Spam healing by orcs

Since the publish went world wide the orcs on beacons have started to spam heal. It took me several minutes casting chain lightning trying to kill one orc that was spam healing itself after it got to 4%. Getting it down to 4% was quick.  But then the spam healing started and it took several minutes to finish it off.

I can live with my chain lightning damage getting reduced from 300 points to 90 points.  But the spam healing is over the top.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    Thanks to the magic nerf and the spam healing it now takes me 25+ minutes to solo a beacon instead of less than 5 minutes I was doing.  I'll be avoiding the beacons. 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Did beacons the entire time it was on Origin and did a few today after WW release, not seeing any difference in their healing and cross healing than before.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited September 2019
    They have more HP than the plain ones. But they die just fine.  The tincture is a slayer for them.

They do take longer, I only get to grab arrows off 6 of the dead crew instead of all 8.  Ill try the Tincture tomorrow, I dont know if it has a timer.

Update the slayer tincture only lasts an hour....
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I am on Pacific.  Normally they cast heal then have a significant delay before the next cast. But after the publish they are constantly casting heal on themselves with no interruptions after they get down to 4% then when they get up to around 24% they stop.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Pawain said:
    They have more HP than the plain ones. But they die just fine.  The tincture is a slayer for them.

They do take longer, I only get to grab arrows off 6 of the dead crew instead of all 8.  Ill try the Tincture tomorrow, I dont know if it has a timer.

Update the slayer tincture only lasts an hour....
    does the timer start the moment you pick it?
    cause I'd like to have one for deco, if it doesn't

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    The timer starts when you apply it onto spellbook, weapon or instrument
  • The Orcs are no longer vulnerable to Orc/Repond Slayer, because their graphic changed. They're only vulnerable to the "Silvered" effect given by Silver Tincture for 1 hour.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    The 1 hour Timer for the Silver Tincture is WAAAAY too short a time, to my opinion......

Especially, when it comes to hunting down Plunder Beacons....

In between the time to search for a Beacon and the time to take it down, in 1 hour most players can only average about 3 Beacons....

Considering how a Silver Tincture needs a filled up Mythical Soulbinder to be obtained, and that a Plunder Beacon only partially fills up a Soulbinder, basically in 1 hour there is only as much "Slayer juice" to earn the 10,000 points to get another Silver Tincture through Plunderbeacons... but no points or very little remain for other Rewards....

So, basically, with only 1 hour as a timer for Silver Tincture to add a Slayer, players are practically unable to earn any points towards Rewards other then the Silver Tincture....

The timer should be, to my opinion, considerably higher.
    I can live with the regular orc slayer nerf.  It slows me down a little.  But dealing with the spam healing is what is taking the most time for me.
    Still not seeing a difference in their healing after doing a dozen beacons last night.   If anything the archers might be slinging bandages a little faster or it might be I am using weaker character on the shard than I have on other shards.  The mages actually drop faster than the bombers and archers for me.  If it is taking you 25+ minutes to do a beacon, I would say you need a template better suited to killing the crews.  Been taking me 3 minutes max to clear each side of crew and another 2-3 minutes to blow the lighthouse....... and I don't get in any hurry about it.

Its not like the Binders are hard to fill and tincture hard to get.  Collected these in about 4-5 hours of on and off play yesterday afternoon and last night.

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    are you doing it with your 22 accounts maybe thats why you do them so fast
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited September 2019
    Tyrath said:
    Been taking me 3 minutes max to clear each side of crew and another 2-3 minutes to blow the lighthouse....... and I don't get in any hurry about it.

@Tyrath

Care to explain "how" you get each Plunderbeacon's side Orcs in 2-3 minutes ?

Because to me, it takes way, but WAY longer then that........

But waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer.......
    popps said:
    Tyrath said:
    Been taking me 3 minutes max to clear each side of crew and another 2-3 minutes to blow the lighthouse....... and I don't get in any hurry about it.

@ Tyrath

Not going to detail it so they can nerf the 4-5 fast ways to do the beacons with my help :)   Best I will tell you is watch what everyone else burning through the beacons does and emulate their tactics.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Tyrath said:
    popps said:
    Tyrath said:

@ Tyrath

Not going to detail it so they can nerf the 4-5 fast ways to do the beacons with my help :)   Best I will tell you is watch what everyone else burning through the beacons does and emulate their tactics.
    He would actually have to play UO to do that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.