KRAMPUS : I am far from being done getting the drops I want from it. How much time we still have ?

That is, for how long will Krampus still be active ?

I still have lots (including whips' Recipes...) that I want to get....

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    Spent too much time complaining about stuff. You have to play UO to get stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    edited January 2020
    Krampus is VERY time consuming....

Particularly on Low Population Shards, it takes forever to spawn Krampus... and to kill it, unless there is enough players online when it spawns....

I can do 1, rarely 2 a day and most of the time I get "duds".... title deeds which is NOT what I want from Krampus... I got several broken watches or gloves or Recipes for Minions' stuff, but what I really am looking for, the Whips Recipes and the Krampus Stars I am having a hard time getting....

I must have done like about 20 to 30 Krampuses so far.... but the stuff I want, I still need to insist....

But the real question is, do I have the time to insist ?

For how long will Krampus still be active ?

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Once trees are gone - Krampus should be gone ie day or two left. Stop typing - start running them trade orders!
    ^^^ yup. It should end with the other holiday stuff.   I was gone for 2 weeks of it.  I got the bladed whip. I'll trade exceptional I make for the other two.

Stars will be on vendors at a fair price soon enough.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    for event like this you have to do it on atl i was doing them on the same shard than you pops and damn i should have went to atl at start popping every 30 minutes the day i did it there
    edited January 2020
    Fortis said:
    for event like this you have to do it on atl i was doing them on the same shard than you pops and damn i should have went to atl at start popping every 30 minutes the day i did it there
    You know, I start thinking, that the content which the Developers release should be "customized" to the Population of the Server in order to make things more balanced across Lower Population Servers and Higher Population Servers....

In the case of Krampus, for example, the less players a Shard might have, the less Trade Orders should be needed to be delivered as well as Krampus should be weaker as compared to a Shard that has more players available online.....

@Kyronix , @Bleak , perhaps you might want to consider this for future content releases ?

To have whatever content be "customized" according to the Population size of that Shard ?

This would also take into account players transferring onto another Shard to enjoy the "easier" content there (because low population Shard...), the server would detect the population increase for that Shard, because of the transfers, and adjust the difficulty of the content accordingly....

In the case of Krampus, for example, if the Server detects, say, only 3 players working on delivering Orders for Krampus, the total amount for Krampus to spawn could be set to, say, 9 or 10.

If, instead, the Server detects some 15 players delivering Trade Orders, the amount needed to spawn Krampus would raise to 50+ .

And before someone jumps saying that then only few people could spawn Krampus but then all others join the fight, the Developers could simply make it harder to get a drop without having delivered the 3 Trade Orders thus "motivating" all players who want to do Krampus content to actually deliver the Trade Orders....

And when Krampus will spawn, the foe will be weaker or stronger depending on the size of the group attacking it. That is, the Boss will "adjust" its strength as it goes, considering the amount of players attacking it.

In such a way, Lower Population Shards would not be disadvantaged with content as compared to higher population Shards....
  • Agreed. Trying to run shrine wars on legends is near impossible 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited January 2020
    "the Developers could simply make it harder to get a drop without having delivered the 3 Trade Orders thus "motivating" all players who want to do Krampus content to actually deliver the Trade Orders...."

Ummm,. Popps, well, nevermind...not gonna waste the energy
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    sliding-scale in coding can bring about unfavorable bugs which is not something we need.... 
    @popps How many whip recipes you have?  Most on LS have all 3.  I just need the Barbed one.

But, I only got 1 star.

I'm ready for this to end!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    4 days, better get going.
    Bilbo said:
    Where did you get this 4 days left info from ?
    popps said:
    Bilbo said:
    Where did you get this 4 days left info from ?
    Ya you better write up a multipage report on why it should last longer instead of doing the content.

It should end 30ish days after it started, like last year.
  • lol
    edited January 2020
    Woot!  I got all 3 Whip recipes and a Red, Blue, and Green Star.  I can stop.  My forearm is starting to hurt from all the running and clicking.

Amazing how you can do the content on a small shard. :)
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    edited January 2020
    Pawain said:
    Woot!  I got all 3 Whip recipes and a Red, Blue, and Green Star.  I can stop.  My forearm is starting to hurt from all the running and clicking.

i prefer doing it on atl since you only have to hit Krampus with 4-5 ebolts to get credit and getting all 3 whip recipes the same night,,, i encourage you to do the same next year and do something more funny with for your forearm :-)    ( was using 2 accounts per krampus...2 easy drop each time ) nothing of this stuff is shardbound so you can xfer it with a friend with shield
    Fortis said:
    Pawain said:

i prefer doing it on atl since you only have to hit Krampus with 4-5 ebolts to get credit and getting all 3 whip recipes the same night,,, i encourage you to do the same next year and do something more funny with for your forearm :-)    ( was using 2 accounts per krampus...2 easy drop each time ) nothing of this stuff is shardbound so you can xfer it with a friend with shield

I prefer the Chat and nice players on LS.  But nothing wrong with making a toon on Atlantic for those who do not have the time to invest.

Also easy to get credit for the Shrine Battles with a non max caster or archer.