Dexer always stopping attacking PvM target. Anyone knows what the issue is and how to fix it ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,936
I have an annoying thing happening to a Dexer.

Skill is Swordsmanship.

I double click the PvM Target and the Dexer starts hitting it with the Weapon.

Then, after a few hits, the character stops hitting it.

I need to again double click the Target in order for the Character to again start hitting it.

It is getting annoying and the fact that I have to keep double clicking with the Mouse button the Target, is wearing out, with no need, my Mouse clicking mechanism.

What is the issue here that stops my character to keep hitting the target until it is dead with me not needing to "again" double click the Target because the character, who knows why, stops hitting it after just a few hits ?

I tried several weapons, but it did not help.

And no, I do NOT get frozen magically so that is not what is causing it.

Is it a BUG ? Or what else ?

I REALLY want to fix this, it is getting on my nerves that I have to repeat over and over the double clicking of the Target in order for the character to keep hitting it.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Need more info.  Are there any other mobs on the screen that may have aggroed your Swordsman.  What type Mobs cause it?  

Will it do it if you are all alone on the Arctic Orge Lord with no other mobs around?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    It happens likewise, whether I am fighting a single Mob or whether there is multiple Mobs nearby... I imagine, therefore, that it does not depend on other Mobs aggroing my character....

It is Rotworms I have been training on to raise the skills, that I noticed causing it.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Happen outside rotworms? Those can flag you out of sight. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited November 2019
    Urge said:
    Popps does not understand the difference between a place with only one mob and a place where other mobs can aggro on you.

I told him to try it on a mob that can be alone and it takes a few hits to kill and see if he keeps the target.

When he said rotworms, I knew what was happening.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

Yup. It's a pain with a pet.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

Yup. It's a pain with a pet.
    The thing is, that I did try it out singleying out 1 Rotworm all alone, no others at a visible distance and, yet, it still happens....

Regardless, though, it is a matter of coding I would imagine.

Since a character is controlled by a player, I do not see "why", if there is more then a Target on the scene, if the player tells the Character to attack A, but then B aggros the character, the character stops fighting A because B is aggroing it....

Would it be so difficult to make it so that B aggroing the Character would have no effect on that Character keeping on hitting A ?

Seriously, besides from being annoying to have to keep clicking on a Target to tell one's own character to keep attacking it, it is a strain on a Mouse's clicking mechanism....

I do not see the point of having a Character stop hitting a Target A when B or C or whatever aggroes that Character....

The player is in control, let then the player decide what Target they want the Character to attack without being interrupted....