Considering how the "Beacons' Bug" has slowed down their gameplay, will we get them for longer ?

And I am referring to "also" the Black Market....

The Beacons' Bug has hurt quite a lot the getting of Maritime Trade Cargos to turn them in for Rewards at the Black Market in Buc's Den....

Can we therefore hope that their existance, not just Beacons and Maritime Trade Cargos, but ALSO of the Black Market and its Rewards, will be further extended to "compensate" players for their reduced ability of earning and turning in Cargos for Rewards due to the Beacons' Bug which has not yet been fixed, that I am aware of ?

Thanks !

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    People have had plenty time to get what they want. It's been since what end of March!!!!!!!! I used my main account and my hubby's account to fight the beacons. If anyone wanted a boat ride, I let them come sail with me and helped them til they got what they wanted. I helped ALL cities on Chessy to max their treasury. (Except for New Mag which was already maxed when the event began.) I got all the rewards I wanted and more. I have popped 15 Triton statues and have 26 more unpopped. I got parrots for multiple toons, cannons for my orc boats, over 200 wooden signs (none with my name but that's a whole different post.), and at least one of each of the others. I have saved 2 bags of crates to use for Jhelom as the treasury uses the money. I have the crates I need to donate to the fellowship.

I did all this 2 crates at a time from countless beacons. Yes the buggy beacons are a pain but they are not hindering anyone in the long run. I could have even more but I haven't fought the beacons in a week or two.

Fill the up all the cannons on an orc boat and call out in gen chat one night for a beacon night.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Marge, not everyone can play 24/7 and do all of the stuff you've done with their limited time in game. Imagine you only had 2 hrs to enjoy one night and 4 out of the 5 beacons you found were shoreline or server line (yes they keep firing near the server line too). Popps, while he does tend to go off the edge on his posts, isn't far off the mark on this one.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Sorry some of you are struggling with this. I just don't see an issue bad enough to not get as many crates as you want. It is rare to see a beacon butt up against a server line. If you do see one, move on, capture a pirate you see nearby. A new beacon will spawn soon enough.

If for some reason you only see beacons butt up against a server line or land, then go after merchants and pirates.  The lower end cargo adds up quickly even with just one char.

Of course, that doesn't help if you are relying on 8 chars to shoot at a beacon for max rewards and you will get no sympathy from me. 

In the meantime, I love having the seas pretty much to myself.

But as far as I am concerned, sure keep the Black Market Pirate up forever!
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    I'm not a fan of limited-time events like this, to begin with, so I'd like to see there be some way of getting these rewards after the main story arc has completed. 
    Grace said:
    Sorry some of you are struggling with this. I just don't see an issue bad enough to not get as many crates as you want. It is rare to see a beacon butt up against a server line. If you do see one, move on, capture a pirate you see nearby. A new beacon will spawn soon enough.

If for some reason you only see beacons butt up against a server line or land, then go after merchants and pirates.  The lower end cargo adds up quickly even with just one char.

Of course, that doesn't help if you are relying on 8 chars to shoot at a beacon for max rewards and you will get no sympathy from me. 

In the meantime, I love having the seas pretty much to myself.

But as far as I am concerned, sure keep the Black Market Pirate up forever!
    Translation: The game is fine for you, everyone else can pound sand :P

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
     :D at Garth's reply.

Is there a better place to do them in Tram than where I try.  I start at Jhelom  and go NE.  Targets are too spread out and scarce.

Thanks

@Grace ; Why shouldn't we expect the game to work as intended? I have not seen any of your Pics in the bug thread on this. Since you think you know what is too close to land and not too close maybe your input will help fix this bug.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I gave my input re this bug in an email. 

Forgive me for sharing that I have been doing fine with beacons.

Again, I only avoid the beacons right on the edge of land and server lines.

I play one acct at a time in classic client.

There is nothing else to try to help you guys with this.

Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction. I did agree about not wanting the Black Market Pirate to leave.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Karyn said:
    I'm not a fan of limited-time events like this, to begin with, so I'd like to see there be some way of getting these rewards after the main story arc has completed. 
    AMEN
    I only wish I could play 24/7. I babysit during the day and have my own kids. I haven't been logging in til 7pm or later since this started. If you only get 2 hours and only find 4 to 5 beacons total, you are in the wrong spot. Even with buggy beacons, I can find and kill at least 4 good beacons in an hour. Again, call out in gen chat that you are sailing for beacons. The faster you sink the beacons the more you can sink in your limited time. Not everything in this game has to be soloed.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,949
    Grace said:
    I gave my input re this bug in an email. 

Forgive me for sharing that I have been doing fine with beacons.

Again, I only avoid the beacons right on the edge of land and server lines.

I play one acct at a time in classic client.

There is nothing else to try to help you guys with this.

Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction. I did agree about not wanting the Black Market Pirate to leave.
    "Again, I only avoid the beacons right on the edge of land and server lines."

Which, since Beacons have a "timer" before they can respawn elsewhere at a place where they are not "bugged", makes the number of those Attackable ones MUCH lower....

Which it greatly slows down players in their ability to gather Mythical Maritime Cargo Crates especially those players who already have a limited time to play UO to start with....

If, of a handfull of Beacons 2 or 3 happen to get spawned in "bugged" places, and players have to wait for them to vanish and reappeat somewhere else, hoping that it is not again a bugged place, this DOES slow down greatly players' ability to gather Mythical crates and, thus, get Rewards from the Black Market, especially for players with limited time to play UO, doesn't it ?
    Marge said:
    I only wish I could play 24/7. I babysit during the day and have my own kids. I haven't been logging in til 7pm or later since this started. If you only get 2 hours and only find 4 to 5 beacons total, you are in the wrong spot. Even with buggy beacons, I can find and kill at least 4 good beacons in an hour. Again, call out in gen chat that you are sailing for beacons. The faster you sink the beacons the more you can sink in your limited time. Not everything in this game has to be soloed.

I was hunting in Tokuno.  I do not know where the right spot is in Tram.  The place I go does yield less than 4 Beacons in 2 hours because they are so sparse and spread out.
    That few in Tokuno? Just south over the server line from Zento docks is one spot. Then you sail east past the the snow cap follow the mountain down and sail around that mountain island. Make sure you use 'Start tracking'. Half of those will be player boats but it can help find beacons if you are having trouble. In that area, there were many times two beacons would be side by side or another would spawn before the first one sank.
    Marge said:
    That few in Tokuno? Just south over the server line from Zento docks is one spot. Then you sail east past the the snow cap follow the mountain down and sail around that mountain island. Make sure you use 'Start tracking'. Half of those will be player boats but it can help find beacons if you are having trouble. In that area, there were many times two beacons would be side by side or another would spawn before the first one sank.

NO.  I stopped hunting in Tokuno because most are near land.   I could find beacon after beacon in Tokuno.  Now that I have moved to NE of Jhelom I find few beacons.

I am asking, where are good spots in TRAM.
    There are no good spots in tram.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Just shut it down already. They cant fix it and it just plain makes them look silly. 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    jelinidas said:
    Just shut it down already. They cant fix it and it just plain makes them look silly. 

They figure they dont have to fix it, since the apologists are all making excuses for it and telling people affected by it to move on and find a workaround
    Marge said:
    There are no good spots in tram.

Ouch.  That answer hurt. :( 
    Thanks.
    Not to stir the pot even more but I'm beginning to think the number of mythical cargo awarded per beacon has been lowered. 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Even thou I have posted screen shots several times on the main bug thread showing locations of bad beacons I have no problems finding beacons that are not close to land. You do need to hunt for them.  Some nights I find 1 or 2 beacons.  Other nights I find 8 beacons. That is part of the fun of the game.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Please keep in mind that rule 1 requires posters to post respectfully.
    I just read all of the posts, can you at least tell us which one(s) you think are disrespectful ?

Thank you

I just read all of the posts, can you at least tell us which one(s) you think are disrespectful ?

Thank you
    Anything with Uriah Heep, Garth, or Jollyjade in the header?   LOL
    I'm sure the thinking on the tmaps was "just release what we want to, they'll bitch awhile and then shutup."

Interestingly enough, I'm still pissed about it tho...as are a few others I know
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator

Thank you
    A post which is respectful does not belittle someone else. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Pawain said:
    Is there a better place to do them in Tram than where I try.  I start at Jhelom  and go NE.  Targets are too spread out and scarce.

Have you tried the area between Moonglow and the Floating Emporium?

Thank you
    The post she was referring to was removed. I saw it last night before it was removed. Good Call Mariah.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    @Marge thanks for saying you saw the post before it was removed.  When ever a @Mariah post shows up right after one of mine I tend to think she is referring to my post and I wonder what I wrote that was inappropriate.
    Pawain said:

Have you tried the area between Moonglow and the Floating Emporium?

Nope, I just know where they are in Tokuno and Jhelom.  I did not do much cannon fighting until this year.  I'll try there thanks. 
    Mariah said:

Thank you
    A post which is respectful does not belittle someone else. 

Can you please PM me the post, I didn't get to read it. Thanks  :)
    Probably one of mine...
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2019
    bump. @Kyronix any official statement on extending the event due to this still standing issue? Does he even read outside the free QA forum?
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)