I had 2,690 luck

" Only miners with high luck can find these deposits which can occur in 5 different sizes, miners harvesting in Felucca will benefit from a 1000 point luck bonus. Once found the miner must mine the deposit until it is consumed. The niter will decay if not mined when found."

I was digging for Niter in a dungeon where in the Past we has gotten deposits for an hour and got nothing.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Felucca has dried up for me.  I used to mine from a boat and would get lots of niter deposits. Then something happened and I could dig 2000 times and not get a single deposit. Even Felucca dungeons produce nothing for me.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    I tell you miners need some love here with mining niter deposits
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,840
    It should also be added to the pirate ship boxes, in stacks comparable to sand. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     First thing I did when I got back on a couple weeks ago was put together a 1500 luck suit and make a miner on LS.  Pulled 2100 saltypeters in about 90 minutes in the Ilsh Mushroom cave.  Hit the Orc Mine next with 1400 luck (Mask)  and pulled about the same.  Then off to Wind Fel side and could not pop a Niter Deposit to save my life.  So ran up to the Fel Orc Mine and pulled 3000 in about 60 minutes.   Not seeing much difference between now and 6 months ago except in Wind and for whatever reason Wind was always a slow spot for popping Niter for me. 

Boat mining also seems a lot slower than it was 6 months ago. 

Overall I used to get 2800-3200 per hour fel. Ilsh or tram With the max miner luck suits and the +5 luck enhanced gloves. 

Side note: 2400 luck seems to be the break point where you get almost all max deposits.  1400-2399 in my experience gives dependable 2000-2500 per hour saltypeters.  Under 500-1399 runs in the 1000-1300 per hour range and under 500 luck............ Why even bother.  Max Miner luck with Gloves I can't recall ever getting anything other than the biggest deposits.

Luck also does not play into popping the Niter Deposit.  Luck determines how big the deposits popped are and how much is in them.  Mining Skill and Gloves determine how much you retrieve from each deposit.  Zero luck and GM mining you will pop nothing but small deposits that you get almost nothing out of but you will pop the same number of deposits as if you were running max luck with the fel bonus on top.

I mine A LOT of SaltyPeters :)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I've gotten plenty of the largest size deposits and i never mine with luck.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I've gotten plenty of the largest size deposits and i never mine with luck.
    I second that
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I've gotten plenty of the largest size deposits and i never mine with luck.
    I second that
    I 3rd that, it all depends on how much the RNG loves you that day and I have also used max luck at sea and got a deposit every swing and again I have had no deposits with and with out luck.