So Is EJ A Good Idea?

2»

Comments

• SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited March 2018
    Yes that's one of them. Another token gives you a shield. It seems a little over the top for me. That token I'd think really deflated the sails of a lot of crafters and crafting has been dead for awhile. Crafting almost completely relies on a pyramid scheme of new players. Or the rich and lazy that don't like spending hours making gate scrolls kinda thing. But the store went from selling items that were really deco/status for the most part to selling things that directly effect game play. It's kinda subtle but it's going there. I see it as the shape of things to come.

No one likes skill gain.  its the one thing people afk script that most people dont argue too much against, that even mesanna herself has said she has macroed.  Yes, battling an earth elemental for 5 mins was fun in 97, but its not now.  I think the skill boost is great, and long overdue.

The other stuff, it bascially also just saves time.  The spellbooks are basic slayers, the suit isnt close to full stats.  Theres plenty of room left for crafters.  Same with crafting, in 2018 gone are the days of a many people wanting a basic 100 lrc suit.  Crafters need to adapt.  mid-grade suits (that are still very cheap to make) sell very well.  Think 1 low-cost legendary, with some imbued jewels, and a reforged piece or 2 stats like HCI or DCI. 

I know from personal experience crafting is by no means dead, the market is huge for this types of suits.  ive sold many max stat suits in 50m to 150m range, easy to make with pretty low investment.  Just dont have the time or committment anymore to keep doing it.  But dont understand why people say crafting is dead.  Yes, its a mix of reforged / legenday / imbued now, and more complex, but still very high demand.  If you want a maxed out 3bil pvp suit, yeah its going to be loot.  but most people dont want that and you can play all the pvm content in the game with crafted weapons / armor.  Not to mention the new deco rewards, which have proven compete in price / demand with the higher end runics (which are actually harder to get)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I personally just wonder why they did not call it Free-To-Play. It would be free advertising. But hey, let's name it something nobody ever will recognize as FTP  :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    That sorcerer's suit is weak sauce compared to the token one

But so many vets use it. Odd.  A Int/mana suit with LRC and LMC is easiest to loot or buy.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Pawain said:

But so many vets use it. Odd.  A Int/mana suit with LRC and LMC is easiest to loot or buy.
    I use them on all my crafters/BOD collectors.  They were cheap and easy to get, I threw away a castle full of junk and still have a ton of points left over.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:

I use them on all my crafters/BOD collectors.  They were cheap and easy to get, I threw away a castle full of junk and still have a ton of points left over.
    I mean Vet PvM players.  I think they just like the wizard hat.  Cause the stats are not great.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:

I'm not saying they're a bad suit, but now you could buy better with real cash. It might be aimed at a certain type of toon also. But that token suit is a pretty sweet well rounded suit. I don't use one cause I don't like being called Gandalf ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Pawain said:

I'm not saying they're a bad suit, but now you could buy better with real cash. It might be aimed at a certain type of toon also. But that token suit is a pretty sweet well rounded suit. I don't use one cause I don't like being called Gandalf ;)
    hooded umbra robes work well with these.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

Ah now your seeing the delema....

EJ will bring in old returning players this I can see, but I do also see many who have shut down their accounts waiting out the EJ rollout to play free... That's a lot more players then many think are waiting on it.   I am sitting on the fence about EJ.  On the one hand EJ has the potential to let those with less time to play have a longer time to decide to join us. This will even help old vets to get back in the swing.. I also see the in game store with that sweet deal on starter pack will be a big pull.   Now on the other side of the brick wall I see the down side.. As said before many have closed down in hopes of a free game that they can live with. 

Mean as I might sound the loss of a bank box might be the first key to the subscriptions later in the trial of EJ.  Oh and quite a few F2Ps went under.  The restrictions were too much and with the population dying they made the wrong choices..  This is my fear with UO.  Give too much the game looses enough $$ and EA has a perfect reason to cut us off. 

We all forget EA owns the game and controls the shots to a set degree.. I have seen some advertising and mentions of UO.. but not to the degree we need.  Now I cant blame Mesanna or Ea for it as many mags and sites do have the right to not run or limit the exposure on their pages. Lets face it we are very very old news.

As a side note 

A friend I will not name has been from shortly after the 20th anniversary party came back and has worked out how to play as he always has and still have the game free.  He is a bright person. I have little doubt in his methods.  All quite legal.  2 to 4 EJ accounts and one can play and not give a penny to EA as we do now.    No I will not tell you his method...  

Ah now your seeing the delema....

EJ will bring in old returning players this I can see, but I do also see many who have shut down their accounts waiting out the EJ rollout to play free... That's a lot more players then many think are waiting on it.   I am sitting on the fence about EJ.  On the one hand EJ has the potential to let those with less time to play have a longer time to decide to join us. This will even help old vets to get back in the swing.. I also see the in game store with that sweet deal on starter pack will be a big pull.   Now on the other side of the brick wall I see the down side.. As said before many have closed down in hopes of a free game that they can live with. 

Mean as I might sound the loss of a bank box might be the first key to the subscriptions later in the trial of EJ.  Oh and quite a few F2Ps went under.  The restrictions were too much and with the population dying they made the wrong choices..  This is my fear with UO.  Give too much the game looses enough $$ and EA has a perfect reason to cut us off. 

We all forget EA owns the game and controls the shots to a set degree.. I have seen some advertising and mentions of UO.. but not to the degree we need.  Now I cant blame Mesanna or Ea for it as many mags and sites do have the right to not run or limit the exposure on their pages. Lets face it we are very very old news.

As a side note 

A friend I will not name has been from shortly after the 20th anniversary party came back and has worked out how to play as he always has and still have the game free.  He is a bright person. I have little doubt in his methods.  All quite legal.  2 to 4 EJ accounts and one can play and not give a penny to EA as we do now.    No I will not tell you his method...  

:)  <3