Where does everyone hang out?

Hi there. I haven't played in about a decade. I was wondering where everyone hangs out now. The old world is completely empty. In fact, I could use any advice whatsoever on how to get up to speed. Thank you!

Comments

• FatFat Posts: 97
    Vent, mumble, and Discord. 
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    There isn't as much bank sitting these days.  On Pacific, the way everyone catches up with each other is through the general chat channel on global chat.  By the way, welcome back.  What shard do you play?
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Orion, from what I've seen in the two weeks I've been back, Atlantic will be your best bet for finding community. Guild recruiters hang out a lot of the time near the New Haven bank, and there seems to be a lot of folks at the Luna bank and stables.  The downside with an active shard is the lag felt circling the Luna core looking for goods you might be interested in.

If you are basically a soloist, or play with a group of friends, any of the other shards will do fine.  I'm not saying the other shards are abandoned, but they are much less busy than they used to be. 
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • Thank you. I play on Great Lakes. Assuming I know absolutely nothing about what's going on, where does everyone go for adventure these days? Thanks for the help
  • Thanks Rock. It amazes me actually that after 20 years there are still things that this game does better than any others. I'll take a look around Luna!
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    Thank you. I play on Great Lakes. Assuming I know absolutely nothing about what's going on, where does everyone go for adventure these days? Thanks for the help
      Also playing on Great Lakes.
  • On this forum.