Is there any benefits from wearing Plate armor

I was ask this question in our guild discord, I had no clue as I have never wore plate armor before.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Should reduce stamina loss from being hit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Stamina Loss

Player’s stamina loss is influenced by the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor (leaf, tiger pelt, dragon turtle hide) and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
    • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
    • Studded armor, hide armor (not dragon turlte hide), stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Lower Mana Cost

Each piece of non medable armor provides lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces provides a percentage which can exceed the lower mana cost cap of 40. If a suit has 40 lower mana cost already, then 55 lower mana cost can be achieved when wearing 5 x 3% pieces. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

• Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
    • Studded leather, hide armor (not dragon turtle hide), stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

It really does help against stamina loss.  I use it on my warrior.  
    The LMC bonus is nice too.  Just not as nice as studded/bone.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Thanks guys

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

It makes no sense why plate and studded don't get the same LMC bonus reduction?

I wear studded on several characters specifically for the bonus 3% LMC.  If plate were the same I'd wear some plate.
  • SableSable Posts: 239

I wear studded on several characters specifically for the bonus 3% LMC.  If plate were the same I'd wear some plate.
    If you want better stamina loss you wear plate.  If you want better lmc you wear studded.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    Sable said:

If you want better stamina loss you wear plate.  If you want better lmc you wear studded.

Yeah, I get that but slightly better stamina loss just isn't worth 10% LMC loss.  

With DEX over 100-120 stamina loss is barely noticed but at 20-40 INT 10% LMC adds up quick with specials.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389

do the primeval lich spawn, or roof belfry.  basically anything that hits very hard and youll notice.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903

Stamina Loss

Player’s stamina loss is influenced by the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor (leaf, tiger pelt, dragon turtle hide) and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
    • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
    • Studded armor, hide armor (not dragon turlte hide), stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Lower Mana Cost

Each piece of non medable armor provides lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces provides a percentage which can exceed the lower mana cost cap of 40. If a suit has 40 lower mana cost already, then 55 lower mana cost can be achieved when wearing 5 x 3% pieces. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

• Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
    • Studded leather, hide armor (not dragon turtle hide), stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

It really does help against stamina loss.  I use it on my warrior.  
    The LMC bonus is nice too.  Just not as nice as studded/bone.

@Lieutenant_Dan

For a Warrior, be it a Sampire, Zero Sampire, Dragoon (Bushido Paladin), Paladin, Modern Sampire, etc. etc. etc. having to make a choice in between Armor that is Medable (more Mana Rgen rate) but does not offer great bonuses for Stamina Loss Reduction or Lower Mana cost or, in alternative, prefer Armor that focuses on Stamina Loss Reduction over Mana Regen/Lower Mana Cost or, in alternative, prefer Armor that focuses on Lower Mana Cost over Mana Regen/Stamina Loss Reduction, which would be more preferable to use for them with everything being considered?

That is, is it always preferable for a Sampire, Zero Sampire, Dragoon, Paladin, Modern Sampire etc. etc. to prefer for their Armor suit Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) that favour Stamina Loss Reduction over Mana Regen Rate (medable Armor)/Lower Mana Cost  ?

Or are there exception to this ?

What I am trying to understand, is in WHAT cases (i.e. what Templates) WHAT Armor type is better suited.... 

That is, what the "Rule" or "Pattern" that should be followed for different Templates might be....

Thanks.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited June 2019
    the only reason to have medable armor for PvM is when you actually run meditation (or a stealther with less than 105 stealth).

In all other cases you want the increased lmc because you will never regenerate mana fast enough by meditation, focus or mana regen on the suit. Instead you will get your mana through the mana leech on your weapon (or through wraith form for templates that use this).