Fellowship Coins : can we please get other uses for them other then the Medallion ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,904
edited November 2019 in General Discussions
It would be nice, if players could get to use whatever Fellowship Coins they may have earned, for some other use / Rewards other then the Medallion which only uses 8 of them....

Furthermore, the fact that they do not stack makes the issue even worse,,,, no use for them other then the 8 for the Medallion and no ability to at least stack them...

Use them for Clean Up Points ? Not much different then trashing them, considering that they only are worth 10 Clean Up Points.....

Yet, they cost time and effort to get, I think that they should have more usefull uses as what they have now....

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    popps said:
    It would be nice, if players could get to use whatever Fellowship Coins they may have earned, for some other use / Rewards other then the Medallion which only uses 8 of them....

Furthermore, the fact that they do not stack makes the issue even worse,,,, no use for them other then the 8 for the Medallion and no ability to at least stack them...

Use them for Clean Up Points ? Not much different then trashing them, considering that they only are worth 10 Clean Up Points.....

Yet, they cost time and effort to get, I think that they should have more usefull uses as what they have now....
    So you know for a fact that there is no use for them or the medallion in the coming publish?  Maybe you should actually consider waiting until all the event cycle publishes are rolled out before you start complaining about event items not having enough uses to suit you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Nobody told you to get more than you need.  Kyronix stated they were deco and we would only need a few.

We do not know what is going to happen in Blackthorns yet.  Whatever is there may be valuable.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Merus said:
    popps said:

So you know for a fact that there is no use for them or the medallion in the coming publish?  Maybe you should actually consider waiting until all the event cycle publishes are rolled out before you start complaining about event items not having enough uses to suit you.
    Usually, not always, but quite often, " Datamining " of UO files way before a Publish uncovers possible "upcoming" new stuff.... I have not heard of anything new for Fellowship Coins having been uncovered from Datamining of UO files....

That does not excluse that Fellowship Coins will be made more usefull then to get a medallion with 8 of them, just hints that it might not be "that" much a likely possibility, at least so far....

But the Year Event closure is approaching with the end of the Year nearing so, I guess, either this Publish will make Fellowship Coins be needed for more uses then a Medallion that needs 8 of them, or then they will become yet another item among several in UO sitting there taking space and not having any use..... with the additional downside of not being stackable also....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Pawain said:
    Nobody told you to get more than you need.  Kyronix stated they were deco and we would only need a few.

We do not know what is going to happen in Blackthorns yet.  Whatever is there may be valuable.
    " When " was it stated that Fellowship Coins were merely deco ?

Aside from the fact that I missed that mention and was not aware from it, and I imagine many other players may have not been aware of that either, if such clarification came "after" most players already had worked to gather a good number of them, what good did it do to these players ?

What do players do, usually, during these Events ?

Don't they farm for whatever they think or imagine will be needed to then get Rewards ?

Why would Fellowship Coins be treated anything differently ?

Players, I think, should know right away, before they invest time into something, whether that something will or not be worth their effort.... not find it "afterwards" after they "already" have put their time and effort into gathering a given item only to then find out, too late, that it is a useless deco item that does not even stack....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Kyronix I know we need 8 fellowship coins to be able to get the fellowship medallion (also 8 to get the gargoyle version). but is that all we will need? 

And if so, would you consider adding a donation box at the fellowship for them.
    reward can be the fellowship staff that is on display.