do you die on a trade run in the first place?!
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Yes, it is very annoying, but it's also very rarely happening. Sometimes real life calls in the middle of a trade run and you log in the next day with the trade order having expired. I wish I was more like Bilbo and enjoyed dragging up to 100 junk items from my backpack to the ground. But I'm rather the one who logs off and sorts it a month later or so lol.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    Here is how I avoid this situation - my time being less valuable than developer's development time.
    1. Never take a run if you have reason to think you won't have time to complete it
    2. Watch general chat for others telling what's spawning, encourage that interaction by announcing what spawn you are encountering.
    3. When you know that Krampus spawn is close, travel empty, or only buy items you know are not sold in the destination city. (example my last run when I knew minions were spawning for others I had Vesper to Skara, all items could be bought in Skara except the item '20 amber', so that's all I bought in Vesper.)
    4. Keep your wits about you when fighting the spawn, split them up and joust if you need to, death is occasionally unavoidable from Krampus, but the trade spawn should be survivable with care. 
    Bilbo said:
    You have the option, it is called dropping the stuff on the ground or is that to hard for you to do.
    Sometimes, orders can be 20 x 5 which makes it a 100 items littering the backpack if they are not stackables...

That is, at least to my viewing, quite a lot of having to pick and drop to the ground.

Some items, furthermore, are small, hard to select and, also, not all backpacks are the same, some are more messy then others and sometimes some items "mix up" with the coloring of other items "resident" in that backpack making it harder to pick.

Sure, in the end, everything can be done, my question though is, does it "HAVE TO BE" this way or could it perhaps, instead, be done in a way that was more "player friendly" ?

That is, providing an option to the player to have the Trade Order box be destroyed with all of its content whether upon dieing or when cancelling the Order ?
    how do you die on a trade run in the first place?!
    Need to answer the phone, go to the bathroom, do something else and the inviso times out ?

There can be lots of ways one can die on a Trade Order....

Regardless, the issue is present not only upon dieing, but also upon cancelling an order.

I have found myself, while in the middle of a Trade Order, to get the Krampus spawned message and want to decide to cancel the Order before delivering it.

Being met by a backpack littered by items with sometimes considerable weight and having to spend the time to get rid of them is quite annoying, at least to my viewing.
    Here is how I avoid this situation - my time being less valuable than developer's development time.
    1. Never take a run if you have reason to think you won't have time to complete it
    2. Watch general chat for others telling what's spawning, encourage that interaction by announcing what spawn you are encountering.
    3. When you know that Krampus spawn is close, travel empty, or only buy items you know are not sold in the destination city. (example my last run when I knew minions were spawning for others I had Vesper to Skara, all items could be bought in Skara except the item '20 amber', so that's all I bought in Vesper.)
    4. Keep your wits about you when fighting the spawn, split them up and joust if you need to, death is occasionally unavoidable from Krampus, but the trade spawn should be survivable with care. 
    I guess it depends on what Shard one plays....

As in regards # 1, there is always the inpredictability of life.... I might be on a Trade Order run and the phone rings, physiological necessity call to the restroom, the door bell rings, whatever.... one sets the character on inviso, sure, but if the inviso times out, then it can happen that it gets aggroed and killed.

# 2, I guess it depends on the Shard one plays.... I always tell others in Chat of what spawn I bump into, not so much I see others do the same..... even when questioned in chat, sometimes....

# 3 , on a Low Population Shard is often not possible nor advisable. I have found myself, almost always (and so far I have done some 45+ Krampus....) having to do way beyond the 3 Trade Orders to get a minimum drop. Sometimes, I have had to go well beyond 10 Trade Orders and this, because there were no sufficient players on the Shard doing Trade Orders to spawn Krampus... it also sucks, as I see it, that the "extra" Trade Orders one does (which are a pain and very time consuming), that I know of, do not provide any advantage towards getting a better item drop.

I have received the same lame Title deed when delivering 12 Trade Orders as I got when only delivering 3. I think that the extra effort of doing many many Trade Orders should be met with a higher chance of getting 1 of the lower chances drop items (Whips' Recipes or Krampus Stars ?).

So, travelling empty on some lower population shards might not be an option. As for buying at the destination city, besides the fact that it defies the entire concept of "Trade Order" which is taking something from A to B, it is not unusual that in the destination time some items might not be available and with a character which cannot recall, it becomes a pain.... yes, a secondary character can come to help but still.... all this because coding the box to be destroyed with all of its content would take too much Developers' time ? Seriously ?

# 4, as I mentioned, sometimes real life can call for attention while in the middle of a trade run and, unfortunately, with invisibility being timed out, a character can become vulnerable if one has to answer the phone, open the door, go to the restroom etc. etc.

All things which, at least to my opinion, could be taken care simply by giving to players the ability to select the option to have all of the items inside of a Trade Order box get destroyed along with it.

Now, if that would take "that much" of Developers' time I do not know, but I certainly think it would be helpfull towards many players getting annoyed by having their backpack littered by all of the items formerly contained by the Trade Order box.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    a friend of mine, will purchase the items and put into his beetle (when he knows minions are spawning). When he gets to the destination city, he will put it into his order. so if he dies along the way then it won't be inside his backpack. And when Krampus spawns he stables the pet and gets his fighting pet.

I DON"T want the devs to put an option like that on the containers. And my reasons are because it could cause problems. I have a friend who recently got a trade order and couldn't see her box. I told her to log out and back in to see if it would reappear. It did reappear, as I figured it would. And had a friend who had the same thing happen, but they clicked on the MOT who only had the option to turn in an order. they had lag at the time and kept getting that same option popping up a few times.