Is there a way to rearrange Runes in Atlas and Rune Books without taking them all out ?

There are times, that I want to rearrange the order of my runes from 1st to last whether in a Rune or Atlas Book.

Is there a way, for example, to eject the 2nd slot rune and leave the slot as empty for another Rune to take it WITHOUT all of the Runes in the Book to slide upwards ?

So far, I have always had to empty the book of all runes to rearrange their order which, especially with the Atlas Books, it can become annoying with the many Runes it holds, especially since the book always closes after each Rune is ejected out so that I am forced to open it again for each and every Rune that I need to eject....

Thanks.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    Wow. So today you went to a rune library and rearranged your rune book.

No you can't put a rune in a specific spot without removing the one in that spot.

No tell how that makes you feel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Pawain said:

No you can't put a rune in a specific spot without removing the one in that spot.

I may have explained myself poorly, sorry.

I understand that, before a "new" Rune can be put into a full Rune or Atlas Book, one needs to be taken out to make room for the new Rune....

The issue that I have, is that if, for example I remove the very 1st Rune in that Rune or Atlas book, all of the others "move up" in that book and, rather then having the 1st slot empty on which to put the new Rune, I get the very last slot....

So, I need to empty out the entire book so as to give to the runes the order I want.

And this, for Atlas books which have can hold a good number of runes, can be quite time consuming....

Especially, since one cannot eject all runes fastly, but needs to eject them one at a time and the book closes each time....

Doing it for all of the runes in an Atlas book becomes quite time consuming this way....
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I may have explained myself poorly, sorry.

I understand that, before a "new" Rune can be put into a full Rune or Atlas Book, one needs to be taken out to make room for the new Rune....

The issue that I have, is that if, for example I remove the very 1st Rune in that Rune or Atlas book, all of the others "move up" in that book and, rather then having the 1st slot empty on which to put the new Rune, I get the very last slot....

So, I need to empty out the entire book so as to give to the runes the order I want.

And this, for Atlas books which have can hold a good number of runes, can be quite time consuming....

Especially, since one cannot eject all runes fastly, but needs to eject them one at a time and the book closes each time....

Doing it for all of the runes in an Atlas book becomes quite time consuming this way....
    There is a very easy solution.

If you will just reorder the way you think the order should be to match the order of the current runebook or atlas you will find that magically the runebook or atlas order will be in the correct order.
    edited September 2019
    popps
    I think this answer is clear:

Do you not see the words specific spot?   Since you specified second slot.  The slot # dont matter unless its the last spot that you want the new rune in.  So I answered for ALL the other spots also.

Just make a new runebook in the order you want.  LOG IN and PLAY!
    edited September 2019
    Pawain said:
    popps
    I think this answer is clear:

Do you not see the words specific spot?   Since you specified second slot.  The slot # dont matter unless its the last spot that you want the new rune in.  So I answered for ALL the other spots also.

Just make a new runebook in the order you want.  LOG IN and PLAY!
    Well, even if I remove the rune that is in a specific spot, THAT specific spot does not remain empty after the removal of the rune because the following runes "move up" and cover that specific spot thus not making it possible to put in THAT specific spot another rune of choice.

As an example, if I remove the very 1st rune of a rune book that is filled up with all 16 runes, the spot which then becomes as empty is not the 1st spot where the 1st rune was, but the 16th.... the very last one.

This, because all of the runes from the 2nd to the 16th "shift upwards" of one place thus leaving as empty the 16th and last spot....

This mechanics, makes it impossible to easily rearrange the order of the runes in the same one Rune or Atlas book UNLESS one totally empties it out....

Which it can be very time consuming, unfortunately.....

We all know the runes move up. Hopefully they will not waste resources on this.

What are going to do tomorrow.  Grow a resource producing plant and ask why you cant get all the resources when the plant is 8 days old?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Very time consuming?

I can rearrange most of my atlases in maybe 5-10 minutes. It's not going to kill you to take a few minutes if you need to have the runes in a certain order. Honestly, you could do it in probably less time than you spend complaining about it.
    But but the runes get lost in my backpack when I take them out.
    Faeryl said:
    Very time consuming?

I can rearrange most of my atlases in maybe 5-10 minutes. It's not going to kill you to take a few minutes if you need to have the runes in a certain order. Honestly, you could do it in probably less time than you spend complaining about it.
    I was simply asking if a way was known to rearrange the order of the Runes in an Atlas book without having to empty it all out which it seems to me quite a waste of time....

Apparently, there is none and the books need to be empties out and filled back again....

If only, at that point, there was a button "Eject all Runes" rather then having to do it one at a time, or, at the very least, NOT have the book self close after ejecting each and every Rune so that one could be able to take out all of the runes in a rapid succession, it would help a little....

Oh well....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    Step one take out the rune you want to be first in the book, drop it back onto the closed book where it will be at the end, or put it into an empty new book.
    Step two take out the rune you want to be second in the book, drop it back onto the closed book where it will be at the end, or put it into the new book you just started.
    Step three - you getting the picture yet? There is absolutely no need to take out all the runes and have them littering your bag before you put them back in. I have always only taken out one at a time.
    That is how I ended up doing....

With 2 books 1 to rearrange and the other empty to end up with the wanted runes order....

Still, I do not understand why the origin book has to close down after each rune gets ejected... if it stayed open, at least one could eject in rapid succession the runes in the wanted order to end up into the other empty book without having to reopen the origin book each and every time for every single rune that needs to be ejected out of it.....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It's tied to the code that also prevents you from moving a rune book in your main pack when it's sitting open. There's a reason the Devs coded it that way, an unexplained reason. Try it. You can open a small container in your pack, and then when you move the container it closes, runebook won't let you do that, for some unknown "someone must have exploited it" reason.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    It's tied to the code that also prevents you from moving a rune book in your main pack when it's sitting open. There's a reason the Devs coded it that way, an unexplained reason. Try it. You can open a small container in your pack, and then when you move the container it closes, runebook won't let you do that, for some unknown "someone must have exploited it" reason.
    Ah, thanks for the explaination which makes sense..... although, at that point, a button to "eject all" runes and then the book closes perhaps could have been a handy feature.....