Making the Ethereal Soulbinders.

2»

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I love threads like this. I have no clue what the sand and soulbinders are all about and the rest of the stuff, but I DO enjoy when others compete to show how much sand they all dug, not realizing that there's barely enough time in the day to complete that many click/targets all by hand LOL, but it's fun to read.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I love threads like this. I have no clue what the sand and soulbinders are all about and the rest of the stuff, but I DO enjoy when others compete to show how much sand they all dug, not realizing that there's barely enough time in the day to complete that many click/targets all by hand LOL, but it's fun to read.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to imply Garth, but I would be quite happy to demonstrate mining sand in large quantities totally without anything other than EC with default UI.  There is nothing else on my PC to use.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I was digging by clicking shovel and then targeting the ground.
    Then using another macro, last object last target.

Then someone told me how to create a macro in EC
    Last Object
    Delay 0.5
    cursor target last
    Delay 7.5 (I changed this to 1, because of my comps speed)
    Repeat 10 times

I didn't get the last object part to work
    so instead I put my shovel in one spot (F1)
    and then dragged that into the spot of last object

I always hit F1 first and target the sand
    and then hit F9 key 
    and it auto digs, very simple and it goes much faster...

And I was told that the above macro can also be used in CC
    but with EC you have to change the F1 key for every direction of shovel and pickaxe
    and it goes to the next shovel when the current one breaks
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    WooHoo found a guy on LS that has dug sand in the past. He gave me 40K sand so I'm making Binders for Players on LS!

We did 3 scalis.  Carry lots of binders when you do him.  I got 5 filled.  They seem to give all who get loot right 1 to 3 full binders per scalis.  We had over 10 players there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited September 2019
    lets be honest here. as a returning player i DO feel the failure rate MAKING soulbinders is to high for a gm alchemist but at the same time I feel that these people who are complaining are wanting to take out their multiple accounts and just farm 10's of billions of points the way they do with everything else, ever gone to an idoc lately? there is usually in excess of 50 characters there while actual players playing the game is what 6? its the same with this I think most of these people just wanna mass farm.
    and BTW 1 beacon fill an entire soulbinder? heck no might as well just give the rewards every day when a player logs in why bother having them play the game at all? oh you logged in heres all the points for logging in. its the same problem in society today they expect instant gratification and dont want to EARN anything, oh you lost the game? heres a trophy anyways
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    A new or returning player is not expected to go to Doom and have much success in fighting a Dark Father. Should the boss be made easier because those players have not yet achieved the skills and gear needed?

At GM alchemy, you have a 10% success chance. That is low for an un-geared crafter, but you have to keep in mind that talismans do exist. A perfect talisman will bump that to 40% success.

In an hour or so, I mined 1.5k sand. I went and bought my 5K ration of ethereal sand. My talisman is a 26, for a 36% success chance; an average talisman. My result from 1.5k sand and a bit under 400 ethereal sand was 38 soulbinders. That is 380,000 points if the binder is full when turned in - and it is going to take me a few days to fill those because I have a low tolerance for grind. That is 5 of the most expensive items on the NPC. Mining is not my favorite past time, but an hour(ish) of work nets me several days worth of fun. I get that others can blow through that 38 stash in a few hours, but I don't think that applies to the average player.

I am not really a big fan of gear or gear driven content, but I do not think it is unfair for players who have invested in quality gear to have an edge over folks who have not.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Dasilva said:
    lets be honest here. as a returning player i DO feel the failure rate MAKING soulbinders is to high for a gm alchemist but at the same time I feel that these people who are complaining are wanting to take out their multiple accounts and just farm 10's of billions of points the way they do with everything else, ever gone to an idoc lately? there is usually in excess of 50 characters there while actual players playing the game is what 6? its the same with this I think most of these people just wanna mass farm.
    and BTW 1 beacon fill an entire soulbinder? heck no might as well just give the rewards every day when a player logs in why bother having them play the game at all? oh you logged in heres all the points for logging in. its the same problem in society today they expect instant gratification and dont want to EARN anything, oh you lost the game? heres a trophy anyways
    Just fyi. The 8 orc crew and beacon. Gives you the minimum amount of souls on one binder. There no one thing on a ship that fills a parties binder. The fill rate is not the same as on TC. I like killing the beacons and the pirate ships so I do not feel it is a grind.

When I need for someone to tell me how many accounts I can have or play with, I will PM you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said.

When I need for someone to tell me how many accounts I can have or play with, I will PM you.
    LOL.  We need you to open up about 1k more accounts so we can hire another team member...
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Then using another macro, last object last target.

Then someone told me how to create a macro in EC
    Last Object
    Delay 0.5
    cursor target last
    Delay 7.5 (I changed this to 1, because of my comps speed)
    Repeat 10 times

I didn't get the last object part to work
    so instead I put my shovel in one spot (F1)
    and then dragged that into the spot of last object

The last object did not work because your last object is the ground/sand, not shovel.
    A more robust way to make this macro is:
    Shovel
    Wait for Target
    CursorTargetLast
    Delay 1s

Loop 10 times
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Sliss said:
    The last object did not work because your last object is the ground/sand, not shovel.
    A more robust way to make this macro is:
    Shovel
    Wait for Target
    CursorTargetLast
    Delay 1s

Loop 10 times
    I put the "delay" after "wait for target" so you have time to target another aria after you start getting "There is no sand here ........"
    Not sure why you're making hard work of an EC macro. Mine is simply 'target by resource' (sand) delay 1.0 repeat.

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Duh I didn't think to check if it was an option on the tool <span>:blush:</span>

I don't do sand often and didn't recall it being there.
    Not sure why you're making hard work of an EC macro. Mine is simply 'target by resource' (sand) delay 1.0 repeat.

Learn something every day. I saw it before, but somehow never used "target by resource." How does it handle exhausted spots if there is a good one nearby? 
    If the spot is exhausted you'll need to move till the new one is in reach.
    Although for mining sand I simply start the character walking, following the cursor, and trigger the macro so she mines as she walks. I don't tend to exhaust spots that way.  Three times round Magincia usually gives me about 1k sand.
    edited October 2019
    If the spot is exhausted you'll need to move till the new one is in reach.

If you stand in just the right spot you can have 4 resource squares within reach of you. So, if target by resource targets randomly, you might be wasting time on trying to mine empty spots.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Petra_Fyde, Thanks for the tip about using Target by Resource. I switched to using that and it really sped up mining for sand.  I then tried it with ore and filled up 5 packys and myself in half the time as my previous macro.  And it found ore veins that my manual hunt and peck were not finding.