A question on Artisans' Supply Treasure Maps (Re: Imbuing and ML resources)

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited June 2019 in General Discussions
Has anyone who has done a good number of these particular Treasure Maps found Imbuing resources as well as Mondain's Legacy Resources in "stacks" of X resources of that given type ?

If so, have the stacks quantities been variable by your findings ? What is the range of the stack that each of these Resource can spawn as, in these particular Maps ?

Did you notice whether the quantity of the Imbuing/ML resource stack varies depending on the type of Chest (Rusty, Metal or Gold) ?

Furthermore, did you notice whether the Luck worn also matters in determining the spawn of a larger stack of these resources versus a smaller one ?

Thanks !

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    You start.  How many from what type chest.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    I have almost exclusively done artisan supply chests in Malas. I get 3 to 4 ML ingredients with some of them stacked. Largest stack has been 2.  Switching from 280 luck to 780 luck added 1 random item.  Either a another ML ingredient, an extra recipe, shield engraver, or a mana orb.
    TimSt said:
    I have almost exclusively done artisan supply chests in Malas. I get 3 to 4 ML ingredients with some of them stacked. Largest stack has been 2.  Switching from 280 luck to 780 luck added 1 random item.  Either a another ML ingredient, an extra recipe, shield engraver, or a mana orb.

Because I have GM cartography so I always dig up with a gold chest.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited June 2019
    TimSt said:
    I thought it was my problem.... that ML (or Imbuing) resources were so scarce and far in between....

I thought it was perhaps a problem of the type of Chest (I get mostly rusty or metal although, even the scarce times I get a Gold I do not see any difference in the amount of ML/Imbuing resources that I can find...) or perhaps unsufficient Luck (I have about 400ish)....

But apparently, if with most always Gold Chests and up to 780 Luck you only get 1, at most 2 same ML resources in Chests I have the impression that, while Treasure Chests have been made capable to produce Legendary Artifacts, Powerscrolls and other niceties, in terms of resources needed by Crafters BY THE TONS, these much needed resources have been kept to spawn in only ridicolously low amounts....

I do not understand it.

Gold has been increased, Gems given in lots, Reagents also, WHY ON EARTH the Mondain's Legacy and Imbuing resources needed to Crafters to do their profession have been kept at such extremely low numbers ??

@Kyronix , is it possible, please, to adjust this towards like a stack of at least 10 (possibly more, with better Chests' types and Luck) for at least the more common Mondain's Legacy and Imbuing Resources with each Treasure chest ?

Thanks !
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    My guess would be the quantities are not overwhelming because treasure maps are not intended to be the primary source of those ingredients. The primary source of ML ingredients is ML peerless, the primary source of imbuing ingredients are Ter Mur creatures and the Abyss mini spawns.
    Incidentally a further secondary source of both is Exodus dungeon, stealing from Zealots can give ML ingredients and essences can be found in hidden boxes.
    edited June 2019
    My guess would be the quantities are not overwhelming because treasure maps are not intended to be the primary source of those ingredients. The primary source of ML ingredients is ML peerless, the primary source of imbuing ingredients are Ter Mur creatures and the Abyss mini spawns.
    Incidentally a further secondary source of both is Exodus dungeon, stealing from Zealots can give ML ingredients and essences can be found in hidden boxes.
    While i might understand that reasoning, I find that the solution, if that was to be the reasoning, might be too drastic....

Stealing from Zealots in the Exodus Dungeon does not produce ML ingredients in any realistically usefull capacity. It takes forever to even get up to a stack of 10 of the most common ML ingredients that way....

Fighting ML Peerless and Ter Mur creatures in the Abyss mini spawns is often out of question in today's Ultima Online where, with a more reduced players' base, often is impossible for Crafters to find a group to hunt with, in order to gather a decent amount of those ingredients in order to be able to carry out their Profession in a decent capacity.

So, Artisans' Supply Treasure Chests might remain the one, and perhaps only realistic source for Crafters to be able to gather, on their own, these needed ingredients... but not as they are, currently....

But if these Mondain's Legacy and Imbuing ingredients spawn way too scarce in Artisans' Supply Treasure Chests, this will not even be a viable source good enough for Crafters....

How would they then be able to carry on with their Profession ?

Keep in mind, that most players are lamenting a VERY scarce drop rate for Treasure maps (1% I heard), on top of that, there is 5 Packages that a Map can be generated into (Mage, Assassin, Warrior, Artisan, Ranger) and Creatures who may drop a Supply Map (Level 2), often can drop also a Map of another Level (the lower Stash or higher Cache) as compared to a Supply "drop".

What I am trying to say is, that ALREADY the odds of getting the Spawn for a Supply, Artisans' Treasure Maps are VERY low, because (A) of the Low rate that Treasure Maps drop in general, (B) because it can be any of 5 Packages Maps (not necessarily an Artisans') and (C) not necessarily a Supply Treasure Map but, rather, a Stash OR Cache Treasure Map, instead.

If then, ON TOP of the already low chance to get an Artisans' Supply Treasure Map drop the Mondain's Legacy or Imbuing ingredients that were to spawn with the Treasure Chest were also so scarce to only be 1 or 2 at most in a stack, this would be TOTALLY useless to Crafters, to my opinion, as a viable source for their crafting needs.

That is why I was saying that, to my opinion, at least the more common Mondain's Legacy and Imbuing ingredients should at least come in stacks of 10, possibly more for better Treasure Chests (Gold) and with more Luck worn.

@Kyronix ; , could you please kindly consider a buffing for Mondain's Legacy and Imbuing ingredients' quantities in Supply Artisans' Treasure Chests ?

Thanks !
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    You don't even get a stack of ten when you do the peerless, why should you get a large stack like that in a tmap?  Nor when you farm spawns.  Doing that would make peerless and the mini abyss spawns even less relevant.

Sadly the drop rate of facet maps (other than hoards at miasma, and low level malas maps from dark guardians) for other facets are pretty low. Other than a few scrolls there is little reason to do hoard or trove chests. The odd rare drop there is hardly making them worth doing as in 90% of them (unless you luck out on a decent bit of arm/wep loot) there is nothing else to really recommend them.  These high level maps should have all the lower level map special items in them as well in slightly larger stacks but they don't have any.

For the time and effort required, high level tmapping has been pretty much killed off unless you are after a particular alacrity, but in 2 days I have over 50 of them now so wont be long til they won't even be required. No idea how anyone could class these as a party map. Totally nerfed

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    popps said:
    TimSt said:
    I thought it was my problem.... that ML (or Imbuing) resources were so scarce and far in between....

I thought it was perhaps a problem of the type of Chest (I get mostly rusty or metal although, even the scarce times I get a Gold I do not see any difference in the amount of ML/Imbuing resources that I can find...) or perhaps unsufficient Luck (I have about 400ish)....

But apparently, if with most always Gold Chests and up to 780 Luck you only get 1, at most 2 same ML resources in Chests I have the impression that, while Treasure Chests have been made capable to produce Legendary Artifacts, Powerscrolls and other niceties, in terms of resources needed by Crafters BY THE TONS, these much needed resources have been kept to spawn in only ridicolously low amounts....

Popps, I consistently get 3 ML resources when doing Artisan Supply chests in Malas using my Sonoma treasure hunter who has 740 luck and .  Same with my Origin treasure hunter who has 1030 luck and GM cartography, and my Balhae treasure hunter who has 600 luck and GM cartography.  I also fully expect that my Lake Austin treasure hunter who has 950 luck and GM cartography, my Atlanta treasure hunter who has 520 luck and 97 cartography, my Great Lakes treasure hunter who has 895 luck and 93 cartography, and probably also my Hokuto treasure hunter who has 529 luck and 79.9 cartography will also get 3 ML ingredient drops from Artisan Supply chests dug up in Malas and 3 essences or abyssal cloth if I can ever find Artisan Supply maps for Ter Mur.. My Arirang treasure hunter only has 62.8 cartography and 0 luck on her suit, so she can't decipher supply maps yet.

My point is that your problem with getting rusty and metal chests is most likely that your cartography skill is not high enough for you to get metal or gold chests.  The quality of the chest is based on your cartography skill.  The decreased amounts are what you see in rusty chests. 

You need 70 cartography to decipher supply maps.  What is your cartography skill when  you are actually digging up the chest?  I hope you're not stoning it off after deciphering the map and then have 0 cartography skill or a few points from the mapmaker's glasses.  That would entirely explain why you are only getting rusty or metal supply chests.  

MissE said:
    You don't even get a stack of ten when you do the peerless, why should you get a large stack like that in a tmap?  Nor when you farm spawns.  Doing that would make peerless and the mini abyss spawns even less relevant.

Sadly the drop rate of facet maps (other than hoards at miasma, and low level malas maps from dark guardians) for other facets are pretty low. Other than a few scrolls there is little reason to do hoard or trove chests. The odd rare drop there is hardly making them worth doing as in 90% of them (unless you luck out on a decent bit of arm/wep loot) there is nothing else to really recommend them.  These high level maps should have all the lower level map special items in them as well in slightly larger stacks but they don't have any.

For the time and effort required, high level tmapping has been pretty much killed off unless you are after a particular alacrity, but in 2 days I have over 50 of them now so wont be long til they won't even be required. No idea how anyone could class these as a party map. Totally nerfed
    "You don't even get a stack of ten when you do the peerless, why should you get a large stack like that in a tmap?  "

How about, perhaps, because it is  "Treasure" hidden by its owner, an Artisan, who put there all of his/her precious belongings (stuff related to his/her crafting profession) and, thus, ALSO his/her precious Mondain's Legacy/Imbuing Ingredients that he/she had stacked up in his/her life to protect then from being taken by enemies ?

These Artisans hiding their belongings in Treasure Chests might have been very poor if they only had 1 or 2 ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away in a Treasure Chest....
    Margrette said:
    popps said:
    TimSt said:

Popps, I consistently get 3 ML resources when doing Artisan Supply chests in Malas using my Sonoma treasure hunter who has 740 luck and .  Same with my Origin treasure hunter who has 1030 luck and GM cartography, and my Balhae treasure hunter who has 600 luck and GM cartography.  I also fully expect that my Lake Austin treasure hunter who has 950 luck and GM cartography, my Atlanta treasure hunter who has 520 luck and 97 cartography, my Great Lakes treasure hunter who has 895 luck and 93 cartography, and probably also my Hokuto treasure hunter who has 529 luck and 79.9 cartography will also get 3 ML ingredient drops from Artisan Supply chests dug up in Malas and 3 essences or abyssal cloth if I can ever find Artisan Supply maps for Ter Mur.. My Arirang treasure hunter only has 62.8 cartography and 0 luck on her suit, so she can't decipher supply maps yet.

My point is that your problem with getting rusty and metal chests is most likely that your cartography skill is not high enough for you to get metal or gold chests.  The quality of the chest is based on your cartography skill.  The decreased amounts are what you see in rusty chests. 

You need 70 cartography to decipher supply maps.  What is your cartography skill when  you are actually digging up the chest?  I hope you're not stoning it off after deciphering the map and then have 0 cartography skill or a few points from the mapmaker's glasses.  That would entirely explain why you are only getting rusty or metal supply chests.  

Frankly, I do not think that a spawn of a mere 3 Mondain's Legacy OR Imbuing ingredients is satisfactory AT ALL for Artisans' Supply Chests.

Most items, to be crafted, require at least a couple of them and in quantities like 10 of each, pretty often.

This would mean that, in order to obtain a sufficient amount of ingredients to craft anything, at LEAST some 15-20 Artisans' Supply Treasure Maps are needed to be completed PER single item crafted, if not more.....

Considering how time consuming can be getting those many Artisans' Supply Treasure Maps (because the drop rate is low, because there is 5 packages that a Map could spawn as and because a given creature could spawn not just 1 level Map, but often one of 2 Levels Maps...) and the time it would take to do them all in order to stock up the number necessary of either ML ingredients or Imbuing ingredients for the necessary crafting, and all this to just make 1 single item, to me it looks like not much viable nor efficient....

That's why I think that the amount of ML or Imbuing ingredients should be, by far, larger then a mere 3 as you have been experiencing....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    ok, this time I have a question for you.
    If you can't, or won't do the abyss mini-champs for essences - where are you going to get the Ter Mur maps to dig?  The vast majority of the Ter Mur maps I've had came from Abyss spawns. Fire Ants, which are a part of three abyss spawns, drop supply maps.
    edited June 2019
    ok, this time I have a question for you.
    If you can't, or won't do the abyss mini-champs for essences - where are you going to get the Ter Mur maps to dig?  The vast majority of the Ter Mur maps I've had came from Abyss spawns. Fire Ants, which are a part of three abyss spawns, drop supply maps.
    Well, there is a more imbuing ingredients as necessary, then mere Essences... while, in order to get Ter Mur Artisan's Supply Treasure Maps it might be necessary to hunt Creatures that also may have Essences, what about the "other" imbuing ingredients besides Essences that are still needed?

Having them spawn in Artisans' Ter Mur Treasure Maps in generous quantities would be of great help to crafters....

With Mondain's Legacy, yet, it is different.... as Malas Maps, especially Supply, do not need the hunting of Peerless and, yet, creatures dropping Malas Supply Maps, that I know of, do not drop any Mondain's Legacy ingredient......
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Well, I can solve all this for you in one small paragraph:

It is this way because of a design decision by the developers that is not open to feedback or discussion no matter how many long winded posts of “facts” and @ developer messages you post. You are not owed an explanation or justification. 
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    edited June 2019
    It takes literally under 5 minutes solo to do a supply map with little difficulty, and you want it to give you stacks of 10 peerless ingredient, do you know how long it takes to collect keys and slay one peerless solo ? Look at both difficulties of event, compare , and come back to me with a good reasoning behind that. In my opinion maps are already dropping too much gold , like a free easy 45k gold under 5 minutes, no hunt monster can give you that much gold in the game right now
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    free easy 45k gold under 5 minutes, no hunt monster can give you that much gold in the game right now
    Seriously? Completing maps aren't my thing so I had no idea. But haven't we been looking for gold sinks for years to wipe some of this gold and now we're putting in high levels like this?
    edited June 2019
    They should have not put ML ingredients in T Chests.
    edited June 2019
    @popps ;  You never did answer my question about what your treasure hunter's  cartography skill is at the point of digging up a chest.  Do you even have cartography on your character at that point?  I think most people are getting three ML ingredients or essences.  It's kind of a mystery why you say you are only getting 1 or 2.  No one can help you without more information.  

Given how easy it is to farm the dark guardians and how easy it is to defeat the chest guardians I am satisfied with the amount of ML ingredients I am getting. They reflect the effort put in. Their amounts should not be more than if I was to go up against a peerless.

It takes literally under 5 minutes solo to do a supply map with little difficulty, and you want it to give you stacks of 10 peerless ingredient, do you know how long it takes to collect keys and slay one peerless solo ? Look at both difficulties of event, compare , and come back to me with a good reasoning behind that. In my opinion maps are already dropping too much gold , like a free easy 45k gold under 5 minutes, no hunt monster can give you that much gold in the game right now
    The time that needs to be looked at, is not only the time needed to find the chest and dig it up/fight the Guardians but also, the time needed to actually get it as a drop from a Monster....

And, as I said, with 5 different Packages, multiple Levels Treasure Maps that a Treasure Map dropping Creature can spawn, as well as the low drop rate for Treasure Maps that has been reported by players, the time to actually "acquire" an Artisans' Supply Treasure Map might be significative...
    edited June 2019
    Margrette said:
    @ popps   You never did answer my question about what your treasure hunter's  cartography skill is at the point of digging up a chest.  Do you even have cartography on your character at that point?  I think most people are getting three ML ingredients or essences.  It's kind of a mystery why you say you are only getting 1 or 2.  No one can help you without more information.  
    Cartography is 100.0 but no glasses yet.... not stoning it, keeping it throughout from decoding the Map to looting the Chest. Luck is low, though, below 400....

I do am getting golds, although more rusty/metal, I was not aware though that these ingredients were set to spawn in such limited amounts (just 1 or 2, perhaps 3 but all different, hardly stacked up in more of the same kind....), I thought it was "my" problem, perhaps because I did not have glasses or much higher luck....

That's kinda saddening to me, though, that the Artisans' who hid their treasures were so poor and had so few ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away in Treasure Chests....

I mean, I hear of players having stacks of 60,000 of each ML/Imbuing ingredient but then the Crafters who hid their Treasures in Sosaria only had 1 or 2 of them to hide with their Treasure ?

Go figure....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LMAO This is beyond ridicules, you want 60K ingredients and I guess because there are players that have billions and billions of gold that every chest should have that too, and do not forget all those ubber items that some players have maybe the devs should put those in the chests also.
    edited June 2019
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO This is beyond ridicules, you want 60K ingredients and I guess because there are players that have billions and billions of gold that every chest should have that too, and do not forget all those ubber items that some players have maybe the devs should put those in the chests also.
    Aren't they called "Treasure" Chests, afterall.... ?

I am merely saying that, considering that there is players having stacks of 60,000 ML/Imbuing ingredients, I do not see why there could not be Treasure Chests hidden by Artisans with MORE then 1 or 2 or 3 of these same ingredients in them....

I mean, ain't them "Treasures", after all ?

What kind of Artisans where those having ONLY 1 or 2 or 3 ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away as their "precious" Treasure ? Starving, poor Artisans ?

How come there is no such thing as a "fat" Artisan's Treasure Chest with a generous load of ML/Imbuing ingredients hidden away ?

Players can have stacks of 60,000 of each and every of them but Artisans who hid their Treasures away can only have 1 or 2 or 3 of these same ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away in their Treasure Chests ?

Go figure....
    edited June 2019
    popps said:
    Bilbo said:
    Aren't they called "Treasure" Chests, afterall.... ?

I am merely saying that, considering that there is players having stacks of 60,000 ML/Imbuing ingredients, I do not see why there could not be Treasure Chests hidden by Artisans with MORE then 1 or 2 or 3 of these same ingredients in them....

I mean, ain't them "Treasures", after all ?

What kind of Artisans where those having ONLY 1 or 2 or 3 ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away as their "precious" Treasure ? Starving, poor Artisans ?

How come there is no such thing as a "fat" Artisan's Treasure Chest with a generous load of ML/Imbuing ingredients hidden away ?

Players can have stacks of 60,000 of each and every of them but Artisans who hid their Treasures away can only have 1 or 2 or 3 of these same ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away in their Treasure Chests ?

Go figure....

You only get 8 total from Peerless.  Those split between the group. Each players gets 1 or 2.

Anyone who plays has T maps or they discarded them or did not pick them up.  The only place where maps are new is Eodon.  The only time involved is walking over to your chest of maps and putting them in your backpack.  Then doing the map.  Key gathering takes a LOT more time than T Hunting.  Even if you have a lame T hunter like mine that takes a long time to hit the spot.

LS had scores of T maps on vendors before this went live. 20K each.  They have more gold than that inside.

VS still has maps for 20k on LS.

@popps and @Bilbo let's keep the discussion civil and the thread open.

The chests have Pristine Dread Horn Heads.  Thats lame!  @Kyronix ; Can you put Halos in them also?
    You only get EIGHT (8) bits in total doing the peerless.   Thats right only 8 and that is for the boss and spending about an hour or so gathering keys and killing the boss. 

These tmaps are actually making the whole peerless encounter useless if you are only after ingredients.  And these are LOW level maps, don't  need lockpick, don't need more than 30 remove trap, and hardly even need to have any high carto.   And for that you get 2-3 bits each chest.  I ran round yesterday and did about 10 supply artisan chests in about 40mins and ended up with 31 bits, like seriously.  These ingredients should of been put in HIGH level maps, as it is this whole tmap thing is a dumbing down of tmapping.  When  you get better rewards for low level maps and hardly anything for high level then there is a problem. 

Cheers MissE

Pawain said:
    The chests have Pristine Dread Horn Heads.  Thats lame!  @ Kyronix  Can you put Halos in them also?
    Agree read my comment above.  Pristine Heads were a 'rare' drop, I got 3 in 5 artisan supply chests.    DUMBING DOWN.    They may as well toss a crimmy in the supply chests too, and totally KILL the point of any peerless.

I don't mind the lower level chests although the amount of gold in them is totally silly, the lowest level is giving the same gold as what used to be a level 6.  The ML regs should of only been 1 bit max in those low levels and gained as you worked a higher level map.  Hoards and Troves should have the highest level in and then only a max of 5-6 bits, still less than the peerless but something to make it even worth the bother.  Right now, unless you want an alacrity scroll why the hell would you bother with this level map.

Cheers MissE

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    MissE said:
    Pawain said:
    The chests have Pristine Dread Horn Heads.  Thats lame!  @ Kyronix  Can you put Halos in them also?
    Agree read my comment above.  Pristine Heads were a 'rare' drop, I got 3 in 5 artisan supply chests.    DUMBING DOWN.    They may as well toss a crimmy in the supply chests too, and totally KILL the point of any peerless.  

A lot of people have complained over the years about the grind for keys and how a group may just not be feasible during certain times.

To me it seems they're listening to the players requests.

I do agree the higher maps should yield higher rewards but it's still too early to tell if there's hidden gems players haven't discovered yet.

popps said:
    Margrette said:
    @ popps   You never did answer my question about what your treasure hunter's  cartography skill is at the point of digging up a chest.  Do you even have cartography on your character at that point?  I think most people are getting three ML ingredients or essences.  It's kind of a mystery why you say you are only getting 1 or 2.  No one can help you without more information.  
    Cartography is 100.0 but no glasses yet.... not stoning it, keeping it throughout from decoding the Map to looting the Chest. Luck is low, though, below 400....

I do am getting golds, although more rusty/metal, I was not aware though that these ingredients were set to spawn in such limited amounts (just 1 or 2, perhaps 3 but all different, hardly stacked up in more of the same kind....), I thought it was "my" problem, perhaps because I did not have glasses or much higher luck....

That's kinda saddening to me, though, that the Artisans' who hid their treasures were so poor and had so few ML/Imbuing ingredients to hide away in Treasure Chests....

I mean, I hear of players having stacks of 60,000 of each ML/Imbuing ingredient but then the Crafters who hid their Treasures in Sosaria only had 1 or 2 of them to hide with their Treasure ?

Go figure....
    I am still confused as to why you seem to be reporting you rarely get 3 ML ingredients from Malas Artisan Supply chests if you have 100 cartography.  

I made my t-hunter on Test Center a new suit that has 0 luck.  Then I went and dug up three Artisan Supply chests in Malas.  I used the +2 cartography glasses while digging up the first one and did not for the last two.  In all cases, her actual cartography skill was 100.  

All three chests came up as gold.  All three chests contained three ML ingredients, as well as other items.  The other resources found were 100 each of valorite ingots (2 chests) and verite ingots (1 chest).

Next, I deciphered three Malas Artisan Supply chests with 100 cartography skill.  Then I set cartography skill to 0 and dug up each chest.

All three chests came up as rusty.  All three chests contained one ML ingredient, as well as other items.  The other resources found were 100 each of copper ingots, dull copper ingots, and spined leather.

@popps, are you 100% sure that you are not taking cartography skill off before you go dig up the chests?  I am about 100% certain that is the only thing that is going to explain why you are only getting rusty chests and there is only one ML ingredient in the chests.

CHESTS DUG UP WITH 0 LUCK AND 100 CARTOGRAPHY SKILL:

CHESTS DUG UP WITH 0 LUCK AND 0 CARTOGRAPHY SKILL:

ALL THREE CHESTS DUG UP WITH 0 LUCK AND 100 CARTOGRAPHY SKILL:

ALL THREE CHESTS DUG UP WITH 0 LUCK AND 0 CARTOGRAPHY SKILL:

edited June 2019
    MissE said:
    You only get EIGHT (8) bits in total doing the peerless.   Thats right only 8 and that is for the boss and spending about an hour or so gathering keys and killing the boss. 

These tmaps are actually making the whole peerless encounter useless if you are only after ingredients.  And these are LOW level maps, don't  need lockpick, don't need more than 30 remove trap, and hardly even need to have any high carto.   And for that you get 2-3 bits each chest.  I ran round yesterday and did about 10 supply artisan chests in about 40mins and ended up with 31 bits, like seriously.  These ingredients should of been put in HIGH level maps, as it is this whole tmap thing is a dumbing down of tmapping.  When  you get better rewards for low level maps and hardly anything for high level then there is a problem. 
    "These tmaps are actually making the whole peerless encounter useless if you are only after ingredients. "

Since when players go after Bosses for the ingredients ?

The ingredients are a bonus, I think, players, most players at least, go after the High End Bosses for their increased chances at a better item....

Take Corgul, for example, this Boss drops a Level 7 Treasure Map (now 5, Trove), but I seriously doubt that players hunt it for the Treasure Maps, they do it for the better items and, apparantly, it looks like the recent Publish did something to its Loot Table...

"These ingredients should of been put in HIGH level maps, as it is this whole tmap thing is a dumbing down of tmapping. "

Personally, I would have liked it to be with "increasing" quantities of ML/Imbuing ingredients in Artisans' Treasure Maps starting from Supply all the way over to Trove Artisans' Maps....

That way, 2/3 in Supply, 5/6 in Cache, 8/10 in Horde and 10+ in Trove Artisans' Treasure Maps for Mondain's Legacy/Imbuing Ingredients would have made more sense....

Those Crafters seeking a higher quantity of these needed crafting ingredients, would have targeted the Higher Artisans' Maps while those Crafters only needing a few, would have stayed with the Supply Artisans' Maps.

As it is now, instead, a Crafter needing large quantities of these needing crafting ingredients will have to spend their time collecting Supply Treasure Maps and doing them to only end up with a handfull of Ml/Imbuing ingredients after hours, days being spent doing Treasure Maps rather then Crafting.....

For example, Take the Scrapper's Compendium...

It needs 10 Taint and 10 Corruption besides the 1 Dread Horn mane.

Now, whoever has been doing Scrapper's Compendiums, knows very well that, before landing up with one that would still be nowhere near the goodness of the 50% SDI Spellbooks that dropped last Year at the Event, would have to craft tens, possibly hundreds of Scapper's Compendiums before the RNG produced a "decent" one with a usefull Slayer....

And merely 10 Scrapper's Compendiums mean 100 Taints and 100 Corruptions..... which, with 1 of each in an Artisan's Treasure map, means having to find and do some 100 Artisans' Treasure Maps only to then craft a mere 10 Scrapper's Compendiums with NO GUARANTEE that any of those 10 will turn out to be a good one to keep....

See how important it might be to have a source for ML/Imbuing ingredients by the tons ?
This discussion has been closed.