T-maps

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited June 2019
    I spent an hour killing Tigers and Sabre tooths.  They should have Stash Maps. Kill them less than 15 sec run from one to next.
    Found 0 maps.

@Tanager ; @Kirthag
    Does it take more than an hour in other facets to get the lowest lvl T Map?

Killed 3 Great Ape. 0 maps.

Did Turtle Spawn.  No map on Turtle.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    Pawain said:
    I finally got an Artisan Cache from a Dime. :(  

Eodon maps will not be flooding the market.
     Miasma.

Also try the birds at the temple for Stash, got quite a few from there, and if you are lucky they will have higher maps inside them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Violet said:
    Pawain said:
    I finally got an Artisan Cache from a Dime. :(  

Eodon maps will not be flooding the market.
     Miasma.

Also try the birds at the temple for Stash, got quite a few from there, and if you are lucky they will have higher maps inside them.

Miasma drops Eodon?   I think somebody was doing the birds because some were by the Tigers. Got 3 foil.

Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213

Got a supply map within 3 minutes off one of the jukari village people.

However, a full hour between fan dancers, ice fiends and ogre lords came up with nothing.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,801
    Urge said:

However, a full hour between fan dancers, ice fiends and ogre lords came up with nothing.

Was it the police man, construction worker, Indian, cow boy, or sailor?
     TimSt said:
    Urge said:

Was it the police man, construction worker, Indian, cow boy, or sailor?

He did the A with his arms. :D

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    It is my experience that when farming for maps you want quantity over quality. That means avoid hard to kill things that take a while to die and/or respawn. Go for easy, fast kills that you can do in mass quantities. So IF I was going to farm in Eodon, I would farm things like Myrmadex Drones and Eodon Tribespeople in the Pit. (I am not sure if the Pit People count... it is on my to-do list.)

Maps don't drop more often on tougher creatures, they just have higher level maps. So if we have to kill 100 earth elementals for a level 1 map, well - you will have to kill 100 T-Rex for a level 5. (The math is just an example, and of course the RNG of it can drop 1 map on the first kill, or none after 200.)

Just to test if there is some bug, I went to the Belfry and farmed the Vile Drakes for 30 minutes until the instance booted me. I got 2 Ter Mur Supply maps, which seems about the usual drop rate to me. Maybe I was lucky.

Do the Trove maps have better mods on the gear, or just more gear? My understanding is that they are the same as cache, just more quantity, with some SoA as well. As it stands now, I have no intention whatsoever of farming for Hoard or Trove maps, when I can get the same loot from a MUCH easier to obtain and dig up cache or supply map. Any Hoard+ maps that I do will be from a cache chest or Miasma paragon chest.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Pawain said:

Miasma drops Eodon?   I think somebody was doing the birds because some were by the Tigers. Got 3 foil.

Thanks
    Added Eodon maps as potential drops in paragon chests.
    From the wiki page
    Maps found in monster chests, such as Ilshenar paragons or Miasma, are random facet.
    That would include all the ML named creatures such as Lurg, Rend etc

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Are the Eodon maps actually marked Eodon?  Or are they marked Ter Mur?  From the paragon chests.  @Mariah @Kyronix
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    Are the Eodon maps actually marked Eodon?  Or are they marked Ter Mur?  From the paragon chests.  @ Mariah @ Kyronix

They are actually marked Eodon.   I've farmed quite. A few of them between Baja and Chesapeake
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited June 2019
    @Pawain

Precisely what @Tanager said about quantity. I do not go for the harder mobs when gathering maps - if I want maps I play the percentage and hunt the easiest mob with the quickest spawn rate in whichever facet I want maps for at off-peak hours.

Map drops are not common at all (see wiki, is 1%) and if a lot of people are currently hunting, that thins out the drops even more. I don't think that 1% is applied to the player, but to the mobs... so think about that for a bit. 1% of the mobs that drop maps - and no guarantee it is the mob you are farming = very rare map.

Example: If everyone is hunting out the paragons in Ilshenar for maps, but a paragon only spawns when enough mobs are killed within the entire facet, could be a long time before a map drops on what you are actively farming at the point. I would imagine hunting on Atlantic would be a major pita.

I schedule my hunting for non-peak times so I can optimize the paragon rate in Ilshenar. If I hunt at peak, the amount of maps will be much less.

edited June 2019
    Is there a chance we could lower the HP of the allosaurus on Tmaps or just remove them?  I had 5 spawn on one chest and with 20k HP it takes awhile to kill them and try to loot the chest.  We used two tamers with beetles, discord, sampire and a colusses.  Still took a lot of time to complete the chest.  @Kyronix @Bleak
    Kirthag said:
    Map drops are not common at all (see wiki, is 1%) and if a lot of people are currently hunting, that thins out the drops even more. I don't think that 1% is applied to the player, but to the mobs... so think about that for a bit. 1% of the mobs that drop maps - and no guarantee it is the mob you are farming = very rare map.

Interesting. I always assumed it was per character and never thought about anything else. You'll have to pardon me if I channel my spirit Popps and question what the exact formula could be if it's per mob type, facet or server wide.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Urge said:
    Kirthag said:

Interesting. I always assumed it was per character and never thought about anything else. You'll have to pardon me if I channel my spirit Popps and question what the exact formula could be if it's per mob type, facet or server wide.

<span>:lol:</span>
    @Urge

Head not working for maths right now... head hurt too much.

I do know from observation that paragon spawn in Ilshenar is facet wide - more people hunting gives less chance of a paragon spawning for a creature you're farming due to others also farming for paragons where they are at.

I come to this after spending weeks and weeks hunting paragons in ilshenar when that facet was created; hunted there exclusively for months. I would farm the gargoyles for their chests and would notice significant longer paragon spawn times when others were actively hunting or doing champ spawns. 

I would hazard a guess that since maps are facet-created that they run on a similar algorithm - facet wide - and by that 1% drop rate. I would further guess that it would be easier to keep track of a 1% per facet than a 1% per player who runs in and out of the facet all the time.... (at least if I was writing the code, I'd rather keep track of the facet counter than x-number of players for each facet).

Not a programmer for this game, so not 100% sure. Could be totally wrong, but I can bet I'd get more Tmaps in a particular facet during slow periods on any shard than at peak times. If the 1% was per player... then that map drop should be steady all the time no matter the amount of hunting by others.

Damn, now my head hurts more.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited June 2019
    Kirthag said:

Are you trying to say 1% of two players killing 200 mobs per hour is a worse rate than 1 player killing 100 mobs per hour? It's both 1 map per 100 mobs, aka 1%.

Mobs in UO have a loot table and when it dies everyone with looting rights takes rolls against the loot table. Never heard of global counters or whatever you are trying to say.

Kirthag said:

Not a programmer for this game, so not 100% sure. Could be totally wrong, but I can bet I'd get more Tmaps in a particular facet during slow periods on any shard than at peak times. If the 1% was per player... then that map drop should be steady all the time no matter the amount of hunting by others.
    Not a mathematician either. I can roll a dice 20 times and dont get a single 6. Then I roll three 6s in a row. The chances to roll a 6 is constantly 1/6th though, no matter how lucky or unlucky I am with my sample.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited June 2019
    JollyJade said:
    Are you trying to say 1% of two players killing 200 mobs per hour is a worse rate than 1 player killing 100 mobs per hour? It's both 1 map per 100 mobs, aka 1%.
    Sorta... 

Player 1 is hunting on the east side of the map. Player 2 is hunting the west. They each kill a specific mob looking for certain loot spawn (is a spawn into the mob's corpse).

Player 1 and 2 are simultaneously killing mobs - Player 2 gets the 100th that spawns the desired item. Another 100 mobs are slain between the two players, again Player 2 gets the spawn. Then another 100 between the two players on opposite sides of the map, then again, Player 2 gets the loot to spawn.

Player one is not getting what he's looking for out of 300 total slain mobs. His actual kill is 200, and not once did the loot spawn that he is looking for, so he claims the system is broken. Player 2 is slower at slaying (maybe lower skills), only getting 100 mobs total, but gets all the spawning loot and thinks because of his luck he is getting more of what he's looking for.

It is interesting when you compare the notes between multiple players who are hunting the same spawn for the same loot but on different parts of a facet. IF the code is working for facet wide loot that is. Again, not a coder for this game so not sure and is just my observation when we were hunting paragons for their chests in Ilshenar, nothing more. I simply figured that since maps are a facet thing, it is most like a facet wide percentage and not a player-kill percentage.

Play how you wish - it just makes sense to me that this is how its done and is how I plan my hunting for various things. Doesn't fail me.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Sorry off topic but 
    This reminds me of the mathematician from the lottery explaining the odd of the winning combination being 1,2,3,4,5,6 with the bonus number being 7.

Hint same as any other set of numbers.  :)
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Urge said:

Your post is about 2000 words short of the mark; so you're good. 
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Kirthag said:
    JollyJade said:
    Sorta... 

Player 1 is hunting on the east side of the map. Player 2 is hunting the west. They each kill a specific mob looking for certain loot spawn (is a spawn into the mob's corpse).

Player 1 and 2 are simultaneously killing mobs - Player 2 gets the 100th that spawns the desired item. Another 100 mobs are slain between the two players, again Player 2 gets the spawn. Then another 100 between the two players on opposite sides of the map, then again, Player 2 gets the loot to spawn.

Player one is not getting what he's looking for out of 300 total slain mobs. His actual kill is 200, and not once did the loot spawn that he is looking for, so he claims the system is broken. Player 2 is slower at slaying (maybe lower skills), only getting 100 mobs total, but gets all the spawning loot and thinks because of his luck he is getting more of what he's looking for.

It is interesting when you compare the notes between multiple players who are hunting the same spawn for the same loot but on different parts of a facet. IF the code is working for facet wide loot that is. Again, not a coder for this game so not sure and is just my observation when we were hunting paragons for their chests in Ilshenar, nothing more. I simply figured that since maps are a facet thing, it is most like a facet wide percentage and not a player-kill percentage.

Play how you wish - it just makes sense to me that this is how its done and is how I plan my hunting for various things. Doesn't fail me.
    So you assume there are facet global counters that count each mob and spawn a map on each 100th killed mob / generated loot? 

I honestly doubt there is special handling just for maps. You just take rolls every time loot is generated (i.e. a monster killed and you got looting rights). Each monster has a loot table, some include maps, say with a 1% chance. You roll a 100-sided dice and if it hits 100 the map is added to the loot. That however can happen back-to-back or not once in 300 rolls.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030

Farmed a bit this morning: 3 Cache maps, 45 min., ~150 kills.

I could speed up the process a bunch as I was basically just messing around. And my gear was hardly "optimized". I think I could probably push it up to 5 or 6 maps in 45min, maybe more with my fighter.

-Arroth
    edited June 2019
    Umm.... How do I get to this tmap location!  LOLOL   @Kyronix

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LOL Diving Bell