INSCRIPTION : What is the MAX number of properties and MAX intensities for Spellbooks & Scrapper's ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,936
edited August 2019 in Skills and Stats
According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/inscription/inscription-craftables/ when inscribing a Spellbook, it is said :

** When crafting a spellbook there is a chance it will get up to 3 magical properties.
These properties can be Faster Casting, Faster Cast Recovery, Lower Mana Cost, Lower Reagent Cost, Mana Increase, Mana Regeneration, Spell Damage Increase,
Intelligence Bonus and a few mage related Skills(Magery, Eval. Int., Meditation and Resist).
None of the listed properties is a Slayer YET, Spellbooks CAN be crafted with also a Slayer modifier if the RNG wants it....

Do I need to therefore conclude that Spellbooks can be inscribed with 3 of the properties listed in that Paragraph PLUS a Slayer property thus making the total as 4 magical properties on a Spellbook ?

As in regards to Scrapper's Compendiums, according to http://www.uoguide.com/Scrapper's_Compendium

When crafting, there is a chance to create a Scrapper's Compendium with random extra properties (up to three, chances dependent on your Magery skill). Examples are Slayer, Mana Regeneration, Lower Reagent Cost, etc.
These random properties are in addition to the existing fixed properties, so this item has the potential to be very powerful indeed. 
Now, the number of "fixed" properties for a Scrapper's Compendium is 4. Do I understand it as right, from the above Paragraph, that, therefore, a Scrapper's Compendium could possibly be inscribed with 4 + 3 equals 7 magical properties in total ?

And what about the MAX intensities which these Magical Properties inscribed in a Scrapper's Compendium can be incribed with ? Anyone knows what they are ?

Thanks.

@Mariah , do you by any chance have the answers to these questions ? Thanks !

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I will add 'slayer' to the information on the page.
    All the relevant information given for crafting spell books also applies to Scrappers.
    Up to 3 properties are possible for a character with 100 inscription and 120 magery, All the properties can be up to 80% of the intensity range they normally spawn in.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited August 2019
    Mariah said:
    I will add 'slayer' to the information on the page.
    All the relevant information given for crafting spell books also applies to Scrappers.
    Up to 3 properties are possible for a character with 100 inscription and 120 magery, All the properties can be up to 80% of the intensity range they normally spawn in.

@Mariah

Do I therefore understand it as correctly that a Scrapper's Compendium can be crafted with a MAX of 7 magical properties as total ?

The 4 "basic" ones, plus "up to" an additional 3 ?

When you say "up to 80% of the intensity range they normally spawn in", are you referring to the Ranges indicated in the Table here https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/ ?

For example, since the Range indicated for Lower Reagent Cost in the Table at that Link is indicated as 

Lower Reagent Cost 1-20 (I) 1-25 (R) (L)   Armor (I) (R) (L)100
                                                                        Jewellery (I) (L)
                                      1-16                           Spellbooks

For the purposes of this table (I) signifies items and intensities possible through runic crafting or imbuing, (R) signifies items and intensities possible through runic reforging and (L) signifies items and intensities possible from random loot. Where the initial preceeds the ‘found on’ list it applies to all items in the list.
    Now, if what you indicate (80% of the intensity Range they normally spawn in), my understanding is that "Normally", according to that Table, Spellbooks spawn with a Range of 1-16.

Now, 80% of 16 would be 12.8% (rounded at 13% ?).

Well, it is a fact that Spellbooks get inscribed by Scribes with 16% Lower Reagent Cost as several players have found out.

So, what gives ? It is not for all Magical Properties that the "up to 80%" intensity Rule works ?

Or, does the 80% for Spellbooks need to be referred to the 1-20 Range (indicated for (I) Runic/Imbuing crafting) of which, 80% comes at 16% Lower Reagent Cost which is what actually players have found to be the case for Spellbooks as the Max Lower Reagent Cost intensity one can inscribe it as ?

Or, instead, can some magical properties can be inscribed to a full 100% intensity as what can spawn ?

Lastly, is it possible to actually crafts a Spellbook with the Max 3 magical properties ALL at 80% of the MAX intensity Range that they can get to as well as a Scrapper's Compendium with the Max 7 magical properties (4 + 3) having the 3 additional ones ALL at 80% of the Max Intensity Range that they can get to ?
    I'm sorry, I have no information beyond that provided in that page.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Is there perhaps someone else, players or Developers, who can answer those questions then ?

Thanks !
    studying your figures a bit - lrc imbuing has a maximum of 20% - 80% of that is 16. The figure given on the item properties page IS the 80% of 'normal' that can be crafted.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Now, if what you indicate (80% of the intensity Range they normally spawn in), my understanding is that "Normally", according to that Table, Spellbooks spawn with a Range of 1-16.

Now, 80% of 16 would be 12.8% (rounded at 13% ?).

- ALL spellbooks can naturally come with properties up to 80% of the max those properties can naturally be found in.
    20% lrc --> 16%

No.

Lastly, is it possible to actually crafts a Spellbook with the Max 3 magical properties ALL at 80% of the MAX intensity Range that they can get to as well as a Scrapper's Compendium with the Max 7 magical properties (4 + 3) having the 3 additional ones ALL at 80% of the Max Intensity Range that they can get to ?

Yes they can all be max 80% range.