Anyone else not getting others in Group fill up their Soulbinders ?

After quite some time that we went hunting for Dread Pirates, in a group of 4 we went again for the Hunt.

All 4 hit the Dread Pirate but in the end only 1 got the Soulbinder filled up....

The other 3 remained empty handed....

What gives ?

I remember there was a bug that prevented people in a Group to equally fill up their Soulbinders, maybe it made a come back with the latest Patch ?

How can all characters in a Hunting Group get their rightfull filling up of their Soulbinders ?

And yes, ALL characters' Soulbinders were in the main backpack....

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited November 2019
    I have been having issues as well.  I've done many Scalis hunts..killing him over and over again with my guild for an hour.  My soulbinders might fill once but usually they never do.  Last time I talked about it with my guild someone mentioned walking a screen away and coming back for the next kill.  I haven't tested it yet but maybe that works.  If anyone else knows how to get this working, I'd love to know.  I've wasted so much time trying to get them to fill and its disappointing.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    You killed one Dread Pirate and expect to have 4 filled Soulbinders?  

Dvvid
    When you do Scalis or Corgul you have a chance to fill 1 to 4 Soulbinders per player. 1 is most common.  Sometimes you get lucky and can fill up to 10 on one. It averages out pretty well because you can get multiple kills and just fill one.

We did 5 Corguls yesterday.  Players filled their Soulbinders.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Not 4 filled Soulbinders per players, but only 1 per player, 4 in total for the 4 players....

We did some more, and it looks like that the multi-players filling of Soulbinders is not consistent...

As I said, we got one kill which only filled 1 Soulbinder out ot 4 players then another kill which filled 2 out of 4 players and other kills which varied.... usually they were 1 or 2 filled.

Only in 1 case all 4 players' Soulbinders were filled.

We also noticed, as compared to about a month ago when we last hunted dread Pirates, that we saw over various Pirates Hunts ZERO Plunder Beacons.... none.... not even one.

This was in Tokuno, by the way.

Also, Pirate Ships are way less common as they used to be a month ago, and also the loot on the killed Dread Pirate corpse is way scarcer.... way many less items that there used to be....

Also the Crates on the Ship are quite languishing.... if it was not for the Soulbinders needing to get filled, I'd say that, as it is now, hunting NPC Dread Pirates is not worth the hassle it takes....

One month ago, moreless, it was much better..... way more PIrate Ships in the sea, better loot on the Ship, and more loot on the Dread Pirate corpse also....

When was it nerfed and why so badly ?
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    It's not nerfed.  The more people you have fighting, the better the chance of multiple fills.  It is NOT picking on you Popps, it's just random, damage done seems to have NO difference.  And it's NOT broke.   Fight dozens of them and you'll see the pattern - there is none.

edited November 2019
    Parnoc said:
    It's not nerfed.  The more people you have fighting, the better the chance of multiple fills.  It is NOT picking on you Popps, it's just random, damage done seems to have NO difference.  And it's NOT broke.   Fight dozens of them and you'll see the pattern - there is none.

@Parnoc

We have been hunting several NPCs Dread Pirates now since yesterday and the filling of Soulbinders seems to follow no pattern....

One hunt, only 1 out of 4 gets filled, some other hunt, 2 out of 4 Soulbinders get filled (that is, for 2 characters, 1 Soulbinder for each of the character, not 2 Soulbinders on 1 character...), and these 2 scenarios are the most common that occurred to our experience, only once, we got either 3 or all 4 Soulbinders filled up.

And this is, from the same Dread Pirates....

Unless NPCs Dread Pirates are generated with differences from one another which then may lead to Soulbinders being filled differently in a Group of several players, then I do not know what could cause this Randomness other then the RNG....

Also, what gives with the Loot in the NPC Dread Pirate being much, but much less numerous as about a month ago ?

Now there is only a handfull of items compared to quite a good number of items that there used to be about a month ago. Same with the loot on the Ship, it is much poorer now as compared to a month ago....

We also noticed one thing, and that was particularly evident the one hunt where all 4 characters got their Soulbinders filled up.... since all 4 got filled up, we were quite certain that all 4 players got "looting rights" on the NPC Dread Pirate corpse.... well, oddily enough, ONLY the Top Attacker was able to find items in the NPC Dread Pirate corpse.... the other 3 players could open up the corpse but no items where in it, totally empty.... yet, inside the corpse, the word "corpse" showed up..... but no items....

Is it a bug or what ?
    I've killed Scalis with my guild probably about 30+ times in the last few weeks.  There are MANY of us present (~20)  Maybe more.  I'll have like 5 soulbinders in the top level of my bag.  There is no change to the soulbinders about 98% of the time.  There was one night where the first kill got me like 2.5 souldbinders full.  Every other kill, nothing.  Previous nights killing Scalis for an hour over and over again, nothing fills in the souldbinders.

I was told walking away 1 screen and coming back can "reset" it so the next kill will fill the soulbinders.  I haven't been able to test it but if thats the case, its a bug.  Its frustrating to spend so much time killing this dude over and over again and nothing happening.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797

Randomness.  Some times killing a dread pirate will give the two of us a mythical and an exhalted each. Other times each of us will only get a legendary.

TimSt said:

Randomness.  Some times killing a dread pirate will give the two of us a mythical and an exhalted each. Other times each of us will only get a legendary.

But is this randomness due to a BUG ? Are players doing something wrong not to have evenly spread out filled Soulbinders ?

Are not all Dread Pirates spawned equal and, therefore, some NPCs Dread Pirates have, so to speak, "less Soul" to fill up more Soulbinders ?

Or is it pure RNG at play, here ??
    edited November 2019
    What about getting nothing filled after 30 Scalis kills? I just don’t get it oh well. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Are the soulbinders in your main backpack? 
    We did a Scalis last night. I got 1 on 1 toon 8 on the other. Did a Corgul got 3 on 1 toon, 6 on the other.
    If you get loot rights you should be filling them. I would have thought something was wrong after 3...

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    We did a Scalis last night. I got 1 on 1 toon 8 on the other. Did a Corgul got 3 on 1 toon, 6 on the other.
    If you get loot rights you should be filling them. I would have thought something was wrong after 3...

Yes, the Soulbinders are in the main backpacks of the 4 characters....

They all do damage (and are only 4, by the way...), yet the Soulbinders fill up making no sense, at least to us.....

Most of the time it is only 1 or at most 2 characters finding their Soulbinder filled up out of 4 characters in the Group, very rarely, 3 or 4 characters get their Soulbinder filled up.

Yet, they re only 4 characters and all do damage.
    Pawain said:

Yes.....all soulbinders in main pack.  I get looting rights each time.  :/
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There is nothing wrong with the distribution of souls when killing Dread Pirates. The problem is in your crew size and damage output. You can't just "hit the dread with each person and get your binder filled. Get a bigger crew, put plenty of empties in your main pack and deliver as much damage with each member. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.