Question about Gargoyle Queen Loyalty ......

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited October 2019 in General Discussions
At the UO Wiki page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/gargoyle-queen-loyalty/ it is mentioned :

2000 Points
Make a new gargoyle character.
Now, it does say "new" Gargolyle character but I was wondering whether, applying a Race Change Token, would get the same effect.....

Since the purchase of the Token has a cost, I'd like to know "before" making the purchase....

Does anyone know ? @Mariah ?

Also, if I delete an existing character on the account and create a new Gargoyle character rather then purchasing a Race Change Token, does the newly created Gargoyle character, upon deleting an existing other Race character to make room for it, "automatically" comes with the 2,000 Loyalty points to the Gargoyles Queen ?

Thanks !!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    No, you do not get 2000 free loyalty points on a new character. You can use the tokens to change to a gargoyle with 0 loyalty. They gave us free ones since there is no quest.
    You can try most of your questions on test center.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    No, you do not get 2000 free loyalty points on a new character. You can use the tokens to change to a gargoyle with 0 loyalty. They gave us free ones since there is no quest.
    Not sure I understand what you are saying....

If one does NOT get the 2,000 Loyalty points for Gargoyles on a new character, then, why the UO Wiki page says 

2000 PointsMake a new gargoyle character.

??

In what cases then the 2,000 points for a Gargoyle are made available ?

As in regards to testing it out on Test server, are Race change Tokens made available on the Test Server ? How ? Is there s "cllcky" or some special command to get Tokens on Test Server for free for testing purposes ?

Because, if I purchase one with Sovereigns and then use it, it would be gone for good....

If it does not work, then I wasted my money all for nothing....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    if you create a new gargoyle character, it automatically gets 2000 loyalty points.
    if you change a char to gargoyle with a race change token, they do not
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited October 2019
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Not sure I understand what you are saying....

If one does NOT get the 2,000 Loyalty points for Gargoyles on a new character, then, why the UO Wiki page says 

2000 PointsMake a new gargoyle character.

??

In what cases then the 2,000 points for a Gargoyle are made available ?

As in regards to testing it out on Test server, are Race change Tokens made available on the Test Server ? How ? Is there s "cllcky" or some special command to get Tokens on Test Server for free for testing purposes ?

Because, if I purchase one with Sovereigns and then use it, it would be gone for good....

If it does not work, then I wasted my money all for nothing....

If 2000 loyalty points is the “make or break” on a race change token you seriously need to give up UO and find a game you enjoy playing.  2000 loyalty points is pretty easy to get on a character.  To act like a race change token is worthless without the 2000 points is ridiculous.
    The gargoyle I made when S.A. came out did not get 2000 points.  I had to kill stuff and do quests before I could use the queens soulforge.

You can ask someone to let you hold a token or other item while you copy there.

There are many quests there that give points. I would hope that a new toon does not start with points 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I read about the points issue (a couple weeks ago)
    so I logged in on my gargoyle char and she has 2000 points.
    I created her about 4 years ago for fishing.
    She only kills sea serpents.

@popps ; I apologize, you do get 2000 points upon creation.  

That also makes me switch to your side.  The token created Gargoyles should also get 2000 points.

There should also be a Give tokens, Give gold, and Give UO store items on TC to make things easier to explore and test.