Davies Locker

I have a couple of reward choices to make and I'm thinking about getting Davies Locker. I logged on to Test Center to check it out and I don't get the claim window there. Is there a way to get vet rewards on Test?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    If you have a bunch of maps then it saves space. Therefor worth it  If you just have a chest full it is easier to use a public one.  I'm sure all shards have a public one available.
    I never do a T map without getting the coords from the locker.

If you have EC and or the map program, the Locker tells you the rounded coords like 10N 61W, those methods may help you find the location a better way.

It saves space and gives the rounded coords.

No vet rewards command on TC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    Thanks
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited November 2019
    Vet rewards are a very limited supply thing, so I think people might get upset if they claimed a reward on TC1 and later realized they could not transfer off of TC1 and the shard gets periodically wiped for testing. Vet claiming and the online store is therefor disabled. I think a ''give vet rewards'' command would be grand! Then people who have paid and supported UO can test things out and be sure of what they claim.

@Kyronix ; <3

For now, the only way to get one on TC1 is thru character copy. @Petra_Fyde might be able to wisk one over for you, or know some one who can, if she is not busy.

As for uses, I find the locker very nice. It holds up to 500 t-maps or MiBs/SOS without taking up house storage. I like to let them accumulate until it is near capacity, and then sort them out into bags by location. Then, I can do a bunch all in the same general area very quickly. It is also lovely deco in its own right.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I can do this, and have. Small house constructed at Minoc gate, tram on test. Steward given the copied deed. keyword to retrieve it sent by PM
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Found this on the UO wiki page "Veteran Rewards" (scroll almost all the way to the end)

Will rewards taken on Test Center after the system is activated
    count toward the total number of rewards available?

No. If rewards are chosen on a Test Shard, they will not count toward your final total of rewards chosen.

• Except you can't choose a vet reward on TC.
    I figured it out Petra, thanks much..

I got the deed and tried it out on Test. I must say its rather disappointing that there aren't any filters on sorts available. A very nice piece of furniture tho.

It would be really cool to have a similar item for MiBs
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Dan said:
    I got the deed and tried it out on Test. I must say its rather disappointing that there aren't any filters on sorts available. A very nice piece of furniture tho.

It would be really cool to have a similar item for MiBs
    I believe it holds MIBS.
    You're correct. Thats a nice function.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    when they revamped the Tmaps, I requested header-sort function on the Locker - and justified it. If it ever gets put into effect... that is another story. 

And the locker does give coordinates on the CC as well - not just the EC or "map program"  @Pawain

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited November 2019
    Kirthag said:
    when they revamped the Tmaps, I requested header-sort function on the Locker - and justified it. If it ever gets put into effect... that is another story. 

And the locker does give coordinates on the CC as well - not just the EC or "map program"  @ Pawain

My guess is he was referring to needing a map program for CC since the map in CC does not reflect your coordinates.  “Need” might be a little much if you’re  really anal and love carrying around a sextant to double click every few seconds... but for quality of life you need a map program in CC for the coordinates to do you much good.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kirthag said:

And the locker does give coordinates on the CC as well - not just the EC or "map program"  @ Pawain

I only use CC.  I have heard about map programs and EC being good enough that you dont need Coords.

I was telling him what we get in the CC. I dont know what other clients and mods offer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    ZekeTerra said:
    Except you can't choose a vet reward on TC.
    since when?
    did they fix that?

l know that you can choose rewards there.
    I did that last year and it counted as a pick.
    (I always do the char copy to TC, maybe that's why it was available then?)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2019
    Pawain said:
    Kirthag said:

I only use CC.  I have heard about map programs and EC being good enough that you dont need Coords.

I was telling him what we get in the CC. I dont know what other clients and mods offer.
    The EC has a map and everybody doing more than 5 t-maps usually could tell on first sight where the place was. I did hundreds of maps before they got ruined, not once looked at some coordinates. Always hits me like a rock when I realize CC does not even have a map.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • I honestly don't understand the issue.
    Everyone has, or should have, a last object macro.
    I just recall to the area, use the sextant, and take off running in the right direction, hiting the last object macro every few secs to adjust course and let me know when I'm there.

Only way it can get any easier is if they just let ya recall there off the map like they do vendor search maps lol
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    thought discussion was about the locker itself... 

i use a sextant - always have, always will. Adds a bit more depth to the immersion of the game imo
  • the locker is definetly a good investment unless your saving up for shard shields, otherwise I would always recommend save your vet picks for shard shields and just buy the other vet rewards, as far as being worth it the locker is amazing
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just save your picks for shard shields and buy a Davies Locker