Whips in Stash Chests

just for your info, other thread seems to be closed.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Personally I would unravel the lot, you may wait for a good one ..... but given the stash chests had 0 artifact level items in them you could be waiting a good while if this is the only level assassin chest they appear in.  Haven't found any in any other level assassin chests.

Cheers MissE

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    I just wondered if they were low enough in properties to be imbuable.

IF there are such things as plain, imbuable ones I'd guess they'd be in Artisan chests like the skull longsword and gnarled staff, but since they're not in the publish notes, perhaps they don't exist.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Thanks @MissE . Ya, they are unravel material/junk. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Thanks for showing

It seems to me they added whips with random magical propeties.
    Appart from the two special moves, I dont see why anyone would prefer a whip over any old weapon unless it spawns with some high end propeties.

It would be fun if everyone did t-hunts for a few months and all of a sudden someone finds a new magical artifact that none has seen before and is not announced anywhere :)
    I think T-chests opens for this in future, same with new the MIBs.

People got stored up thousands of maps and mibs, everything that could possible spawn will be known in first week, definately.

The real power of T-hunts is to never know what you might find.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    psycho said:

People got stored up thousands of maps and mibs, everything that could possible spawn will be known in first week, definately.

this.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    On the same theme as psycho and Kirthag.

Is there any non artifact weapon that spawns less than 99% junk?

Rare is GOOD
    Kirthag said:
    psycho said:

this.
    Actually NOT this, with these new chests you know exactly what you are gonna find, how many items, what type of pink or alacrity depending on type, you know you are gonna get 60 of each reg in mage stash bag, you know if you get a crate in a stash chest you are gonna get 6 refinements in it and if you get boards/ingots/leather you will get 50 bits of same. Supply chests you will get skel keys, surge shields, orbs, shield engrave tools, 100 in resources etc,.  You know exactly how many bits of paper you get in a hoard chest (4) and how many in a trove chest (5) You know exactly how many gems you are gonna get in each level chest and roughly the amount of gold, and the ONLY things you don't know is when you may luck out and get the hourglass, skull tile or those ancient weapons all of which have NO use other than deco.  Mana Orbs from what I hear only seem to be appearing in supply chests, which basically means you have to go kill low level spawn to get them, so I reckon shortly as anyone without even gm lockpicking can do them there will be an influx of them on the market so not as desirable as they were.  As for alacrity scrolls well the value in those will bottom out really quickly given how many of them you will be tripping over on your way around.

Sadly I know exactly what I am gonna get depending on what level and type I do.  While the low level chests are problably good for the difficulty level the hoard and trove chests are seriously sub par when it comes to loot, especially if you were to take a party.   Now if they had the existing loot set up, with the added bonus of a mix of all loots currently spawning in the low level chests it would be better.  By that I mean in those two upper level chests give them their current spawn but then pick 3-4 'specials' from the lower chests ie orbs, surge shields, skel keys, reg bags, mini arti, 200 quantity of resources leather, ingot pile, boards etc etc, recipes, to RANDOMLY spawn along with the alacrity, pink, tmaps, powerscrolls and other special stuff hourglass etc.  That way you are NOT force to wade through supply chests etc to get that loot.  I know killing stuff at that level is just pure boredom once you do the upper chests. 

Cheers MissE

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    If you happen to dig up a rusty chest, you will see the quantities of items decrease and/or the quality of the ingots/boards/leather in artisan stash and supply chests will be lower.
    Margrette said:
    If you happen to dig up a rusty chest, you will see the quantities of items decrease and/or the quality of the ingots/boards/leather in artisan stash and supply chests will be lower.
    yeah but even so, between rusty and gold there is very little dif, a few more gems, 2-3 more items, a touch more gold but certainly no surprises.

Cheers MissE

• HippoHippo Posts: 280
    Off topic but speaking of treasure chests, can you keep the chests themselves - or do they go poof! Some of them, especially the "rusty" chest, would make nice deco...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    Hippo said:
    Off topic but speaking of treasure chests, can you keep the chests themselves - or do they go poof! Some of them, especially the "rusty" chest, would make nice deco...
    Please see this post by Kyronix:

• The only good thing about the Whips, is that they give Macers and Fencers access to a 1H WW Wep, for those "Dragoon" Paladin templates out there (which work great on Blackthorn's Captains). My Macer could use a Barbed Whip of every Super Slayer type as i solo the Blackthorn Captains and their spawn. Too bad the imbuable whips were such a rare drop from Krampus. They totally should've been a recipe.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The only good thing about the Whips, is that they give Macers and Fencers access to a 1H WW Wep, for those "Dragoon" Paladin templates out there (which work great on Blackthorn's Captains). My Macer could use a Barbed Whip of every Super Slayer type as i solo the Blackthorn Captains and their spawn. Too bad the imbuable whips were such a rare drop from Krampus. They totally should've been a recipe.
    totally off topic but tell me of this Dragoon paladin template....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...