Ghost cams

Can we please get rid of ej accounts sitting at spawns waiting for a champs to pop. This is an issue that most people agree needs fixing. Running multiple ghost cams seems exploitative and needs a fix. 

Comments

  • TimTim Posts: 651
    Not to be disrespectful but this has been discussed and no one seemed to have a fix that didn't cause even more problem. So unless you have an idea on what they should do...........
  • XrisXris Posts: 128
    Tim said:
    Not to be disrespectful but this has been discussed and no one seemed to have a fix that didn't cause even more problem. So unless you have an idea on what they should do...........
    I didn't see previous discussion sorry. Was not letting EJ accounts in champ area brought up? If they want to pay for every acct sitting there, at least you know they're keeping the uo lights on. Not trying to start a new trolling thread, but this is one of the most annoying things for me. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    This was brought up when they were talking about EJ Accounts and those of us that thought EJ Accounts were getting to much were screamed at for being so narrow minded and look what we have now.  EJ Accounts should have been nothing but Trial Accounts with no time limit on them.
  • TimTim Posts: 651
    Didn't think you were trolling. Just as you said hadn't seen the other threads.

    As I see it the only way to prevent EJ accounts from being used as ghost cams would be to ban them from Fel but that defeats the purpose of the EJ accounts. To let them try the and experience the whole  games we have to let them try "the Fee experience".

    You never know that might be the part of the game they enjoy and make them sign up and stay.
  • XrisXris Posts: 128
    Tim said:
    Didn't think you were trolling. Just as you said hadn't seen the other threads.

    As I see it the only way to prevent EJ accounts from being used as ghost cams would be to ban them from Fel but that defeats the purpose of the EJ accounts. To let them try the and experience the whole  games we have to let them try "the Fee experience".

    You never know that might be the part of the game they enjoy and make them sign up and stay.
    Can't they just ban them from champ areas? It's a defined area, just don't let EJ accounts in there. If they want to sit outside the champ area and guess when champ pops that's at least a step in the right direction. I think we all know it's a small group of people who do it. I got  72 hour ban before for going afk dead at yew gate(to burn long counts) . I didn't even have UOA open, 0 actions running, just used screen activity to stay logged in. But now we can run 20 EJ accounts to track spawns? I showed my rl friend uo recently, he couldn't figure out basic information about how to play UO and gave up after 2 weeks. Let's not pretend they're getting new subs from anyone that hasn't played before. 
  • ReywindReywind Posts: 16
    I think the exorcism spell should be usable anywhere, and ghosts without a corpse nearby will be teleported to a shrine. It was added to address ghost cams anyway, might as well make it work as intended
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    Xris said:
    Tim said:
    Not to be disrespectful but this has been discussed and no one seemed to have a fix that didn't cause even more problem. So unless you have an idea on what they should do...........
    I didn't see previous discussion sorry. Was not letting EJ accounts in champ area brought up? If they want to pay for every acct sitting there, at least you know they're keeping the uo lights on. Not trying to start a new trolling thread, but this is one of the most annoying things for me. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3966/perhaps-the-road-to-help-repopulate-felucca-might-come-from-killing-ghost-cams-and-the-likes
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Bilbo said:
    This was brought up when they were talking about EJ Accounts and those of us that thought EJ Accounts were getting to much were screamed at for being so narrow minded and look what we have now.  EJ Accounts should have been nothing but Trial Accounts with no time limit on them.
    Yea, they pretty much designed EJ to be a huge pain for honest players but a dream come true for scripters xD
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • CetricCetric Posts: 151
    JollyJade said:
    Bilbo said:
    This was brought up when they were talking about EJ Accounts and those of us that thought EJ Accounts were getting to much were screamed at for being so narrow minded and look what we have now.  EJ Accounts should have been nothing but Trial Accounts with no time limit on them.
    Yea, they pretty much designed EJ to be a huge pain for honest players but a dream come true for scripters xD
    ^
Sign In or Register to comment.