FORGOTTEN TREASURES : Has anyone understood what "Legacy recipe scrolls" refer to ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,946
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

"Recipe Scrolls (Artisan Supply & Cache)
    • Legacy recipe scrolls"
Has anyone understood what "Legacy" refers to ?

ALL Recipes, including those from DOOM and the Valley of Eodon ?

Only the Heartwood Recipes ?

The Recipes that one can get from some Quests ?

Personally, I think that ANY and ALL Recipes should be possible to be found in Artisans' Treasure Chests, perhaps, the ones most seeked out, could spawn in Horde and Trove Chests ?

If the spawn of recipes has been limited to only "some" Recipes I think this a mistake.

Artisans' Treasure Chests are meant for Crafters and Crafters, in order to do their crafting work, NEED Recipes, and not just some of them, but ALL of them....

Not to mention, that, other then Refinemenets which need Artisans' STASH Treasure Maps to be found, there is NOTHING peculiar to Artisans' HORDE and TROVE Treasure Maps.

Therefore, it would be perfectly fitting to have Artisans' HORDE and TROVE Treasure Maps, as a uniqueness specific to these Levels, to be capable to spawn, for example, the "new" Recipes from Doom and from the Valley of Eodon.....

@Kyronix , is it possible to kindly have a clarification about this ?

Thanks !!

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Legacy = Mondain's Legacy, ie Heartwood & Sanctuary quest reward recipes.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    edited June 2019
    Mariah said:
    Legacy = Mondain's Legacy, ie Heartwood & Sanctuary quest reward recipes.
    Then, that is VERY unfortunate, to my opinion, if Doom and Valley of Eodon Recipes are not included...

Crafters do need also those Recipes to do their crafting....

They could have well be made spawnable, to my viewing, within Artisans' HORDE and TROVE Treasure Chests...
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    why stop there? why not include just about every item that exists in the game in treasure chests, so you never actually have to train any other skills or do any other content besides treasure hunting?
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    edited June 2019
    if popps was playing in game all the hours he's wasting complaining on forums about every single thing, he'd be rich and have all the things hes complaining about not having
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    edited June 2019
    Yup.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    why stop there? why not include just about every item that exists in the game in treasure chests, so you never actually have to train any other skills or do any other content besides treasure hunting?
    Actually, in order to participate to Treasure Hunting quite a number of skills need to be trained up...

Non combat skills as well as combat skills to deal with the Guardians spawn.

It looks to me pretty comprehensive already in what skills might be required to do Treasure Hunting...

On the topic whether having or not ALL Recipes in Artisans' Treasure Chests, well, there is many arguments, at least to my viewing, favouring this.

# 1 - Crafters NEED Recipes in order to carry out their work. ALL Recipes.

# 2 - It only makes sense to me, that the original owner of that Treasure who buried it to protect it, an Artisan, may have had ALSO Doom and Valley of Eodon Recipes to want to keep "safe" and, thus, buried with his/her Treasure Chest....

# 3 - I do not see why Heartwood and Sanctuary Recipes which are the most commonly found around and, frankly, no longer of any real practical use, should be contained in Artisans' Treasure Chest but NOT those more important to Crafters, the Doom and Valley of Eodon ones...

# 4 - Considering how many players have been reporting how impossible it is to get the Valley of Eodon Recipes, having them show up in Artisans' Treasure Chest would at least have compensated a little the almost impossibility to get then actually in the Valley of Eodon.

# 5 - Playing a Crafter is usually not a way to become rich in Ultima Online, not these days at least. And the few (very rare occurrance) Recipes from Doom and the Valley of Eodon obtained by Fighters that turn up on Vendor Search, usually sell for ridicolously high prices which Crafters hardly have a chance to afford. Having them capable of spawning in Artisans' Treasure Chests would, thus, make it possible for Crafters, those who actually are meant to use them, to have access to them....

The point is NOT to have all items to spawn in Treasure Chests, the point is, to my viewing, to make indispensable tools to Crafters, the Recipes needed to be learnt in order to then craft items, become readily available to Crafters. That Fighters can get them (very occasionally), WHO CARES, it is the Crafters who need them.....
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This question has been answered. 

This discussion has been closed.