Luck and Treasure

I can't find anything in the publish notes about luck being a factor in treasure chest loot. Is it still a factor?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Yes for the quality of loot
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    Is there a reference to this in Publish Notes or a news page somewhere?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,790
    Personal observation is I get more ML ingredients or extra recipe scrolls when I have higher luck when digging up artisan supply chests in Malas.

Luck doesn't factor into the type of chest you get, that is based on your modified cartography skill.  Luck will enhance the magic equipment that fills the chests, like it does with all loot production.  The type of chest will give different ranges for the budgets that are used in magic equipment creation with rusty being the low end and gold being the high end.

Mana Orbs, Skeleton Keys, and Named artifacts were redistributed to lower level chests.  Check the publish notes for the full distribution.

Utility Items (Assassin, Artisan, and Ranger Supply)
    • Legacy & New Utility Items based on package
    • New: Shield Engraving Tool
    Minor Artifacts (All packages, Supply)
    • Legacy Minor artifacts & Pub 67 Artifacts
    • Legendary Cartography Glasses (+1-5 Cartography)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    TimSt said:
    Personal observation is I get more ML ingredients or extra recipe scrolls when I have higher luck when digging up artisan supply chests in Malas.
    Funny that, personally I think LUCK is a crock.  I have seen no difference it artisan supply chests in malas when I have 0 luck or 2900 luck.  NONE.  Certainly not in more ML ingredients or recipes. 

As per Kyronix " Luck will enhance the magic equipment that fills the chests, like it does with all loot production. "

Whether or not the 'magical items' give you a +2mr instead of a +1 on a particular item is pretty subjective and impossible to actually quantify other than taking it on blind faith that the magical items get slightly better properties.  I have NEVER found luck to show any difference that you can see and wearing it more often than not only makes you 'think' you are getting better loot but then again, I get just as many bits I keep when I don't wear luck as when I do. I would like to see the 'text' in an items mouse over where there has been a modifcation show YELLOW when it has actually been impacted by a 'luck' roll.  Until then well I guess it is  like religion, blind faith.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    You are right @MissE about the properties when it comes to luck proving or disproving but luck does work if you track the gold amount on a known creature and it does not work every time.  Luck is like every thing else in UO that is at the mercy of the all mighty RNG GOD
    Bilbo said:
    You are right @ MissE about the properties when it comes to luck proving or disproving but luck does work if you track the gold amount on a known creature and it does not work every time.  Luck is like every thing else in UO that is at the mercy of the all mighty RNG GOD
    Ha, well after 15 odd years I have yet to be convinced that it makes diddly squats worth of difference, and I have tried.  Right now I have two treasure hunters, one with 0 luck and one with 2900 luck.  I have done more than 150 tmaps since this went live and frankly, don't see any difference between the two. 

I remember years ago when playing with my guild that one person always claimed their 'luck' suit worked and was totally adamant about it, then a little while after this the devs came out and admitted it wasn't really doing anything much so they had to 'fix' it.  I guess my guildies perception was that 'wishful thinking', think it works and it does......  didn't matter that the whole time it was broken. 

I have never seen the sense in giving away high resists or any other mods on a suit to add in luck for the slim chance that you get a +1 point modification on some magic property like 14% fire resist instead of 13%.  Nor would I ever spend any money purchasing a high end luck piece. 

If I build a suit and a piece comes with a bit of luck on it well  guess I just 'luck out'  :) if not it doesn't matter.  Until you can actually 'see' where luck has modified something then I am still a sceptic as to its value.

Cheers MissE

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    you gotta do higher than supply maps to see any difference in Luck.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Aye well I have done about 50 hoards and the rest lower levels, mainly cache, the low level maps are too too boring, and the trove ones aren't worth the effort at all.  (not including the 40 Hoard and 20 Troves I did on test centre)

Even the hoard ones (supposed to be for parties) aren't really worth doing.  I have over 89 alacrity scrolls now in this first week, and other than them and the odd pink I have yet to get any really decent piece.  Nothing to rival shadowguard.  Yes I get a lot of legendary pieces, but none have been useable due to the mismatched mods on them, and the bulk of them have also been weapons like pikes and rubbish that noone uses.

Even the supposed special items (hourglass/skull rug) are in short supply.  

The past two day I have only even bothered with fel maps for the chance of 110 ps for pets, that is the only thing worth bothering with.

Cheers MissE

• poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    edited July 2019
    Aye well I have done about 50 hoards and the rest lower levels, mainly cache, the low level maps are too too boring, and the trove ones aren't worth the effort at all.  (not including the 40 Hoard and 20 Troves I did on test centre)

Even the hoard ones (supposed to be for parties) aren't really worth doing.  I have over 89 alacrity scrolls now in this first week, and other than them and the odd pink I have yet to get any really decent piece.  Nothing to rival shadowguard.  Yes I get a lot of legendary pieces, but none have been useable due to the mismatched mods on them, and the bulk of them have also been weapons like pikes and rubbish that noone uses.

Even the supposed special items (hourglass/skull rug) are in short supply.  

The past two day I have only even bothered with fel maps for the chance of 110 ps for pets, that is the only thing worth bothering with.
    "Yes I get a lot of legendary pieces, but none have been useable due to the mismatched mods on them, and the bulk of them have also been weapons like pikes and rubbish that noone uses."

I think that that, is what the disconnect might be between players feeling this change to Treasure Hunting as a "nerf" and the Developers saying that the Treasure Hunting Loot Table has been boosted....

The crux of the disconnect is the RNG and the reduction of the number of items in Treasure Chests "with" the current changes to Treasure Hunting.....

I tried to discuss this thought in this Thread

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4219/a-thought-re-the-new-treasure-maps-and-loot-quality
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited July 2019
    Getting good items from the RNG is like playing the lottery, more tickets = better. Like they even know what we are looking for.. They should have not touched loot when they don't understand it. Adding powerscrolls to 6 or 7 maps would have been enough. 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)