Crab and Fortune Potion r nice, but I would happlier spend money on More Storage Space + 8th charact

The new purchaseable Crab and Fortune Potion (a come back from last Year, I understand) are nice to spend money on yet, I would be happier if I could spend my money on More Storage Space (we have been "stuck" at the current space Increase of +40% for Banks and +60% for Houses, since the High Seas Expansion which dates 2010.... almost 10 Years ago now....) while the 7th Character slot addition dates back from, if I remember correctly, 2004 with Ultima Online : 7th Anniversary....

Perhaps it is time that UO players, if they wish so, get the ability to spend their money on additional Bank and House Increased Storage space and an 8th Character slot ?

I mean, it is a Win-Win thing, UO gets more resources and those players who want to spend their money on these things are happier too....

So, @Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , why not do it ?

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     If I remember correctly, when they gave the 7th character option........ they also gave a explanation of why there would never be a 8th character option.  Basically if you want a 8th character open another acct :)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,949
    Tyrath said:
     If I remember correctly, when they gave the 7th character option........ they also gave a explanation of why there would never be a 8th character option.  Basically if you want a 8th character open another acct :)
    But how many players decide to go "that far" to open another account in order to have an 8th character slot or more storage ?

And, instead, how many players would actually spend their money on an 8th character slot and another Bank and House storage increase ?

My take is, that the sale of an 8th character slot and an additional Bank and House storage increase would in the end convince MORE players as compared to those who would open an additional account thus, in the end, generating more revenues for Ultima Online, ultimately.....

Ultima Online, while still going, is still a 22 Year old game and, if players wanted to commit another monthly subscription, they would perhaps look at doing it for some other game out there, more modern, rather then subscribing to an additional account on top of the one for which they already pay for every month....

Instead, is my guess, I would imagine that quite a good number of players might be interested in a one time purchase for an 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage increase....

What is better, at least "some" extra revenues for Ultima Online from a one time sale of an 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage increase or the "hope" that players where to get an additional account which may not happen or, at least, not in numbers sufficient to raise the same Revenues which an 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage increase sale could raise ?

Personally, I am of the opinion, all things considered, that the sale of an 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage increase would generate better Revenues for Ultima Online as compared to the hope that players where to pay for an additional account of top of the one for which they already are paying....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,100
    @popps they would make even more money if you buy a vault or two and pay for the extra space monthly.

That would help them a lot more than a one time income.  Since you concerned about EA s coffers.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    popps said:
    But how many players decide to go "that far" to open another account in order to have an 8th character slot or more storage ?

I'm going to say.... A LOT of people.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Yep a whole LOT of people.  I can count the number of people I know that only have 1 acct on less than one hands worth of fingers. 
  • Buy the second acct. Its less then a buck a day for the game you love. And, you can get another house as well! Problem solved!
    Pawain said:
    @ popps they would make even more money if you buy a vault or two and pay for the extra space monthly.

That would help them a lot more than a one time income.  Since you concerned about EA s coffers.
    A lot of players, to my understanding, are much worried of monthly rental Vaults because if one forgets to pay the monthly fee or there is issues with the credit card or the like, all items in the Vault are gone quite quickly as opposed to a House which stays up for 3 months unpaid, I believe....
    Violet said:
    popps said:

I am reading on UO Forums across the internet, of players having multiple accounts actually discussing "closing" extra accounts.... not talking about opening up some more so, I remain quite sceptical about the "hypothesis" of the opening of extra accounts as being a bigger revenue source for Ultima Online as compared to instead enabling the one time purchase of an additional 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage....
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "the one time purchase of an additional 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage...."

I hope you had that phrase on copy and paste - if not you must now have severe arthritis.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    popps said:
    Violet said:
    popps said:

I am reading on UO Forums across the internet, of players having multiple accounts actually discussing "closing" extra accounts.... not talking about opening up some more so, I remain quite sceptical about the "hypothesis" of the opening of extra accounts as being a bigger revenue source for Ultima Online as compared to instead enabling the one time purchase of an additional 8th character slot and additional Bank and House storage....
    You mean there are more than 2 active UO Forums and please just because ONE UO player says this doesn't mean anything or are you under the misunderstanding that you think the majority of UO players use these forums.