Negative Properties.... I thought that they spawned only on "high" modifiers' items....

I happened to get this item as spawned which it surprised me a whole lot...

It only got generated with 3 properties and, yet, it was added the "Antique" negative property....

How come ?

I thought that only "high end" items with a high number of properties got added a negative one to compensate the high number of positive ones... apparently, though, if items like the one I got get spawned, this is not the case....

So, does anyone know how exactly the RNG generates items with "negative" properties ?

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    I think the name say it all Random Number Generator. The stats on the items in game are Randomly Generated.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Arron said:
    I think the name say it all Random Number Generator. The stats on the items in game are Randomly Generated.
    Yes, but the "negative" properties ??

Shouldn't they "only" be attached to an item to "compensate" too much a high number of positive properties ?

What is the point of adding a negative property to an item that has a "low" number of properties ?
    edited May 2019
    All properties are added randomly, positive and negative. There is always a chance for any property to be added to items on the corpse of whatever monster you are fighting. does not matter if there is only 1 or 20 properties on the item.(Random Number Generator) Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Arron said:
    All properties are added randomly, positive and negative. There is always a chance for any property to be added to items on the corpse of whatever monster you are fighting. does not matter if there is only 1 or 20 properties on the item.(Random Number Generator)
    I am still learning and I know I am not all knowing. Hehe.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    poppps who are you on catskills IF I may ask ? Ill help you with any info you need concerning magic item generation 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be about ~50% chance to apply a negative property for each magical property on the item.   the more magical properties, the greater the chance the item would have a negative property added to it.

It seems legendary artifacts can only spawn as;

1 Brittle
    2 Antique
    3 Cursed
    4 Clean
    5 Prized (doom only? - I've never seen one)
    6 Prized + Antique (Khaldun spawn - I'm unsure if these can still spawn haven't done Khaldun since the event ended tbh)

Both 50 stones & 125 strength requirement negative properties seem to be limited to items of "Lesser Artifact" and lower quality. ... oddly enough 50 stone weight is the worst negative out of everything aside from Cursed, because it greatly affects how much loot/resources you could carry, especially if you use more than one 50-stone item... but we don't need to worry about that because these items are weak compared to higher-end items that cannot even spawn with a 50 stone weight. .

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659