Paroxy Swamp Dragon

Here is the deal I would gladly give some money on the uo store for a mount that provides the same or better damage reduction like the paroxy swap dragon. I refuse to support 3rd party sites and it took me roughly a month of casual game play to get the gold to buy a swampy from vendor search only to have it disappear less than 72 hours later. Let me just say im not complaining bugs and old code it's bound to happen. I just would like to have a mount that has the function and utility that the paroxy does but I don't have to constantly reapply the armor and I can just throw a few dollars away if it goes poof. Please consider this @Mesanna and thank you.

Comments

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    This also happened to me a few months ago. Same pet. Same story. Took me two weeks to find another and it cost me a small fortune to buy because there arent enough players doing the old content to get them. Would HAPPILY pay for one in the store. [Also would love to see a different type of mount for the sake of variety.]
  • psychopsycho Posts: 290
    Maybe thats the problem, with the UOstore pets and poroximus if it gets unbound it will just disappear, but if it was a real pet and unbound you could just retame it again.

Happy to sell you all swamp dragon deeds!
  • Well, i can give some tips for keying/killing Paroxy for trying to farm the mount yourself.

1. Chief Paroxysmus is one of the hardest Peerlesses to key for. The Skull, Torso and Leg drops from Corrosive Slimes are rare and completely random (i've had 1 Torso, 3 Legs, and 6 Skulls before), and the Putrifier is a pain in the ass to kill without multiple chars.

What i do, is i use a Disco/Tamer with a 5 slot Najasaurus to round up ALL the creatures in the first bottom half of the dungeon, and get my Najasaurus to tank them all while running Consume Damage on him. I don't have my Najasaurus attack them at all, he just holds them. With 100% Poison Resist and Consume Damage running on him, the Naja is essentially immune to the melee attacks of all those mobs, only their spells can damage him. While my Naja holds an army of Poison Eles, Acid Eles, and Plague Beasts and their spawn, i fly around on my Thrower and pick off the Corrosive Slimes and check them for keys, while occasionally alt-tabbing over to my Disco/Tamer to heal the Naja up.
    When it comes time for Putrifier, i have my Disco/Tamer stand back running Consume Damage while my Najasaurus tanks him, i discord the Putrifier, and have my Thrower kill him from max distance.

2. Chief Paroxy himself is a no-Tamer fight, and he can hit for 120+ in a single attack at times, even against a Sampire riding an armored Swampy. He loves to suck attacking Mages into him and snap them in half with one of those hits.
    I use a Swords Wammy on him. I ride a Paroxy Swampy, and use a 100% Fire Double Axe with 50% Lightning/50% HLA/81% HML/50% HSL/45% DI. I keep Greater Strength/Agility pots going with 50% EP to max out my STR/DEX. I'll Honor him, and try to separate him from his adds so i can Whirlwind them down. Once it's just him left, i'll cast EoO, Curse Weapon, Corpse Skin him, Onslaught him, and Double Strike spam, keeping Curse Weapon, Corpse Skin, and Onslaught up at all times. With Vamp Form+Curse Weapon, i have 70% Hit Life Drain, and my Double Strikes hit Paroxy for 250+ total, so i heal my entire 150 Health bar with every Double Strike, so even his occasional 120 damage hits aren't a big problem for me.
  • Yeah that's awesome thanks for the advice but sadly my internet isn't what it use to be so a short lag spike and I'm dead use to have dsl now I have a Verizon hotspot and uo works pretty good on it but not enough for me to solo peerless any more for now I have old trusty my original swampy but nothing sucks more than armor breaking mid combat and OOooO .I just farm blood elementals I'm ilsh and other stuff plus I'm not 8 anymore and with a 3yo and a 1 yo I can't invest the time that I used to so more often than not a set back like I mentioned  and I log out and don't log back in for a while hence why I would just rather spend $10 on a mount that has permanent armor that I can replace easily.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited July 2019
    When I lost my first one I soon had to realize this is a well known bug that just never gets fixed.

That was 5 years ago, for the love of the game  <3
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)