Can't raid Tmaps?

So i'm out looking for people to kill.  Stumble across a couple of blues working a treasure map.  I kill them.  Get on another char to remove trap, and i get an error that says "this is not your chest".

Really?  So people can treasure hunt in fel, and there isn't anything I can loot from the chest?  so they can evaluate items in the chest and loot with insurance cursor up? 

Why even put them in fel.  What a waste.

Comments

  • TyrtleTyrtle Posts: 14
    let them pick it and remove trap first.  I believe then you can loot it.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    outstanding pub.
  • LynkLynk Posts: 124
    Hey Bilbo, just remember, if theres no PK/PvP theres no market for the items you farm.  

    @Bleak @Kyronix was the inability to raid Tmaps in fel intended?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    But you did PvP ( I use that term very loosely because alls you really are is a PKer) and you are mad that you can not steal the chest.  Must have been so hard to kill a T-Hunter, probably just a little easier than killing a PvMer doing a champ spawn.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 267
    Once they pick the lock and remove the trap you can loot it, before then it's the property of the treasure hunter.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 137
    Im guessing the posibility of raiding a Tmap in fell was never though of.
    The "this is not your chest" message is same as before so it not changed.
    Its not a pvp system or content, it just happends to be in felucca due to the map.

    Since its fel you can always kill the spawner though.
    killing them enough untill the chest timeout and expire is penalty enough, exp if lvl 5 Trove map they quite expensive.


  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 761
    edited June 2019
    Sure you can raid treasure maps in Fel, you just need better timing.

    I dug one myself yesterday, a guy on top of the castle next to the spot watched me.  I, in turn, watched him. I knew if he had hostile intentions he could come down after I got it untrapped and I'd be toast. Luckily for me he stayed where he was.

    Edit: After I posted this I decided I'd better check that it was still true. I dug a fel supply map, unlocked it, untrapped it and went home. Switched accounts.
    My second character has just removed a skeleton key from the chest, receiving the notice that "taking someone's treasure is a criminal offence'. She can empty it, but she can't remove the chest. I'm typing this while I wait for the crim tag to wear off so she can go home.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 756Dev
    You can raid Fel T-Maps but as has been mentioned, you have to time it right.  Once the box is open it’s fair game, before that the treasure hunter is afforded some protections.  That’s legacy functionality we did not change.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Kyronix said:
    That’s legacy functionality we did not change.
    TYVM!
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,520
    edited June 2019
    Lynk said:
    So i'm out looking for people to kill.  Stumble across a couple of blues working a treasure map.  I kill them.  Get on another char to remove trap, and i get an error that says "this is not your chest".

    Really?  So people can treasure hunt in fel, and there isn't anything I can loot from the chest?  so they can evaluate items in the chest and loot with insurance cursor up? 

    Why even put them in fel.  What a waste.
    That's working as intended, as I understand it.

    This, if there is interest and willingness to re-Populate Felucca....

    If Treasure Hunts in Felucca can be raided a go-go like Champ Spawns, how long will it be before Treasure Maps will stop being done in Felucca ?

    Not long, to my viewing....

    So, if there is a SERIOUS interest in bringing players to re-Populate Felucca, it goes without saying that at least "some" content needs to be LESS likely to be raided...

    Otherwise, have Felucca DESERTED and void of players pretty much....

    I sure hope that we are not going to see, countless, FREE, Endless Journey hidden characters or Ghost characters working as scripted, wandering CAMs ALL OVER Felucca, to report the presence of players going there to work Treasure Maps for PvP Raiders to raid them a go-go ......
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 4
    popps said:
    This, if there is interest and willingness to re-Populate Felucca....

    If Treasure Hunts in Felucca can be raided a go-go like Champ Spawns, how long will it be before Treasure Maps will stop being done in Felucca ?

    Not long, to my viewing....

    So, if there is a SERIOUS interest in bringing players to re-Populate Felucca, it goes without saying that at least "some" content needs to be LESS likely to be raided...

    Otherwise, have Felucca DESERTED and void of players pretty much...
    Felucca is really, really, REALLY empty. 

    If you honestly think anyone will find you doing a treasure map at a random location in Felucca, you're paranoid...
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,520
    LeBaiton said:
    popps said:
    This, if there is interest and willingness to re-Populate Felucca....

    If Treasure Hunts in Felucca can be raided a go-go like Champ Spawns, how long will it be before Treasure Maps will stop being done in Felucca ?

    Not long, to my viewing....

    So, if there is a SERIOUS interest in bringing players to re-Populate Felucca, it goes without saying that at least "some" content needs to be LESS likely to be raided...

    Otherwise, have Felucca DESERTED and void of players pretty much...
    Felucca is really, really, REALLY empty. 

    If you honestly think anyone will find you doing a treasure map at a random location in Felucca, you're paranoid...
    Do not underestimate the power of using an ARMY of free, scripted, hidden Endless Journey characters or Ghosts to wander all over the Treasure Hunting areas and report to PvP Raiders the presence of anyone in the area....

    Some Wandering and Alert scripts can do wonders..... and current computers can run multiple of these FREE EJ accounts....

    An organized Guild of PvP Raiders can pretty much cover, in between various players in that Guild, all of the relevant Treasure Hunting Areas, I think.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 761
    I've been digging my way through the felucca supply maps I got from Khaldun boxes. I've seen other characters exactly twice. You have ALWAYS been able to loot other people's treasure chests in fel, and I have dug mountains of them. I've only ever been pk'd on them once - on Siege.
    I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker.

    Felucca is a big facet, I doubt anyone would have the computing power to ghost cam all of it. It's not like camping lost lands champ spawns where there are a limited number.  Even when spots were static there were 200 spots on each facet, tram and fel. Now there are many, many more.
  • ...
    I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker...

    This is an excellent plan. It worked for me yesterday. (Great minds...)

    Good luck!

    -Arroth
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    LeBaiton said:
    popps said:
    This, if there is interest and willingness to re-Populate Felucca....

    If Treasure Hunts in Felucca can be raided a go-go like Champ Spawns, how long will it be before Treasure Maps will stop being done in Felucca ?

    Not long, to my viewing....

    So, if there is a SERIOUS interest in bringing players to re-Populate Felucca, it goes without saying that at least "some" content needs to be LESS likely to be raided...

    Otherwise, have Felucca DESERTED and void of players pretty much...
    Felucca is really, really, REALLY empty. 

    If you honestly think anyone will find you doing a treasure map at a random location in Felucca, you're paranoid...
    Well I guess @Lynk just lied to us all and this thread is nothing but a bullshit troll so the mods should just delete it.
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,520
    edited June 2019
    I've been digging my way through the felucca supply maps I got from Khaldun boxes. I've seen other characters exactly twice. You have ALWAYS been able to loot other people's treasure chests in fel, and I have dug mountains of them. I've only ever been pk'd on them once - on Siege.
    I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker.

    Felucca is a big facet, I doubt anyone would have the computing power to ghost cam all of it. It's not like camping lost lands champ spawns where there are a limited number.  Even when spots were static there were 200 spots on each facet, tram and fel. Now there are many, many more.
    Now it's different, Powerscrolls are spawning in Treasure Chests in Felucca, yes, only 105s and 110s, sure, but perhaps it will be enough to motivate PvPers to organize with lots if free EJ hidden or Ghost characters with advanced wandering/alerting scripts to monitor the Felucca Treasure Hunting Areas....

    "Felucca is a big facet, I doubt anyone would have the computing power to ghost cam all of it. "

    A single player with 1 computer no, but a Guild with several members, and with some of them perhaps having more then 1 computer at hand, might not have too much trouble in covering the Treasure Hunting areas with free EJ hidden characters/Ghosts....

    Some wandering/alerting scripts can cover a rather large area and when they detect players' activity in their loop they alert the player to intervene....

    Have a Guild setting up a network of such free, EJ hidden/Ghost characters run by some good wandering/alerting scripts, and it might not be that difficult to cover the Treasure Hunting areas of Felucca on some Shards...

    Regardless, though, we will soon see it first hand....

    Either Treasure Hunters will be raided in Felucca much, or they won't..... if it will be a frequent occurrance, we'll hear it in Chatsand Forums, I imagine.....

    We'll see....

    "I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker."

    On another note, I heard a "rumor" that Cartography glasses might go up to +10 skill ?

    Did you hear anything about that ?
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 4
    Even if I where to get raided, it won't stop me from visiting Felucca and digging up treasure. What I said about Felucca is true and talk about ghost cams and evil lurking at every corner is just paranoia and really silly. Maybe in 2000, sure, but nowadays... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 1,213Moderator
    popps said:


    On another note, I heard a "rumor" that Cartography glasses might go up to +10 skill ?

    Did you hear anything about that ?
    https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/29096/#Comment_29096

  • UrgeUrge Posts: 589
    popps said:
    I've been digging my way through the felucca supply maps I got from Khaldun boxes. I've seen other characters exactly twice. You have ALWAYS been able to loot other people's treasure chests in fel, and I have dug mountains of them. I've only ever been pk'd on them once - on Siege.
    I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker.

    Felucca is a big facet, I doubt anyone would have the computing power to ghost cam all of it. It's not like camping lost lands champ spawns where there are a limited number.  Even when spots were static there were 200 spots on each facet, tram and fel. Now there are many, many more.
    Now it's different, Powerscrolls are spawning in Treasure Chests in Felucca, yes, only 105s and 110s, sure, but perhaps it will be enough to motivate PvPers to organize with lots if free EJ hidden or Ghost characters with advanced wandering/alerting scripts to monitor the Felucca Treasure Hunting Areas....

    I think you're being paranoid and overly dramatic over fel. Nobody is going to spend that much time and effort over a 105 or 110 scroll.


  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 44
    I thought I've heard it all but now we are getting preemptive whines about big bad scary Fel
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 761
    hehe only from one person.  

    I'm not planning to stop digging there, neither is LeBaiton.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 2,716
    Lynk said:
    So i'm out looking for people to kill.  Stumble across a couple of blues working a treasure map.  I kill them.  Get on another char to remove trap, and i get an error that says "this is not your chest".

    Really?  So people can treasure hunt in fel, and there isn't anything I can loot from the chest?  so they can evaluate items in the chest and loot with insurance cursor up? 

    Why even put them in fel.  What a waste.
    You raid Champ spawns before the champ is dead?   My guess yes. Learn how game mechanics work.
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,520
    Urge said:
    popps said:
    I've been digging my way through the felucca supply maps I got from Khaldun boxes. I've seen other characters exactly twice. You have ALWAYS been able to loot other people's treasure chests in fel, and I have dug mountains of them. I've only ever been pk'd on them once - on Siege.
    I'm digging supply because I hope to find some mapmaker's glasses before I tackle the higher ones in my Davies Locker.

    Felucca is a big facet, I doubt anyone would have the computing power to ghost cam all of it. It's not like camping lost lands champ spawns where there are a limited number.  Even when spots were static there were 200 spots on each facet, tram and fel. Now there are many, many more.
    Now it's different, Powerscrolls are spawning in Treasure Chests in Felucca, yes, only 105s and 110s, sure, but perhaps it will be enough to motivate PvPers to organize with lots if free EJ hidden or Ghost characters with advanced wandering/alerting scripts to monitor the Felucca Treasure Hunting Areas....

    I think you're being paranoid and overly dramatic over fel. Nobody is going to spend that much time and effort over a 105 or 110 scroll.


    Well, are all players after loot ?

    Aren't out there, perhaps, some players who might more be on the lookout for other players to attack ?

    Treasure Chests in Felucca, could simply be that "choke" point where to more easily find targets to attack for some players....

Sign In or Register to comment.