The only good use for a Triton?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     :p 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Ivenor said:
    @Ivenor ;

Does one need to understand that you do not like how the Triton does in combat ?

Why so, if I may ask ?

Other Tamers are quite enthusiast about their Tritons.... why don't you like it much instead ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971

Great Deco!
    temp.png 168.9K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I know it was not easy to decorate that pond. It is hard to get stuff locked down in just the right place. Great Job!!!
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    popps said:
    Ivenor said:
    @ Ivenor 

Does one need to understand that you do not like how the Triton does in combat ?

Why so, if I may ask ?

Other Tamers are quite enthusiast about their Tritons.... why don't you like it much instead ?

Well, for what I have read around, the question of the Triton usefulness as a Combat Pet is open for debate (e.g., the ratio between good/bad Stats ones), but that was not the point of my post.

My impression is that with this Pet the Team got a fast one with the Players: as if it wasn't enough having a GIANT ROACH as one of the most useful Pet, seeing now a bunch of self-dignified Tamers... "slugging around" with this, IMO frankly HIDEOUS creature, makes me laugh my axe off.  :D ;)

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited May 2019
    I am still in the process of training my one and only Titan. I have been busy working the new high seas content and loving it as well as decorating 2 Keeps and a Castle. A decorators work is never done. I am trying to get a balance between looking great and over crowded. I try to go by the rule less is more. Hopefully I will be able to finish training my Titan soon and use it insted of my Najasaraus which is my go to pet for PVM. When I am done training my Titan I will be beter able to guage its strengths and weaknesses in PVM. 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    what makes these better than a Cu?  or 2 slot nightmare?  wondering if i should get one before event is over.  i just dont see much point because you cant ride them but am i missing something?

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited May 2019
    Smoot said:
    what makes these better than a Cu?  or 2 slot nightmare?  wondering if i should get one before event is over.  i just dont see much point because you cant ride them but am i missing something?

They have healing and I've seen some with impressive overcap wrestle and resist. Saw one yesterday with over 128 wrestle.

I run a discorder so I have no real use for overcap wrestle. 

After lugging rune beetles and greater dragons, Im just not enthusiastic about walking another pet. I'm passing on this pet.
    Ivenor said:
    You forgot to tell them it was suppose to be funny
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    With "them" do you mean the Tritons? B)
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Players, slug on a chopping block = fish bait.
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    :D ;)
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Tritons are one of the best pets in game.
    edited May 2019
    Lynk said:
    Tritons are one of the best pets in game.
    With or without a pinch of salt? ;)

"Best pet" I cannot say, "most dignified" IMO surely not.
    Why anyine cares about the aesthetics of a follower in an entirely ugly gsme is beyond me.  Change the art files to reflect your favorite looking pet and move on.
    Lynk said:
    Why anyine cares about the aesthetics of a follower in an entirely ugly gsme is beyond me.  Change the art files to reflect your favorite looking pet and move on.
    Chill out, dude! B)

If you aren't able to elaborate an appropriately funny reply to a little... Triton-in-cheek joke maybe you should consider to revise your level of commitment to the Game... :D   ;)
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    Pound for pound the strongest pet in game Imo.  Make a gargoyle if you don't wanna be on foot
    edited May 2019
    Cetric said:
    Pound for pound the strongest pet in game Imo.  Make a gargoyle if you don't wanna be on foot
    I'm sure it is, but, as I already wrote, this is NOT the point of this thread... oh, darn, useless.

If nobody else than me see something vaguely... "dysfunctional", or even simply deserving some puns, in the fact that, in the context of a supposedly "High Fantasy" game, instead that with dragons and such, Tamers go merry around on giant roaches and with giant slugs following... well, clearly the "problem" is mine alone.

@Mariah @Rorschach , please be so kind to close this useless thread at your early convenience.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    It is not for you to decide if this thread is useless. :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    It is not for you to decide if this thread is useless. :)
    There is that... :D ;)
    Well now Im just concerned that you guys dont actually know what a pun is.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Lynk said:
    We know but have the good taste to ignore them  :)
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    And they are still so clueless, beyond priceless 
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    While I wish it was a dragon and wizard game personally.... It also has dinosaurs, ninjas, samarais, robots, gargoyles, gunpowder cannons, electricity, and purple llamas.  So while I get where ur coming from, toting around a slug or beetle isn't exactly out of context.
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    And they are still so clueless, beyond priceless 
    Well, I must admit now that my OP was a just a little cryptic, AAMOF... o:)
    Cetric said:
    While I wish it was a dragon and wizard game personally.... It also has dinosaurs, ninjas, samarais, robots, gargoyles, gunpowder cannons, electricity, and purple llamas.  So while I get where ur coming from, toting around a slug or beetle isn't exactly out of context.
    Well, the purple llamas at least have an hystorical reason to exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Minter

Tim said:
    Lynk said:
    We know but have the good taste to ignore them  :)
    ;)
    Related image

edited May 2019
    Bilbo said:
    Related image

Here and Here! :D
    Its like the worlds dumbest people are all in on the least funny inside joke.