Question on the New Weapon Belts

Would it be possible to allow both the Crimson and the Tangle to be turned into these belts?

I'd love to use the sword belt on one of my characters, but she needs the MR and Int bonus of the Tangle more so than the Crimson stats. 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We have other artifacts planned for “conversion belts”, including tangle!
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Okay, I just want to clarify if you mean the tangle will also eventually be able to be made into these belts, or if they'll in fact be tied to something completely different and not an option for the weapon belts. Because if it's the latter... that makes me sad.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Tangle could have a pouch attached to it. 

What would be really nice is if you could dye the belt one color and the weapon another color!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

What would be really nice is if you could dye the belt one color and the weapon another color!
    well, for me at least... my swordswoman uses a Tangle. And I'd like the sword belt for her. Not a pouch. Not something magic related.
    Faeryl said:
    Pawain said:

well, for me at least... my swordswoman uses a Tangle. And I'd like the sword belt for her. Not a pouch. Not something magic related.

There a reason your swordsman wears a tangle instead of an Obi?  I bet I can design you a much better dex suit. I would say every mage wears a tangle but I guess they dont.  Would look like a pouch for their reagents.
    Pawain said:
    Faeryl said:
    Pawain said:

There a reason your swordsman wears a tangle instead of an Obi?  I bet I can design you a much better dex suit. I would say every mage wears a tangle but I guess they dont.  Would look like a pouch for their reagents.
    Because I have no need for the focus, and the Int bonus on the tangle is twice that of the Obi. Plus it has 2 MR and 5 DCI. Since my swordswoman uses chivalry, the Tangle is far superior than the Obi in terms of her needs.

I have no issues with her armour as it is. As an RPer, I just want to be able to turn the apron into something that better suits the character.
    edited September 2019
    Those of us that use magery items for magery do not need the skins changed for RP purposes. That is why we can not see parrots on the toons.  Many dexxers use chiv.  Pfft 10 mana cost.
    Pawain, if you actually read and understood my post asking for clarification, I said nothing about not giving the Tangle a mage-specific look. I simply asked if it will also eventually be able to be made into the weapon belts.

You don't need to be rude simply because I'd like a wider variety of aesthetic choices for my characters.
    As long as there is no weapon attached.  You said weapon. 

Faeryl said:
    Okay, I just want to clarify if you mean the tangle will also eventually be able to be made into these belts, or if they'll in fact be tied to something completely different and not an option for the weapon belts. Because if it's the latter... that makes me sad.
    I said they should have a bag instead.  Like it is a belt that would hold a bag of reagents. 
    A Native American medicine bag would look nice IMO.

Hawkwinds robe should be changed also.
    What I SAID was if they will *also* be able to be turned into the weapon belts, or if they will *only* be something completely different. And that I would be upset if it was the latter.
    Ok Peace.  The ball is rolling. More items will get new looks we hope.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Can the sword belt etc be made engravable? Embroidery tool would be logical, but so would armor tool which would be good for the UO store.

Pretty please?  <3
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    tangle should be made into a spellbook pouch, or a book bag... for your spellbooks... dexxer related items made into weapon items.. mage items made into magery related items or something to do with the spellbooks.. @Faeryl you have a chivalry book right? so therfore it is still casting spells from a book, your chivalry book could be in your book bag!!
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Has there been any update on this. Was hopeing to get a new look then walking around like am geting a xray
  • fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    @Tanager I agree 100% re making these engravable. Also be nice if they did the same for tabards.

Seems like they are missing to check off boxes when they create these items (or they don't have a mind to have these boxes there to check off in the first place). It would be better if these items came straight out of the box with the unique manners of manipulation one would expect them to have.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've responded. I needed to stew on this subject a little, because I'm honestly still a little baffled at people arguing against aesthetic variety under the guise of an argument for it.

Restricting any item from a certain aesthetic look isn't increasing the variety of options available. It's just creating something else that will be ignored because it's not a viable option to everyone.

To the people saying that my paladin uses a book? Yes, she does. But guess what? She also uses a sword. So why am I not allowed to have that option? Because she requires a mana bonus over strength or dex? Why is such a restriction in place when you have several styles of magic that are intertwined with melee? Chivalry. Bushido. Spellweaving even. They all work with melee. So why can melee  only have a "melee" look and magic only a "magic" look?

Restricting aesthetic options to a single artifact is honestly unfair and wasn't the best way to go about introducing such a thing. It should be widely and easily available.

It's not something that'll break the game.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Faeryl said:
    Yeah, it's been awhile since I've responded. I needed to stew on this subject a little, because I'm honestly still a little baffled at people arguing against aesthetic variety under the guise of an argument for it.

Restricting any item from a certain aesthetic look isn't increasing the variety of options available. It's just creating something else that will be ignored because it's not a viable option to everyone.

To the people saying that my paladin uses a book? Yes, she does. But guess what? She also uses a sword. So why am I not allowed to have that option? Because she requires a mana bonus over strength or dex? Why is such a restriction in place when you have several styles of magic that are intertwined with melee? Chivalry. Bushido. Spellweaving even. They all work with melee. So why can melee  only have a "melee" look and magic only a "magic" look?

Restricting aesthetic options to a single artifact is honestly unfair and wasn't the best way to go about introducing such a thing. It should be widely and easily available.

It's not something that'll break the game.
    So Much this every item should allow you to choose the"skin" orc role players need halo's too and allowing this harms no one ! i asked about parrots because my pirate wears one why cant it have stats i mean we did the whole shrine battles just to change the looks of the hawkwinds give us variety !
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    While we are at it, can we get a like button added to this place. Been asking since it started.....

*Likes pretty much all posts above*
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Same here 
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Skett said:
    Same here