Patch error!

AaylaAayla Posts: 170
I lost connection and since now I can’t launch either EC or CC. I’m getting the following message in a dialog box

The patch client encountered corruption in the file [patcher.prod.sig] on remote server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again. 

I tried it again and again and again and it doesn’t work. 

Whats the workaround?

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    Hmm.. maybe you could try to disintall the whole Clients and reinstall them again from scratch from freshly downloaded installers?
    Just my two GPs...
    I.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    How far into the process are you getting? Are you able to check the box 'perform full file check'?
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Mariah said:
    How far into the process are you getting? Are you able to check the box 'perform full file check'?
    Well when I see the dialog box it’s before the client appears. When it’s there, I see for a second and it close so I can’t check the box. 
  • Misk1Misk1 Posts: 5Dev
    Aayla said:

The patch client encountered corruption in the file [patcher.prod.sig] on remote server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again. 

There are generally two solutions for most patch errors:

Solution #1: 

1)   Close any clients you may haves open;
    2)   Open Task Manager;
    3)   Check to see if you have any open UO related bin files (uo.bin for the CC or uopatch.bin for the EC);
    4)   If either of these processes are open, close them;
    5)   Try to patch up the client again.

Solution #2:

1)   Try a simple reboot;
    2)   Try to patch up the client again.

If neither of those solutions work, then we would need to see your patch logs to figure out what exactly is or is not occurring.  If you have the clients installed to the default locations the patch logs can be found in the following directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\logs
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs

The file name for the patch log should include the date of the patch problem (example: patcher.031518.Log).

E-mail the log file to us at uo@broadsword.com with the subject ATTN: MISK – Patch Log and we will try to figure out a solution for your patching problems.

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Thanks! :)
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have this issue frome time to time when there is a large patch. I would try to run the program a few times but it never works. I then try rebooting my computer and it usually solves the problem. I think it is because my computer is on most of the time. I need to start shutting it down more, but i am a huge fan of UO and as soon as I get home and get changed an a little setteled It is UO time. Lol. I love the new taming and training updates. I only wish I did not have to Grind so hard to afford scrolls for the pet training. Oh well.