House decay

I'm going to vacation and I won't be on for a week. How long does it take for a house to fall down?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Is your account active
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    if your account is paid, your house won't fall. 

read up on house decay and such here: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/

specifically:

Condemned Houses

Your house will become condemned under the following conditions:
    If you place another house, except under the conditions referred to above. In this case the only way to prevent the house from falling is to trade it to another account.
    If your account becomes inactive (ie not paid for). In this case there is a 90 day grace period after which the house will begin to decay. If the account is reactivated before the final stages of decay the house will refresh at the following server up.

• XroseXrose Posts: 61
    edited May 2018

Sorry to bump an old thread. Another question on house decay and how that effects transition into Endless Journey. In EJ (endless journey), a player can't own a house, but how does that work around the 90 day grace of an unpaid subscription.

Does this mean you can visit a house in EJ and watch your own house decay?

I thought this was a valid question enough to bump this thread but I actually couldn't find an answer in the EJ FAQ.

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    edited May 2018
    Your account will switch to EJ 120 days after you deactivated it. You can't just subscribe for a month and then enjoy 90 days of free housing.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • XroseXrose Posts: 61
    So the account becomes disabled after a game code runs out, then 120 days after that date you can play Endless Journey? 

I think you thought I was trying a free ride. Not the case.

I just don't wish to pay £120 for a game for a year. I'd rather split it up into £40 a year and play every few months instead. Endless Journey hasn't really caught my interest. Although it would have been fun to still play while no house was active. I wanted to know how the housing would work that's all.

Thanks for the answer !
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Xrose said:

Sorry to bump an old thread. Another question on house decay and how that effects transition into Endless Journey. In EJ (endless journey), a player can't own a house, but how does that work around the 90 day grace of an unpaid subscription.

I thought this was a valid question enough to bump this thread but I actually couldn't find an answer in the EJ FAQ.

The relevant QA in the FAQ would be this one:

Who is eligible for Endless Journey?

New accounts and previously paid subscription (veteran) accounts that have been closed for at least 120 days are eligible for Endless Journey.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Yup! you can open an EJ account and watch your home fall, but you can't pick anything up at the first fall of it. They have prevented EJ accounts from pickings stuff up till after 30 minutes. I myself would not have the heart to sit and watch people pilfer through my hoard. They could never adore and cherish it as much as I. :)
    Xrose said:

Gidge said:
    Yup! you can open an EJ account and watch your home fall, but you can't pick anything up at the first fall of it. They have prevented EJ accounts from pickings stuff up till after 30 minutes. I myself would not have the heart to sit and watch people pilfer through my hoard. They could never adore and cherish it as much as I. :)
    Xrose said:

How can you watch your home fall when it takes 120 days to turn an account into an EJ account?  Your house would have been gone for 30 days.  Your new math does not work here, better go back to basic math.
    Bilbo said:
    Gidge said:
    Xrose said:

How can you watch your home fall when it takes 120 days to turn an account into an EJ account?  Your house would have been gone for 30 days.  Your new math does not work here, better go back to basic math.

Thanks for the insults there Bilbo, Just make a new account and login, go to your old home and stand there as it falls. If you note I didn't say anything about logging in the same account. I specifically said "open an"... and although I admit my math is not the finest, I do not condone the new math, I am not of that breed.
    Gidge said:
    Bilbo said:
    Gidge said:
    Xrose said:

Thanks for the insults there Bilbo, Just make a new account and login, go to your old home and stand there as it falls. If you note I didn't say anything about logging in the same account. I specifically said "open an"... and although I admit my math is not the finest, I do not condone the new math, I am not of that breed.
    An account can only own one house on a prodo shard, discounting old grandfathered houses, so it would not be your house that you watched fall it would be another accounts house you are watching fall.
    Bilbo said:
    Gidge said:
    Bilbo said:
    Gidge said:
    Xrose said:

An account can only own one house on a prodo shard, discounting old grandfathered houses, so it would not be your house that you watched fall it would be another accounts house you are watching fall.
    Omgooses.... O.O  it is still her human body out of the game that the house belonged to regardless of which characters eyes she is viewing it through. It would be hers....You are kinda scary if you really think that way.

If you associate yourself that much with the pixels in the game... you need a vacation from UO. :)

And you CAN own more than one account too and actually live beside yourself too. :) Best neighbor ever!

And you can own two homes. One on Siege or Mugen and one on another shard of your choice, on the same account.