Dried Herbs,,,,, where to find them ?

They are supposed to be stealables, as I understand it, from the metal boxes in Mages and Alchemists shops....

Well, aside from the fact that only a few Mages and Alchemists shops have a metal box to steal from, and even then, just one box, I only find spell scrolls in them, nothing else....

What gives then ?

Where can this particular item be found then, if not at Mages and Alchemists shops ?

Thanks !

Comments

• FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    CHeck the wooden crates in the alchemist shop in Moonglow. I've found tons in there
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    And the crates in the herb shop in Moonglow
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Is Moonglow the only Town where wooden crates spawn in Mage and Herb Shops ?
    @Freelsy , @TimSt ;

I went around Moonglow and checked all Mage and Alchemists and Herbal Shops, also those out of town like Encyclopedia Magicka and the Masters of Illusion but could find no wooden crated in them.... most do not even have a metal golden box in them.....

Where are these crates that you mention from which to steal the dried herbs located at ?

Thanks !
    edited October 2019
    These crates in the "Herbal Splendor" shop in Moonglow.

The herbs are a rarity so you may need to wait a respawn or two before they show up in the crates.  You will need a thief with lock pick, remove trap, and stealing skills. 

@TimSt

Thanks !

Don't know how I missed that Shop......

Besides that one particular Shop, are there any other Shops where dried herbs can be found ?

Also, is there a way to activate NPCs to move away from the Crates so as to avoid getting Guards whacked when trying to steal from the crates ?

Thanks for the help !
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    That shop is the only one I steal them from.
    I do both tram and fel side.
    The only time I ever got guard wacked was when a dog came into the building.
    The second the dog saw me, BAMM!!!

I've been guard wacked because of that dang dog as well.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    you can stand next to an NPC and say, "[name] please move" - they will respond with "excuuse me" and take a step or two away. 

of course, if your karma is low, they will ignore you. they may even call the guards... this is one of those karma/reputation things in the game.
  • TimSt said:
    These crates in the "Herbal Splendor" shop in Moonglow.

The herbs are a rarity so you may need to wait a respawn or two before they show up in the crates.  You will need a thief with lock pick, remove trap, and stealing skills. 

I have GM Lockpicking and Remove Trap on my T-hunter.  Should I move Stealing to my T-hunter, or move Lockpicking and RT to my GM Stealth/Hide/Stealing char? 

I guess what I'm asking is whether there's a benefit to attempt opening those creates whilst stealthing/hiding...of if my T-hunter could try his hand, assuming that dog doesn't come through the door like he did for others <span>:smiley:</span>
    apogipinoy yes you will need the stealing skill. There is no benefit for using hiding. You automatically reveal when you try to steal.