Select Nearest Hostile Macro

FenFen Posts: 30
This Classic Client macro does not work properly. When used it supposed to only select HOSTILEs but it is also including summons (such as EVs and RCs) and now it even includes animals (such as cats, dogs goats, LLAMAs etc.) some of which give you (and your party) negative karma. *frowns*

Can we get this fixed please..it is a very helpful macro when it works properly but tends to make the mages very unhappy when you shoot their summons (not to mention the summons themselves)!

Thank You

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,045
    It also will select something that is 8 tiles away instead of one of the things next to you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Works the same way in EC so I suspect it's not a simple fix but yes please fix.

The nasty side of me thinks that if this is new to CC they are making it equivalent to EC just like what they did to us with the delay to equipping.  >:)
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    The targeting of summons has been happening in CC for quite a while.  It only started including the animals recently.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    If you’re red/grey. And a guild member heals you, you and goes grey, they are apparently a hostile too...
    There are many duplicates of this bug report

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

If you heal a player or your own pet that is grey, you go grey. Guild or no.  Grey things are hostile!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    no they're not, not sure how many reds are in your guild. 

If you cast an area spell, or hit area with a weapon, your own grey/red guild members and their pets/summons are not affected by them, this has always been the case. 

They need to use the same rules for this as for "nearest hostile". 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

No reds but by the time the boss comes out, half of us are grey because if you misclick a pet target you turn grey with no warning. Then when you heal a grey person or your pet, you turn grey.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I am affected by this bug today"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,298
    I have been playing now the better part of four years.  This feature has never worked properly when the action heats up.  When it gets busy each press of the macro button sometimes takes takes you one target at a time consecutively though every target in the play area, or maybe even the world you are playing in.  Sometimes it selects pets.  Sometime it will, if you press it enough times, select everything but the boss.  Sometimes it appears not to work at all. Not sure though that it is a fixable bug or that it meets the definition of a bug. 

The problem is that the operating system cannot handle this feature when the action gets heavy.  When I am up against not too large and/or not too aggressive groups, the feature works perfectly.  But, when things heat up, for example at any of the special events involving other players and having the primary objective of killing everything in sight, this feature always fails.  It’s very frustrating to use because sometimes it works and sometimes not.  I use EC and feel it’s the operating system that fails here not the feature itself.  A new feature that the current operating system can handle is what I would recommend.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “Rorschach says CC is not banned, that does not appear to be the case. Most fel guilds have banned it due to this bug. 
    If he know gel guilds that have not banned it, please name them for people who might be interested to join them.
    On one hand he say don’t advertise 3rd party client
    with other hand he closes all bug threads on issues that are exclusive to CC to prevent them being fixed. 
    It’s why he make me use 3rd party client now, I reported bugs for CC and instead of fixing them he blocks reports”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.