Ship Permissions

CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
edited October 2019 in General Discussions
Can you please add Alliance to ships list?

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    I wish individual permissions were available.  Like adding a Co-Owner without having to guild someone to make them a officer. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    You can add individuals to the access list. See here:

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
    Tyrath said:
    I wish individual permissions were available.  Like adding a Co-Owner without having to guild someone to make them a officer. 
    you can make someone a Captain, that gives them basically the same thing, but you have to know, they can dry dock your ship...

what I was asking for is... for alliance members to be able to recall to my ship, without having to add each and everyone of them. And that way I didn't have to leave it open to the public.
     I know what you were asking for, I just added what I would like to see :)

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    What's wrong with making the ship public as a passenger? 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    They need to be able to shoot the cannons.  Not a just fishing boat.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Parnoc said:
    What's wrong with making the ship public as a passenger? 

I had my ship set to public and I recalled in one day & someone was on my ship. They can't move my ship but they were shooting at orcs on a beacon nearby and if I hadn't moved it, it would have ended up being scuttled. After that I changed settings.

And I have my ship settings for guild for as crew, so they can use the cannons. But it would be nice if you can have settings for alliance too. 

I had my ship on TC set to public for crew (for testing purposes) and someone stole all my ammo. And after that, I had the same thing happen on Sonoma. I forgot to change the settings back after an event.
    Pawain said:
    They need to be able to shoot the cannons.  Not a just fishing boat.
      Pretty much sums it up.   
    Setting a ship to Passenger for Public does NOT leave the the ship open to anything except boarding.  There is no hold access, no ability to move ship, no dry docking, nothing except just what it says ---- Public Access. 
    If you leave your ship in the middle of the ocean, it is in harms way, put it in a much safer place, near land.

I think you are misunderstanding my point.
    I had my ship set so anyone can board.
    then when everyone would board, I would add them to the security list of my ship.

I had to change my settings because I could not add any more to my ship.
    My access list was too long.

So I set it for Guild to be crew.
    I still have to add each and every Alliance member to the security.

All I was asking is, if they would add the option to have Alliance on the list too
    so I wouldn't have to add every Alliance member to my security list
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    IMO every security setting that has an option for guild should also have one for alliance.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    Is there a security permission that lets the public basically just renew the ship?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Unfortunately the ship will refresh just by anyone trying to board it. A lazy way to code it and a free pass to those that like to leave their ships out on the water blocking everyones path.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Unfortunately the ship will refresh just by anyone trying to board it. A lazy way to code it and a free pass to those that like to leave their ships out on the water blocking everyones path.
    the security for public, has to be set to passenger
    if its no access, it wont refresh
    TimSt said:
    Is there a security permission that lets the public basically just renew the ship?
    set public to passenger

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pretty sure that's not true, I've unfortunately refreshed plenty of ships that never actually let me board them.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Pretty sure that's not true, I've unfortunately refreshed plenty of ships that never actually let me board them.
    come to Sonoma & I can gate you to a ship at the floating emporium.
    I can go all the way west across the ships, until the last one.
    it says "You do not have permission to board this ship" when I click on the mooring line.
    And it remains slightly worn.
    It is an Orc Ship

If this is not intended, then its a bug.

come to Sonoma & I can gate you to a ship at the floating emporium.
    I can go all the way west across the ships, until the last one.
    it says "You do not have permission to board this ship" when I click on the mooring line.
    And it remains slightly worn.
    It is an Orc Ship

If this is not intended, then its a bug.
    That orc ship belongs to a guildmate and I refresh it twice a week as I do all our guild ships in the water.  That's why it's almost always "slightly worn" or "like new"  I have permission to board it, no one else does except the chosen few on it's permission list.