A couple gripes about DOOM gauntlet

@kyronix - i've been running the gauntlet quite frequently lately, and for the most part i enjoy it. it's a fun challenge to do it right without collecting many/any death robes, and the chance at an artifact is a nice dangling carrot. I do have a couple complaints though:

- First, multiple bosses spawning when i'm down there solo. Guessing that this is from timed script thieves doing their hourly check-in / logoff for stealable artifacts. Maybe make it so multiple characters have to be aggroed on a boss to spawn a second, third, forth, etc? Anyway, this wouldnt be SO bad if it werent for the next bullet point.
- The dreaded leash. This thing grinds my gears. I'll be whacking on a DF with 10 other mobs around me a mere 8 tiles from the pentagram, then *poof*, DF is back in the center and im taking hits and have to frantically retarget something to maybe leech enough to save myself. Even more annoying when i have to fish the DF back out from a group of 2-3 of them, even though there's nobody else to be found in the area. Again, not that huge a deal, just annoying, even moreso combined with the above point.
- The fleshrenderers sometimes continuing to attack while they're invincible. The fiction here is that they're burrowed underground while yellow and thus unable to attack / be attacked until they pop up with the mandible surprise, no? It's a neat idea and I don't have an issue with the behavior, but if thats the case, how come sometimes they go mobile and continue to attack? This seems to happen mostly when poison damage procs, but not 100% sure. 

Nothing really terrible here, just a few mechanics i feel could use some fine tuning.

Comments

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Nothing too bad here, a little strategy is all you need. 

1: Multiple bosses = more drop chances :> Most sampire templates should be able to take 2-3-4 bosses at once in most rooms.

2: The trick to the leash is to stand in the middle of the room so it never bounces, again if multiple dark fathers spawn, you should be able to tank them with whirlwind and kill both at the same time.

3: This room can suck. Try using a weapon that can apply "blood drinker" with an armor ignore or heavy cold hitting weapon. They turn invul approx every 3 swings. Hit them hard twice and then apply blood drinker as your 3rd attack every time. You will leach life from them while they are invulnerable. 

My sampire can solo the gauntlet in about 15 minutes or so, let me know if you need help/advice/want me to go with you :)

PS; ALWAYS carry enchanted apples and watch for blood oath. This will ruin your day and almost all of the bosses have necromancy.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Nikard said:
    Nothing too bad here, a little strategy is all you need. 

1: Multiple bosses = more drop chances :> Most sampire templates should be able to take 2-3-4 bosses at once in most rooms.

2: The trick to the leash is to stand in the middle of the room so it never bounces, again if multiple dark fathers spawn, you should be able to tank them with whirlwind and kill both at the same time.

3: This room can suck. Try using a weapon that can apply "blood drinker" with an armor ignore or heavy cold hitting weapon. They turn invul approx every 3 swings. Hit them hard twice and then apply blood drinker as your 3rd attack every time. You will leach life from them while they are invulnerable. 

My sampire can solo the gauntlet in about 15 minutes or so, let me know if you need help/advice/want me to go with you :)

PS; ALWAYS carry enchanted apples and watch for blood oath. This will ruin your day and almost all of the bosses have necromancy.
    What's your suggestions for a mage that can't stand toe-to-toe with 3 darkfathers? Or a tamer? Or a bard?

I hope the answer is not "make a sampire".
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    15 min is about what im down to for gauntlet too, i find tanking multiple dfs at once gets ugly fast with just one or two whiffs though. good chance its just inexperience with more than one at a time though i guess, and good point re: more chances for an art. do you use eoo against dfs? seems too risky to me with all the extra spawn. and yeah, apples are critical, learned that early on.
    Making a sampire is by far the most efficient for a gauntlet solo. All encounters have strong and weak templates, but I think it's most important to keep in mind that the gauntlet was intended to be a group activity, and in groups other templates can definitely be fantastic down there. Off the top of my head, I love having a bard with me down there. Mystic spellweavers are also great for group play.
    North_LS said:
    15 min is about what im down to for gauntlet too, i find tanking multiple dfs at once gets ugly fast with just one or two whiffs though. good chance its just inexperience with more than one at a time though i guess, and good point re: more chances for an art. do you use eoo against dfs? seems too risky to me with all the extra spawn. and yeah, apples are critical, learned that early on.
    I don't use chivalry in the gauntlet at all, I stone it off - my gauntlet template is 
    120 sword tact anat bushido
    100 necro parry
    40 resist spells +30 from jewels

I keep healing chiv and archery on stones and swap for things like blackthorns, Scalis, shadowguard, em events etc based on what I need